+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New MT looking for suggestions

New MT looking for suggestions

Hey guys; how y'all doing?

Anywho - been reading up on this site the past couple of days since I've been recently selected to head up my guilds saturday Kara group as the MT. I've been working for about - a week or two now trying to get a tanking set together, and so far; this is what I got;

The World of Warcraft Armory

I understand right off the bat that I need a faster weapon - so I'm currently in the process of getting Grom'Tor's Charge (Quest reward axe) to replace Latro's.

I've also realized I need better shoulders - but Murmur hasn't been kind to me at all for the past 20/21 runs. :/

Chest is another thing I know I need to get better and I have a friend making me the Helm of the Stalwart Defender.

I do have gear from Kara, but that was when I got dragged along by one of the top guilds on our server because they were badge farming Kara and needed to fill a raid spot - I got lucky.

Anywho - with the gear I have and some basic understanding of how the fights work and how to MT properly, am I ready to MT Kara?

Thanks
    -Callaghan

Congratulations, you have found a slow sword with bad dps!! lol j/k If you have the rep get innuoro's blade from SSO, lots of good tanking stats on it. Go do BG's for a S1 chest till nightbane drops his for you. S1 shield would be a massive upgrade. S1 shoulders are better than bold IMO. The boots will pass but I would regem them for lots of stam. Honestly you look like your gear could handle lower kara but I think Prince and Nightbane would give you and your healers fits for a while. Shoot for about 14-15k hp and armor to feel a little more solid in there.

One thing I'd like to point out, before any gear comes into play...

Respect your fellow tanks in your raid and dont let the title 'main tank' go to your head. Share the task. The stronger the tanking squad is, the further and easier you'll find the road ahead
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

Biggest issue I see in your gear is that you're horribly low on avoidance, 12,9% dodge is quite bad. Pre-raid gear should get your easily to 15-17% range. I might even consider replacing S1 helm with Felsteel to get that avoidance up.

Recommending 14k-15k hp unbuffed for Karazhan is not reasonable, that's what you can expect -after- you've dressed yourself fully in Karazhan + (pre-2.4) badge gear.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Alright - well, the boots I am wearing are not my tanking boots - I actually have the Boots of Elusion (Boots of Elusion - Items - World of Warcraft). I think I was wearing the ones on the armory because I was soloing and wanted some extra damage, or w/e.

Going to look into that Felsteel Helm, since it's easier to acquire, and I burnt myself out on PvP when I was originally trying to get the s1 wep.

If I replace with the chest with Jadeskull and the shoulders with Bold - that would make my overall setup better, correct?

I'll look into the Vind's Hauberk as an alternative - not a big fan of the whole rep grinding thing but I realize it's something I'm going to have to do.

As for those goggles, I've seen -everyone- with a version of them. How long do they last ya for?

You can easily use the engineering goggles through T5 content, and probably for a while after.

+ Reply to Thread