+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clique and Tanking

Clique and Tanking

Couldn't see any previous posts concerning clique and I just listened to the podcast:

In an effort to improve my two mob tanking - which I find far different and more effective than multimob due to having a focus raid frame - I turned on Clique which I have installed for my priest. This is like using a mouseover devastate/sunder macro but with a bit more finesse.

Clique allows you to cast spells/abilities on a raid frame using your mouse buttons. I have found it very effective for my focus frame, I have a simple left click taunt, right click to shield bash, middle mouse to devastate spam. If I do need a quick interrupt or I do lose aggro I dont have to tab/click and hope it goes to the correct target. I also dont lose my current target.

I have even bound shift left to Concussive and shift right to shield slam.

Now I just need to wish upon a mod that gives me a raid target for each raid icon so I can click to devastate them in rotation without having to use tab.

Anyone else found any good uses for Clique? I could imagine an intervene click on raid frames perhaps?

Im a huge clique fan for healing. I consider it almost a necessity. But this just seems too awkward an idea. In tanking, you are usually concerned with physical locations and directions, not target IDs. In theory i spose you could hold exactly two mobs by using the target frame and the focus frame and clique'ing away at both of them with threat abilities and it might be slightly more efficient than tabbing. But what happens when something goes wrong and one breaks. Are you never going to get confused about which frame was which? or do you just give up and revert to normal targeting. tabbing also gives you a chance to see how omen rates your threat on each target. (i havent tried the new overview mode in omen to see if this makes that any easier.)

Being able to target by icon would be awesome, but this is obviously forbidden.

I dont clique between the frames, I use keybinds on my normal target and clique on my focus frame. It is obvious when I lose aggro because I have targetstarget frame up which changes away from me.

If I had a list of frames up, I'd also have their targets beside them, so I could just left click on the one that isn't targetting me and it'd taunt it back to me. </dream>

yeah, i realized after thats what you probably meant... keybinding one and interspersing clique hits on the other.

it just seems like its taking the focus away from the game field, the world of directions and distances, and into the realm of target frames, where the healers usually live. it might be useful to do something like that in clusterf**k situations where you have say 6 mobs all in a pile, 2 of which are yours. like in MH if you could assign all the tank targets and get the tanks to target/focus 2 mobs each and happilly max out their threat on 2 targets quickly and efficiently.

having arbitrary target and target-target frames for each mob would be the holy grail, the tanking equivalent of the old healer 'emergency frames' that got removed from the game for the same reason we'll never see such a thing for tanks.

+ Reply to Thread