+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Full Badge Loot + some Kara --> How Far?

Full Badge Loot + some Kara --> How Far?

Hey guys,

because noone does gruul/maggi on our server and it's somewhat tough to get into an SSC/TK raid, I just equipped myself with all the new shiny badge loot and finally found a guild which took me into TK, with SSC coming up next weekend. While looking at the other tanks in the raid, I realized that I was the 2nd best equipped tank. I have done a lot of reading on this page since I hit 65 for gearing up for Kara etc, but now I finally made an account to get an outside oppinion from you guys: How far can this gearset take me? Which raids bosses are possible, which aren't?
    Armory
    I'm currently leveling Blacksmithing to craft [item]Red Havoc Boots[/item], and getting the last few badges for the new tanking ring.
    And I'm still waiting for the pocket watch and maiden's neck for avoidance...
    Thanks in advance for any comments

Edit:
    For threat, I have KD with Executioner, and I switch Neck/Rings/Trinkets to DPS stuff. Tanked Void Reaver like 75% of the time, cuz I always caught up to the other tanks without them even being knocked back :O Was funny to heave them scream for MD all the time
    Last edited by Morgo; 04-16-2008 at 09:31 PM.

In all honesty you could easily off-tank the T6 instances. Biggest issues gear-wise are weapon, shield and boots. (since you say you're on track to pick up the badge ring.)

The exalted thrallmar axe is suprisingly strong threat choice for an orc due to expertise. Other than that you're looking at mallet really.

Red Havoc Boots are a great option. The boots from the bear boss in ZA are a direct upgrade and don't require blacksmithing.

Shields are hard. There's Shattered Sun Exalted and Gruuls before T6 unless you want to get a pvp shield. (a great choice for effective health)

Like I said though in your current gear you should have no trouble staying alive in the T6 instances as an offtank. For T5 you're made in the shade. You have far better gear than I did when I started T5.

thanks for the comment, feels good that I didn't totally overrate myself

yeah, I used to have the axe for quite some time, but as soon as I slap on my full Threat set, I'm sitting at 28 expertise, so I opted for using KD for more +hit.

For boots and weapon, I will probably start my own ZA Raid soon, so I hope to pick up the Jungle Stompers and the %$#^@ great tanking axe from Zul'jin.

Shield..... looks like ZA again, I guess. since Gruul's dead and I don't have the money to respec for PVP all the time.

+ Reply to Thread