Thread: Talent Management for Brutallus

Talent Management for Brutallus

For as far as warriors go, what are you guys using for Brutallus spec-wise. Do you have a DPS warrior come with 5/5 Improved Demo, 3/3 Improved Thunderclap (if you do not include them in your tanking spec.) What about 3/3 Improved Defensive Stance for reduced damage on the Meteor Slash?

An additional question that I have is that, well, I kind of remember reading somewhere that you never need more than 2/5 Improved Demo, now I cannot remember where I saw this, or if there was any reasoning behind it. If anyone knows any truthful information it would be great- since I do not normally put any points into Improved Demo in the first place.

Anyway, the question is that if you seriously only need 2/5 into Imp Demo, is this all that is needed for Brutallus as well? I want to know any and every way that we can reduce our incoming damage.

we did it a tad different then most. Had a third tank spec ms just to get blood frenzy, then spec imp demo and then shouts, and finaly toughness. Basicly this tank was demo/thunderclap/commanding/intervene bitch. Intervene as stomp goes off to lighten the load. Our ms warrior found his dps was just shit due to the high armor that brut has, hence the BF. Anyway, IMO Someone has to have thunderclap and full demo.

A warrior have to spec 5/5 in Improved Demo because you want Curse of Recklessness on the boss aswell, and this is the only way to negate the +AP bonus of the curse.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

After two nights of attempts we almost have him, our best attempt was 10% and we were ahead of the enrage timer. I'm speced into 5/5 Improved Demo, 3/3 Improved Thunderclap, and we're only using two tanks. Myself and Bear, so we just heal through the stomps, on top of us using cool downs to help. It honestly is not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be at all.

Has any other Warriors found that stacking avoidance over EH is better on this fight? When I first started I was using full EH gear, but was getting gibbed at the same time almost like clockwork. So I dropped to having only 22k HP fully buffed over 23K, but gained 7% dodge and it has seemed to do a world of wonder for us.
    Last edited by Zph; 04-08-2008 at 06:42 AM.

The way I see it, you'll need >21k hp to survive a 6k Stomp/11k Mainhand/5.5k Offhand combination while Inspiration is down. Those numbers may change if you're sitting at more/less armor than I am (~23k with ironshield/devotion). Once you hit that mark, stack defensive item values more than anything. If your avoidance gear is more efficient itemization, go with that. 7% dodge = ~133 dodge rating. 1k HP buffed = ~85 stamina = ~57 "rating" points. So in my opinion you made the right call, just by going to generally higher item level gear, or gear with more itemization invested in defensive stats (be it health or avoidance).

-Splug