Games For Gamers

TankSpot Podcast #9
    Consoles vs. PCs, RPGs, RTS
    Patrick O'Callahan "Ciderhelm" and Joshua Allen "Lore"
    56:14

Player not showing up? Try refreshing!

Direct Download For This Podcast

Podcast Information
    This podcast is a discussion of our favorite genres and games we've enjoyed over the years. It begins with a comparison between console and PC games and develops into covering both RPG and RTS games. This should be of interest to any long-time gamer.

The Friday podcast is an off-topic discussion. These are unscripted discussions with a general subject, and do not have a transcript or pre-recorded outline available.

When available, Donors will see both the outlines and podcasts in advance of their post date.

Did you find this subject utterly boring? Please, suggest topics and discussions, and ask questions for us to include in our upcoming podcasts.

zomg, where is that intro from? Red Alert?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Yessir.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Gah, MARMOT

Marmot!

Hey, you talk about RTS but don't bring up Age of Empires? pft. Wonder! WIN!

Moved this to the public forums!

Viva le Marmot!

Oh man, recognized that song immediately, brought back happy memories of playing my friends over the phone. When anything over 28.8 kbps was considered a fast connection lol.

Proud owner of a single target taunt as of 1/20/09

That's why I preferred the Civ series to C&C and also the age of Empires stuff. Quite simply if a habitation centre needs a resource I expect them to be smart enough to walk to the nearest hill or rocky outcropping and quarry it. I don't mind micromanaging and building infrastructure and so on but things like that annoyed me. Despite that I just couldn't get away with the Sim city series as there didn't seem to be an end use.

One game that was pretty good that I found by accident was Ascendancy, kinda sci-fi equiv, but more galactic orientated than Alpha Centauri. Every time I unfortunatly go through an elf area the music does sound like a direct rip off.
    Former TBC/LK Tank
    Waiting for Dunmail Jnr to sleep to enable online gaming.

that intro put a smile on my face remembered it right away. I used to play that over dial up I need to find that disk or download it or something. that game rules.

Agreed, peons are one of my biggest pet peeves in RTS games. I should not be having to fund and train new troops in the middle of a battlefield.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

I did like dawn of war and how they did their resourse system.

Personally loved CIV and total annihilation, TA though an old game was fun for being able to set build orders and have multiple construction units assist build, eg queing construction units to be build and the instant they finish having them instantly start assist building more units.

Plus having construction units on patrol being able to automatically assist build structures, repair units and reclame wreckage on the patrol route was nice, even if they would usually be stuck working on building structures.

Though somepoint I need to try supcom since it looks like a interesting game due to being extreamly modable and able to set automatic ferry points between factories and the front lines via transport units.

Dungeon Keeper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You ran the dungeon. Foolhardy raiders breached the wall and started slaying your abominations, succubi, and the like. Your objective was to kill, capture, torment, and generally hold back the raiders until you could reach an impenetrable condition and thus win the level.

+ Reply to Thread