+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pre-raid Warrior w mostly blues looking for epics

Pre-raid Warrior w mostly blues looking for epics

Hey everyone,

I've been 70 for a couple of weeks and working on the blues listed in the Pre-Kara guides (great guides btw).

Briefly, my current hp=12.9k, armor 14.4k, defense 490, avoidance 30-35%. My armory link.

My guild isn't quite ready for Kara, as we have a severe shortage of casters and healers. But we do have quite a few 70s and hope to recruit more.

My question is: since I can't do Kara yet, what would be the best way to start farming for epics? Kara PUGs? Heroics? If heroics are the answer, does anyone have a link to a list of good tanking/warrior pieces from heroics, or a list of heroics I should try to farm for badges/loot?

-Gimchi

P.S. The chest piece in my armory is incorrect. I normally have on vindicator's hauberk from Aldor.

You do have a few options mostly in heroics

[item]Amber Bands of the Aggressor[/item] - Steamvault
    [item]Gauntlets of Dissension[/item] - Botanica
    [item]Lion's Heart Girdle[/item] - Hellfire Ramparts
    [item]Spaulders of Dementia[/item] - Sethekk Halls
    [item]Eaglecrest Warboots[/item] - Blood Furnace

[item]The Sun Eater[/item] - Mechanar

You would have to decide on your own whether your gear/skill is up to par to complete these heroics.
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

Do heroic mech till you are blue in the face or until Sun eater drops. If your avoidance can stand it I would go for S1 chest, huge EH upgrade. I tanked in S1 shoulders, chest, and shield for a very long time successfully. Farm mats for a khorium destroyer. As a balcksmith, you have access to red havoc boots if you can get your hands on the plans. Otherwise stick to the bread and butter heroics (mech, bot, ub, sp) whichever ones you find easiest and stock up badges for gear.

Yeah dude there are tons of options
    Helm of the Stalwart Defender
    Bracers of the Green Fortress
    Gauntlets of the Iron Tower
    Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer
    Red Havoc Boots
    these are all craftable and fairly easily attainable on most servers.

The Sun Eater is something you should aim for and the heroic badges from mech would be nice, just skip the fire chick.

If that is a problem pick up Grom'tor's Charge easily questable.

From PVP get Glad Shoulders, I wore mine til i got t5 on lootreaver. also if you can get on a team and go for Veng Chest. Sorry, but im gettting lazy linking, but the aldor chest and the glad chest are also nice options.

Hit up SteamVaults and get DevilShark Cape, scryer has nice gauntlets for defense rating, and Slabs has elementium band of sentry.

Then go to Heroic MGT and get Shard of Contempt and Commendation of Kael'thas

If you have done all of the above and your guild is still waiting to get into kara then follow these steps.

/gquit
    /2 well geared tank LFG have the gear for Magtheridon and beyond.

start working on BOJ gear, and find a guild raiding ZA and get yourself some fatter loots. The only items you will probably need from kara T4 Helm, Moroes Lucky Pocket Watch, Kings Defender for a while and your rep ring.

My Gear

Awesome tips guys, ya'll rock. Ill down Pantheleon (or whatever his name is) til I go blue in the face.

I've done heroic SV thus far and it was fine as long as I have CC to back me up, so as long as I'm not assuming so incorrectly, I hope to be okay with most of the other heroics (I hear heroic SH is a bitch tho, and MgT is obviously outta my league)

In response to Ychro's post, avoid guantlets of iron tower like the plague, biggest waste of gold around, felsteel gloves are better IMO and cost 10% as much. I love it when people just casually say get a team together for S3 chest...like it's that easy to make a team with that kind of rating..sure. The other gear are all good options, think it will be a whle before you can handle heroic MagT, that place is harder than kara IMO, or at least much less mistake forgiving.

S3 chest isnt hard to get, you dont need a special rating, but it will take time if you dont have a good one. Find some people who want some pts. Lose your 10 games and get some pts every week. I do agree though Felsteel are a good option also, but I was just thinking craftable epics.

I didn't find the tanking being gearwise very challenging in heroic MgT, the pressure is mostly on your CC and DPS to get the job done. Mobs don't hit that hard compared to BF for an example and those casters should be interrupted/silenced anyways.

But it sure is major pain in the butt when you have to rely on other people to do their job and pay attention to something else than damage meters.

Edit: Healers do need a damn good gear, I agree on that.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Even easier stuff to obtain to is felsteel set pieces and much cheaper.

If you did hit 490 on the defense, and have a decent amount of dodge/block running some heroics shouldn't be an issue if your healer is on point.

running the instances on normal will provide more than enough blue drops to get your gear pimped out for heroics and kara. I will suggest tho cause Timewarder leggins do not get replaced easily - GET 12 STAM GEMS.

They dont cost that much and should and up some extra hit points that will be needed. Slabs has Trinket off second boss which will help, and Shattered halls has Trinket for you as well which will help when you combine the two its a nice situation.

+ Reply to Thread