+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T4 chest or badge chest or neither

T4 chest or badge chest or neither

my armory page

I currently wear the pally badge chest Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian - Items - World of Warcraft. Looks like my guild will take down Mag this weekend. Should I spend my dkp on the T4 chest Warbringer Chestguard - Items - World of Warcraft from the token he drops or save up badges for the new badge chest plate Chestplate of Stoicism - Items - World of Warcraft, or should I just save my dkp and badges for other upgrades?

By far the Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian - Items - World of Warcraft is an upgrade over the Warbringer Chestguard - Items - World of Warcraft. Having said that, the Chestplate of Stoicism - Items - World of Warcraft is an item that is tier 6 equivalent and should be used over any of the other two previously mentioned. The effective health, once Chestplate of Stoicism - Items - World of Warcraft has been properly gemmed and enchanted, will be greater than the other two chestpieces. In addition, the mitigation provided from Chestplate of Stoicism - Items - World of Warcraft will serve you well in the long run allowing you to gear for stamina on other items of tanking gear for those types of encounters when stamina will play a large concern on your survivability.
    Last edited by Jonnz; 04-17-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnz View Post
    By far the [url=http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33522] The effective health, once Chestplate of Stoicism - Items - World of Warcraft has been properly gemmed and enchanted, will be greater than the other two chestpieces.
    Please elaborate...because I'm guessing you don't mean a red dodge gem.

Do you mean 4agi + 6stam (5agi 7stam when you can get it) to get the bonus?
    or do you mean 12stam (15stam when you can get it)?
    or do you mean something completely different I'm not considering?

and +150 health for enchant...right?

...or do you mean something else?

I've seen a lot of discussions regarding proper gemming of gear and never have I seen anything remotely like a consensus. Gets a bit depressing on what to do after a while.

There are stam stacking EH people and avoidance/gem socket bonus people. Most are probably in the stam stacking EH camp. Which one are you? Personally, I like chasing socket bonuses especially if they are for stam. So I'll probably do +5agil/7stam instead of 15 stam once my badge vendor opens up. I think the dual stat and non-stam single stat epic gems have too few points compared to a 15 stam gem but I guess its a nice problem to have (given that the 15 stam might be too high!).

Quote Originally Posted by jlafleur View Post
    There are stam stacking EH people and avoidance/gem socket bonus people. Most are probably in the stam stacking EH camp. Which one are you? Personally, I like chasing socket bonuses especially if they are for stam. So I'll probably do +5agil/7stam instead of 15 stam once my badge vendor opens up. I think the dual stat and non-stam single stat epic gems have too few points compared to a 15 stam gem but I guess its a nice problem to have (given that the 15 stam might be too high!).
    Yeah I've noticed that division as well. Jonnz seems to have a specific gemming/enchanting in mind. I was hoping for a listing as well as a why and go from there as I'll get this chest as soon as my lazy ass server unlocks the crap (the woes of being on a PvP server) and I want to see what people think for a gem in that piece. Currently I tend to chase bonuses, however I'm getting close to just stacking stam, my biggest problem is for my gear level I consider my stam to be average to slightly above average but my avoidance is very low atm. My mitigation for the most part makes up for that lack of avoidance but with this new gear I don't want my avoidance to go any lower. Once I can finally get this badge gear I need to put it on to see exactly where all my stats are going to shake out. Then I'll do the math on exactly what I'll be losing by stacking straight stam and go from there.
    Last edited by tPaste; 04-18-2008 at 09:51 AM.

Im still using the chest from nightbane and it does the job nicely but the new chest should be an improvement from your current one I would not advise going for the T4 one unless you keep it for a seperate set such as a high avoidance or high TPS set like I have done. The agility etc on the T4 is a nice TPS booster so I would consider keeping it for a seperate set and getting the new badge chest for the extra stamina

If you have Panza or T4 i seriously wouldn't waste 100 badges on it. I'm happy with my blend of stam/avoidance atm with the T4 chest. If i get the T5 or the Warlord finally drops for me in ZA then cool, but i'm not blowing 100 badges on this slight upgrade, sacrificing my agi/str and sbv stats for more stam.

Depends a lot on your dkp-state and badges-state as well as what you feel you are lacking: avoidance, threat or EH - answer that and there's you answer - sorry not to be of more help.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Thanks all for the advice. My armory is my EH/threat set, but I do have an avoidance set as well. I rarely use it though, only on Prince fights so far. We are just starting to one-shot Gruul on a regular basis. So I use the EH/threat set for all 25 man bosses right now.

I'm gonna hang on to my dkp and hope for gruul's shield or lurker's mace. My next badge purchase will be the new belt since it's the biggest upgrade with a badge purchase.

Looking for heroic badge run!

+ Reply to Thread