+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mongoose vs Executioner

Mongoose vs Executioner

First off, I would like to thank everyone here for the great guides and comments.

I just hit 70 yesterday, I lveled from 50 - 70 as prot with a group of friends (GF leveled a holy priest). While leveling, I picked up blacksmithing and engineering to be able to min-max my character as much as I could. I based my pre-Kara gear on Polar's Easy Pre-Karazhan Tank Gear List.

Here's my armory link:
    Persipnei - Armory

As you can see, I made a [item]fireguard[/item], but I'm not sure what would be the best enchant to put on it with my current stats. Executioner or Mongoose?

Also for those interested, the next upgrades on my list are:

[item]Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard[/item]
    [item]Andormu's tear[/item]
    [item]Gyro-balanced Khorium Destroyer[/item]

Well, I guess I'd recommend Mongoose for you right now seeing as your tanking gear is a work in progress. Mongoose gives you a lot of Dodge and Crit when it procs, so it's probably a better overall enchant for a beginning tank.

Currently I put Mongoose on my tanking weapons (relegated to boss fights) and Executioner on my trash and dungeon grinding weapons.

in theory... if you menage to get the tier 3 of bs weapons, they are quite great threat weapon and deserve Executioner.
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

Re

I do remember reading on EJ that some one had done the math comparing the two. The result was that for Executioner produced better threat than Mongoose. Mongoose obviously had better avoidance.

+ Reply to Thread