+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suddenly promoted to MT...need advice.

Suddenly promoted to MT...need advice.

Hey all I'm part of a casual guild that raids progression content 3 nights a week. We're 3/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, and 1/5 MH. A couple days agoour current MT xferred because of latency and d/c problems. I am probably now the top candidate for the new MT as I am probably the best geared warrior in the guild. I offered to step up and take the position since the guild was obviously in need. Keep in mind though that I just respecced from Arms and haven't tanked or raided on my warrior in a while.

The World of Warcraft Armory
    For some reason I logged out with the heroic badge ring instead of my Kara ring. The other notable pieces I have are the Gnomer Auto Blocker and the threat throwing weapon from regular Magister's.

What I basically want is a very harsh critique. Everything from my talent spec to gem and enchant choices and especially looking for potential upgrades. Here are my thoughts on what I should be doing in the near future.

1. My shield is bad. Nightbane has not been kind to me and I'm really unable to run Gruul because the guild does it on the weekends and we don't really run ZA (don't know why). I'm thinking my best option is to hold off until Season 4 and then buy the S2 shield with honor points.

2. My belt is also weak. I'll be going for Girdle of the Fearless.

3. Run Kara until I get Tier 4 helm. Not much choice here since we haven't cleared ZA for the Battlesworn Tuskguard.

4. I'll start running heroic magister's again for the Commendation of Kael'thas (ran it about 8 times with no trinket drop, then respecced arms) because it will be good for my damage reduction set to use with the Pocket Watch. For threat fights I can swap in the Shard of Contempt and GAB.

5. Would +120 armor to cloak and +240 armor (or 2% threat) to gloves be better than those current enchants?

Anything else? And please, rip me to pieces

First, sorry 4 me bad english.

1) Make a 2vs2 team with a friend and play 10 matches per week and save the arena points. Buy [item]Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall[/item] (1650 arena points) or save them for the Season 4 and buy [item]Vengeful Gladiator's Shield Wall[/item]. The shield is the more important piece for me.

2) yes, [item]Girdle of the Fearless[/item] is a good choice.

3) totally agree. take the t4 head but dont forget to loot [item]Warbringer Handguards[/item] >> [item]Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden[/item].

4) I fall in love with [item]Commendation of Kael'thas[/item]. Take it.

5) [item]Slikk's Cloak of Placation[/item] fits well with +120 armor, +2% threat in gloves (I prefer this because scales with gear).

The talents you have are the same that i use until ROS. then i respecced to have imp.shield wall and imp def stance.

The gems i think that are OK. In the beginning I goes for sta gems. When i reach 15K unbuffed i slowly change sta gems for avoidance gems in the new items that i loot.
    Last edited by Hryggðafræ; 04-22-2008 at 03:07 AM.
    my english (as my warrior) sucks.

I agree with hryg except that Maiden's is way better than t4 gloves in almost all aspects. I wouldn't touch t4 gloves with a stick except to make an avoidance set.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    I agree with hryg except that Maiden's is way better than t4 gloves in almost all aspects. I wouldn't touch t4 gloves with a stick except to make an avoidance set.
    What if it's your second piece of T4?
    Ardalan - Tank
    Guild: Momentum
    Server: Scarlet Crusade

I think the consensus is you should use shoulders and helm for the 2 piece bonus if you're wearing T4.

Completely off the subject.... Is this the same Canadianpimp that wrote the famous warlock gear guide?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterWolf View Post
    What if it's your second piece of T4?
    The 2 peice is underwhelming and not worth wearing the gloves imo.

You could also just go with the SSO exalted sheild, It will hold you over until you can get Kaz's heart, you give up a decent amount of stam/armor, for threat/avoidance.

I would take SSO rep shield over shatar rep one, more armor and hit rating is nice.

+ Reply to Thread