+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not sure what to do

Not sure what to do

I'm not sure what I should go for next, my SBV is terrible that much I know but I am not sure what to get next. im trying to get the jungle stompers from ZA, but aside from that i just have no clue to to do, ive got 75 badges and my server fails at having the new badge vendor... any suggestions i really need to get more SBV at least thats what i think. im still pretty new to tanking

The World of Warcraft Armory

well firstly the GAB or Unwavering Legguards - Items - World of Warcraft are a good start if your new badge vendor isn't up yet. I would get the legs first and the GAB second. Why do you want my SBV and what is it? Are you having trouble building threat or just want to mitigate more damage though blocks?

You may also want to consider getting Crimson Girdle of the Indomitable - Items - World of Warcraft from moroes in karazhan

Aughban
    Last edited by Aughban; 04-12-2008 at 06:46 PM.
    Nom Nom NOM =D

i want SBV for threat and the fact that my block is only 330 atm i feel it is my lowest stat, im running ZA/kara every week for the obvious loots...

i guess my question is, are Unwavering Legguards - Items - World of Warcraft worth getting when the new badge vendor will be out in 2 days or so

also is GAB worth it? every spreadsheet ive seen suggests its not nearly as good as what i have .... rocket launcher/lunacy/moroes' pocketwatch

also am i just focusing on something that isn't really that important?
    Last edited by Dreg; 04-12-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Okay, well if you want more sbv your not going to be getting the new legs from badges (2.4 one) yet because its an avoidance piece, you'll want to get the belt for avoidance because its a definate upgrade on your one now. As for trinkets, your going to using different ones for differnet fights. yes stamina trinkets are great but if your worried about threat generation due to low sbv then you should be getting the GAB for fights where you really need to push up the sbv for high tps

Your gear/trinkets can change between boss' you shouldn't be D.Eing or selling pieces because they are useful for seperate sets of gear. Imo i would get the legs because they will give u a nice SBV increase.
    Nom Nom NOM =D

im not having threat issues, but it never hurts to have more threat gen

well then an alternate option could be to get an executioner enchant, this will make your block value more effective.
    Nom Nom NOM =D

330 SBV is a bit low, but between there being only a few SBV pieces in t4 and there being a few more in T5 you shouldnt really worry about it. If you are in need of some threat, look no further than Heroic MgT and the [item]Shard of Contempt[/item]. A great tanking piece for threat and removing some parry haste off the table.

Like someone said, take a good threat weapon like the Mallet and drop executioner on it. Your threat will go up. Also, remember the easiest way to make your TPS rise is stacking the tank group with support classes that will help. Draenei PLD/Hunter, Druid, Shaman all will increase your personal TPS a good chunk. That and having a diligent offtank who keeps Battle Shout up for you.

Don't waste your badges on GAB for now. Get the Chest/Legs, either the ones we have now or the 2.4 ones. Get Shard from Heroic MgT for threat.
    Ardalan - Tank
    Guild: Momentum
    Server: Scarlet Crusade

+ Reply to Thread