+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Eval

Need Eval

My guild has just recently started running Kara and i am always looking for ways to improve. ANY advice is welcome and appreciated. Hopefully the armory has updated my gear by the time anyone sees this, it was showing my dps gear when i first submitted this. The World of Warcraft Armory

Not much to say really tanking karazhan is fairly simple for most bosses and everything before curator is extremely easy (moroes may take abit of learning though)

Once you get to prince you will really need to be mostly epicced out with kara stuff in order to survive the windfury style attack he does where you will take a shit load of damage. I highly recommend the dodge trinket from moroes for that fight as it has a fairly short cooldown and will save your ass.

Never underestimate the power of your trinkets and cooldowns either I know so many warrior tanks starting out in karazhan who seem reluctant to use SW/LS etc and are put off by the long cooldowns. If things are going tits up pop your cooldowns and trinkets at every chance you have and it will make a lot of difference.

Try to maximise your block and gem everything with stamina once your past the 490 defence cap. This is so damn important though no matter how good you think an item is make sure that you are ALWAYS over 490 defence or you are risking some nasty crits that your healers just don't need.

A few things to bare in mind as a tank though. Never ever ever whine at your healers, maintain a good relationship with your healers and never complain. Try to find a good rotation to maximise threat and don't let new boss encounters phase you. Do your research for every boss so when you begin you know exactly what to do and when to do it, you will make everyones life easier especially if your the main tank

Good luck in there fella and have fun!

THANK YOU very much for the info and advice, I have tried doing what i can as far as learning these guys before we get there. Luckily, i have been off-tank for a bit learning that way =) Are there any improvements i need to make to my armor, stats, or talents though? this is my first toon to 70 and been kinda flyin blind for a bit until i found this site.

As with everything in the game there is allways something to upgrade
    But all in due time, only the spec I wouldnt go with though.
    When I started Kara I used this specc Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft seeing that I was doing normal and some heroics at that time I had the 2 points in improved taunt, then after awhile where I got better gear I could tune my talents to the one I have today.
    I guess you could do normal Durnholde for the ring that drops there [item]Iron Band of the Unbreakable[/item] which you can have 2 of also you got shadowlabs for [item]Adamantine Figurine[/item] which is a nice trinket
    NOTE: this is only what i farmed for when I was getting my gear up. Might be better ways then this. Just some tips
    Noraxe
    Magtheridon EU

No last stand? That's a problem. You don't need unbridled wrath, and as far as I know, Improved Shield Bash has no place in PvE.

+ Reply to Thread