+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive Warrior PvP Guide

I'm not really back. I'll poke around a bit in wotf and I have a 40 dok in warhammer, but I'm headed to Vet school in January. I doubt I'll have a lot of free time for gaming for the next four years.. Good to see you two still hanging around...play nice..

Lol, playing nice isn't in a warrior's vocab... we taunt things right? (your mom!). haha well glad to see you peaking back and forth Kaz, any success either of us have ever had, no matter how small, was thanks to you and your knowledge.

And Vet school??!?! zomg, I think if I wasn't a computer geek, I'd be a Vet, my g/f too. We love animals =]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

GL at vet school

Updating

Interface
    Everyone's is different. This is what my UI looks like:

This is running the test function of the addons so you can see where everything would be in an arena situation.

I've uploaded my UI to Wowinterface for anyone who is interested:

BW UI : WoWInterface Downloads : Generic Compilations

Mods I use(Click to open their download sites):

Afflicted2- Afflicted2 : WoWInterface Downloads : PvP/Arena/BattleGrounds
    Bartender4- Bartender4 : WoWInterface Downloads : Action Bar Mods
    OmniCC- OmniCC : WoWInterface Downloads : Casting Bars and Cooldowns
    Pitbull- PitBull - Addons - Curse
    Proximo- Proximo : WoWInterface Downloads : Ace: Combat
    Quartz- Quartz - Modular Casting Bar : WoWInterface Downloads : Casting Bars and Cooldowns
    PvP Trinket Tracker- Mods | D r a m a

Basic PvP UI Tutorial (video) - Arena Junkies Forums - This guide explains how to create a PvP UI through video tutorials.

When you download addons, make sure they are up to date(with the current patch), because if they aren't you will run into too many errors.

To quote Pharaunmizz:

Never underestimate the power of having more space and less clutter. PvP is pretty dynamic, so being able to see clearly can seriously help you out. Don't bother using Addons if they aren't doing anything for you. Periodically evaluate each of your addons and see if they're actually worth their screen space.
    Last edited by Bloodwraith; 12-30-2008 at 07:50 PM.

Hmm.. proximo still the one to use? Unless it was updated recently, it was pretty buggy. I'm going to give galdius a try, and see how it goes.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

I've switched over to gladius myself.

I'll be trying to get an update for the OP as soon as I can.

Engineering is the best profession.

You get hand-mounted rocket launchers. Everything else pales in comparison.

what gems would you put into prismatic sockets? and is hit and expertise viable in pvp? how much?
    Last edited by stupidfish; 12-31-2008 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidfish View Post
    what gems would you put into prismatic sockets? and is hit and expertise viable in pvp? how much?
    164 (5%) hit rating is what you should be aiming for. This is the hit cap for PvP with a two-hander.

For a socket it depends. I'm stacking some hit gems right now because it's hard to reach the hit cap without some hit gems or PvE gear.

If you're good on hit I would suggest stacking crit due to the large amount of arms talents that buff/depend on crits.

The spell reflect macro does not work. I think it has to do with titans grip and being able to equip a 2 handed wep and a shield with that talent. I used the same macro before wrath and it would sometimes only equip the shield and not the 1 hander not really a problem because i would spam it and bam the 1 hander would equip anyway. Seems the equiping of a shield no longer unequips a 2 hander now so you have to equip the 1 hander then shield then cast spell reflect. Your macro is trying to equip the shield then the 1 hander right after and it sends a message "i need two hands for my weapon"
    Just switch the last two lines and its fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Beatcrushers View Post
    The spell reflect macro does not work. I think it has to do with titans grip and being able to equip a 2 handed wep and a shield with that talent.
    the guide is intended for 54/17/0 where the macro works just fine

need a little help i am doing a 2v2 with a discipline priest and a MS warrior am the warrior it seem that we find that we are getting are A$$kick like no other but i think it is because we don't have the gear i don't know what is the best way to do this team

warrior - The World of Warcraft Armory

Priest - The World of Warcraft Armory

I tried this comp at the beginning of the season (wasn't very geared) and we also got owned.

