+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spec Help

Spec Help

Went dps spec to do bg for the weekend and been thinking about changing my old spec that i had when i was prot. Just would like people opinions on what i should get. I mostly want to get commanding presence in the fury tree for the extra health.
    Also I try to run some normals (heroics here and there) and kara on the weekends...should I get imp revenge or just skip it? I see some people skipped it and some people that got it.

One spec I was looking at:
    WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Warrior -> Talent Calculator

It's really hard to be wrong in a tanking spec with 41 in defense (unless you somehow did 41 without getting Devastate lol)
    That said your spec has some interesting decisions.
    You took Imp Blood Rage which says that you want to make sure you have enough Rage for your opener and as a rage filler for rage starved fights.
    But you also missed 2 of the most important (imo) rage saving talents.
    Improved Sunder Armor and Focused Rage.
    Taking command presence is an interesting choice. It seems to say that you are worried about your hp. But gemming for STA/EH is the best way to increase your hp. Not wasting talent points.
    I guess the best way to answer your question though is what are you striving for?
    Are you after a standard MT tank and survive no worries about threat? (8/5/48)
    Or are you after a threat based tanking let my dps go nuts build? (12/5/44)
    Or are you after the I don't trust fury warriors enough to demoralize for me? (11/7/43)

Well i was Ot for kara mostly intill this week when out Mt for our kara group and his wife left the guild. So at that point I wanted to be able to help build up my threat so if take loses aggro it goes to me and where in first 2-3 secs everyone past me on threat.
    Right now the spec I am trying is
    WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Warrior -> Talent Calculator

And seems to work fine. But what the spec I was looking for was to get commanding presence for extra health since im still getting gear, help build my aggro up better/or not be rage hungry for fights like moroes, and the skeletons that freeze the mt.
    And for the last spec you said for demo. Im mostly the only war in the raid...mostly have druid tanking but right now its pal and me taking the beatings.

Can't really recommend spending more than 5 points in fury tree if you're full-time tank. You also missed "Focused Rage" which I consider to be an essential talent for any tank, especially in fights where you don't have loads of rage.

I've been using 8/0/53 build since I hit 70 and been happy with it ever since. Granted Imp. Shield Bash and Imp. Taunt are not useful against raid bosses but I've become to appreciate them on trash pulls (silence helps to position casters better) and I don't consider losing +5% crit that big deal. But if you feel like you struggle with threat and need every little bit that you can get, go for it.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Yea, after my respec I kinda wish I got the Focused Rage. But as of now with Paendragon (mt for our kara group...we run 3-4) leaving the guild I had to fill the role of Mt. So my rage isnt as much as a issue now since im tanking the mob and not trying to 2 be second on the list. Mostly I dont tank instance/heroics. Most of the fights i got decent rage and tank everything. Had out Ot get upset he lost on a trinket to a dmg dealer when it was for him and not for Ot and left the raid and I had to tank everything up to prince.
    But I had thought about respecing to get focus rage. But will see how it goes without seems fine but thanks for the info

I gotta say, I don't miss Piercing Howl and Commanding Presence. Back when I was 5/16/40 and Devastate was pretty awful due to my gear and the way it worked, I could swing it fine. Now though, everyone always wants you to get X talent and Y talent. Sometimes they're right because they're essentials.

Here's an incomplete build:
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    8 unplaced points

Basically, you can put the last 8 wherever you want. I personally really like Imp. Bloodrage and to be honest it allows for different opening combinations. If you need to bridge the gap to 490 defense, finish Anticipation. If you need to Taunt more fill that out (it's not extremely useful in Karazhan...is anything tauntable there? lol). One way you could go is to throw 3 into Imp. Thunderclap, which could help your healers keep you up in Prince/Nightbane. Given the amount of magical damage in Karazhan, you wouldn't be hurting yourself or your healers by getting Improved Defensive Stance.

If you go that route you get: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

This spec will probably be the best for you. Eventually you're going to want to move points into Improved Heroic but that's probably a far way down the road for you.
    My Armory (May be in PvP Gear)

Thanks Marn
    Actually I was thinking about respecing and getting rid of piercing howl and put 3/3 in focused rage to help with aggro. I have use piercing howl but probably waste of a talent. I got the 490 defense gapped close...I think im at 505-506. And your right about the taunt thing in kara which is why I didn't get imp taunt along with imp revenge which I had before. But thanks and ill look into respecing the lil guide you have up.

+ Reply to Thread