+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ready for HK / Gruul?

Ready for HK / Gruul?

Hello all,

Melanchior's Armory

Please look my gear over and tell me if I need to change anything to tank the High King and Gruul. My guild has an alliance with another guild now and they need someone to tank him. The other guild leader does not think I can do it since my Dodge is below 24% and wanted some info about this.

I plan on geting rid of the +Dodge gems for +12 Stam gems today. I am thinking of respecing to this. What do you all think?

Thank you for your time and information on this.

Note: Change Carrot to [item]Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch[/item] for other trinket.

Edit fixed link to build.
    Last edited by Melanchior; 04-24-2008 at 06:05 AM.

My suggestions are as Follows:

You need to find a better tanking cloak and lose the +hit gems, the only place i've found a good place to shove one, is my [item]Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer[/item] the badges cloak is extremely cheap and much better than dark reavers for tanking. You also might want to swap in a stamina trinket for that GBA, the stamina trinket out of magisters terrace heroic is very nice :[item]Commendation of Kael'thas[/item] the hit from KD and your neck should be enough for HK/Gruul and the new badge belt is another excelent place to pick up some more +hit.

When your tanking HK the focus is on surviving since you will have plenty of time to build threat, and he's not taunt immune so you should have about 60k threat or more by the time dps actually gets around to killing HK at that point you have a sufficient threat lead to not worry about it. U can squeeze yet another 10 stamina from your legs by putting the good armor kit on them, but if i were you I'd get the new badge legs, vastly superior to the old ones, the expertise will get you a long way towards getting soft capped, reduce parry retaliations, and up your threat output.

When tanking Gruul its another survival fight, MAX EH and that pocketwatch is a godsend for a nasty silence, don't worry about threat all that much, since again you should have plenty tps to handle what the DPS is putting out. Make sure you bring an unstable flask and stam food to the raid, and i think thats about it.

Thank you for the reply. I will be doing that ASAP.

+ Reply to Thread