Your gear looks like a mix of raid gear and the PvP gear. I would suggest getting the fourth piece for that set to reduce your intercept CD. Put some sort of enchant on your shoulders/gloves. Unless you PvE mostly I would suggest switching to weapon chain. Pick up the new PvP Trinket for a ton more resil. Try out the spec listed in the guide instead of your current one.

Get your priest to try out this spec: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Other than that I can't help because I haven't tried the comp since then. I'm guessing after seeing your healers health that you're going to have to help him a lot with peels/disarms. I think Kazey might be playing with a priest, maybe he can help you a bit more on strats.

yea going to do that now. with the weapon chain would be kinda hard but as i have been seeing we got to 1550 and then it was like WTF 1413. with the weapon chain tho that is my pve gear too i have the mace that im going to do that with as soon has i get a better 2h(using mace and sword for pve) and didnt see a lot of disarms but a lot of helping him and THANK you for the macros helps a lot

Quote Originally Posted by diroma View Post
    yea going to do that now. with the weapon chain would be kinda hard but as i have been seeing we got to 1550 and then it was like WTF 1413. with the weapon chain tho that is my pve gear too i have the mace that im going to do that with as soon has i get a better 2h(using mace and sword for pve) and didnt see a lot of disarms but a lot of helping him and THANK you for the macros helps a lot
    Np, GL with your 2v2's

A Bit Discouraged o.O lol

alrighty well first of all ty for making this guide it really helped me on my outlook of my class, i was sortof used to submitting to other classes as "unbeatable" or "better tanks" etc and ur guide sortof broke that mold so tyvm . anywho, i switched ALL of my combat abilities to keybinds including trinkets. and well im playing like i bought my char lol idk if this is normal or if i should just do like a keybind a day to kindof ween myself off or if i should just go all out keybinds. idk some advice from u guys would be appreciated .

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfist View Post
    i switched ALL of my combat abilities to keybinds including trinkets. and well im playing like i bought my char lol idk if this is normal or if i should just do like a keybind a day to kindof ween myself off or if i should just go all out keybinds. idk some advice from u guys would be appreciated .
    I went through this a little when I started using a gamepad. Most people seem to report it taking anywhere from 48 hours to a week to get the hang of their new configuration. I would try to stick with it though and if you continue to have problems re-evaluate.

hmm ya idk im somewhat getting used to it now i was 77 doin this one quest in icecrown near the shadowgate, solod 2 80s(which i realize is no big deal) where as the day b4 when i had switched i couldnt solo one. anyway should i be running with the mouse(like clicking both buttons) or just turning with it because i find it difficult to use my keybinds while running, idk spose practice makes perfect as in all things . also when u say re-evaluate do u mean like keybinding in general or position of keybinds er... o.O lol, idk if any1 has like a prelisted set of keybinds for warriors thatd be usefull

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfist View Post
    hmm ya idk im somewhat getting used to it now i was 77 doin this one quest in icecrown near the shadowgate, solod 2 80s(which i realize is no big deal) where as the day b4 when i had switched i couldnt solo one. anyway should i be running with the mouse(like clicking both buttons) or just turning with it because i find it difficult to use my keybinds while running, idk spose practice makes perfect as in all things . also when u say re-evaluate do u mean like keybinding in general or position of keybinds er... o.O lol, idk if any1 has like a prelisted set of keybinds for warriors thatd be usefull
    Just turning with your mouse is the correct way.

Where do I say something about reevaluating Keybinds?

Here is my keybinds:

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwraith View Post
    Just turning with your mouse is the correct way.

Where do I say something about reevaluating Keybinds?

Here is my keybinds:

alright well ty, spose ill just reset my keybinds to urs, unoriginal but might save me some reevaluating

+ Reply to Thread