Thread: Hydross Woes

Hydross Woes

are guild is having problem on hydross , are second time on him last night and the adds are one shoting are healers .

tactics we are using is me and another MT res tanks etc , one other Warrior + druid are picking up the adds alog with the free res tank , but we have trouble picking them up fast enough any ideas ?

i heard you can banish them so should we try this way

Two ways:
    1. Get a pally tank. They shine here.

2. There should be two call outs on vent. One to stop dots (dps AND healers) 10 seconds or so before the cross over and a second 2-3 seconds before to stop all dps. The add tanks should see where the Hydross tank is crossing him over so they can TClap the moment the adds grab a target. If a healer is targeted (they should know they are), fade as a priest, druids should shift out of tree form, and pallys should run to an add tank after they're engaged in melee. Make sure all dps/healers, especially locks and resto druids, are crossing the flag line while the tank is. One tick of a dot/hot at the wrong moment can cause Hydross to cross the line and spawn another 4 adds. The hydross tanks should be kept as close to topped off as possible right before the transition and the tank should pop a healing pot to avoid the need for heals during the transition. You CAN banish the adds, however if you're using 3 add tanks it much better to AoE them down as a pack along with Hydross. If you single target them down you run the risk of passing his enrage timer.

I wouldn't banish the adds as you want to AoE them down as soon as possible. Just make sure that your healers (and dps) don't take earlier agro. For you healers this means that they wait a second or two before healing to allow your tanks to pick up the adds. You should have three tanks available for this (the two add tanks and whoever isn't tanking Hydross at that point).

the tact we use when tanking this boss is to have a druid and warrior tanking the adds, TC as soon as the nearest to your healers add spawns and then dev the further away one. It helps to have a mage frost nova. Its 4 mobs tanked between 2 tanks it shouldn't be a problem, you just need to be quick.
    Nom Nom NOM =D

They way we have been doing this is that we assign one OT to left and one OT to right. They shouldn't have a problem picking up two adds each, but if one gets loose it should immediately be picked up by the warrior that is not tanking at the time. Intervene is a godsend here.

Also make sure your raid knows that the adds are stunable/fearable etc etc. A frost trap on the nature side helps out a lot aswell.

I think Hydross is one of those fights that changes over time. It is not so much and gear check as it is a chaos check. Can you juggle the timers, boss movement, aggro issues, and adds and still get the job done. The first few times you do the fight, I do suggest two quick banishes on the adds. Why? Because likely your DPS is Kara/Gruul level and thus not strong enough to rip through the adds any faster than the banish timer anyway. Two fewer adds means that much less chaos all at once. Now, as time progresses and you get better geared (and more familiar with the fight!) just group the adds on top of Hydross, wait a split second make certain the tank has a good hold of him, and then just AoE the entire mess. No banishes needed.

The other thing I might add here is this is one fight -- because of the chaos level -- that Vent can do more harm than good. Everyone but the raid leader (giving stops to DoTs and DPS) and the tanks just needs to observe radio silence...

Quote Originally Posted by Twirl View Post
    The other thing I might add here is this is one fight -- because of the chaos level -- that Vent can do more harm than good. Everyone but the raid leader (giving stops to DoTs and DPS) and the tanks just needs to observe radio silence...
    from personal experience this will make a HUGE difference in how things run. our first few attempts we had 15 different people calling out different things and it didnt go well. once we shut everyone but the tanks up it went much smoother.

We've had much success with hydross using the following:
    2X Prot Warriors ( Frost and Nature)
    1X Pally in mixed gear - AOE the adds
    1X Druid in mixed gear who supports the pally

Only 3 people are on Vent: (1) MT who calls out the raid to move between Mark 4 and Mark 5 on the Frost phase; (2) OT who calls the raid to move between Mark 4 and Mark 5 of Nature phase; and (3) Raid Leader who calls out when to AOE the adds (once he feels the adds are controlled by the pally and druid).

During the switch we move the entire raid to their set positions across the frost/nature demarcations to ensure if by a rare chance someone pulls aggro during switching phases Hydross doesnt swicth back thus resulting in even more adds.

The adds are all gathered up near Hydross by the Prot Pally and Druid and Aoe'd there so Hydross is taking damage. Prot pally's abilities are great for the adds here, though any of the tanks can handle them. I regularly also intervene any spillage of adds and drag them back to the AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Madoxx View Post
    are guild is having problem on hydross , are second time on him last night and the adds are one shoting are healers .

tactics we are using is me and another MT res tanks etc , one other Warrior + druid are picking up the adds alog with the free res tank , but we have trouble picking them up fast enough any ideas ?

i heard you can banish them so should we try this way
    We typically run this with 4 tanks, either 4 warriors or 3 warriors and a druid...we have good success with assigning one add to each of the tanks not tanking hyrdoss and leaving one add for any one of the three to get. It works pretty well.