Thread: 15k Maiden non-crush, non-crit...?

15k Maiden non-crush, non-crit...?

Explain this, please.

(Sorry I didn't get an in-depth shot of the combat log, but it was on our druid MT, and GrimReaper shows combat log events with nifty life-bar graphics...)

No one in the raid had a clue how the near full T4-gear'd druid (my equivalent in tankage) could get nearly one-shot'd by one of the simplest of bosses in Karazhan.

Edit: I didn't realize how small photobucket would resize the ss to...

The combat log reads:

21:45:31.502 +1588
    21:45:32.247 +2407
    21:45:33.139 -350
    21:45:33.364 +678
    21:45:35.182 -291
    21:45:35.906 -15,428
    21:45:35.147 -292

It continues, but he died there. The rest is the heals he received post-postmortem.

Edit Again: Better yet...

Last edited by Radhja; 04-06-2008 at 02:00 PM.

That's just one bounce from the holy wrath on too many people. Staying clumped up = BAD
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

Almost as mysterious as a one-shot I got from Prince at the start of phase 2 that didn't appear in my Combat Log. I had about 17k+ health buffed that time, too... =S
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristessa View Post
    Almost as mysterious as a one-shot I got from Prince at the start of phase 2 that didn't appear in my Combat Log. I had about 17k+ health buffed that time, too... =S
    That's not really a bug as much as a faulty game mechanic. During the transition from phase 1 to phase 2 he doesn't have a target for the few seconds he summons the axes in. During that time anyone can be enfeebled, including the tank. The simplest solution is to have dps stop for 5 seconds if you are about to go into phase two when he is about to cast enfeeble.
    King of Cheese, Pope of Lemons, Warlord of Pancakes, Sultan of Omelletes, Czar of Zuchini, Kaiser of Pretzels, Archduke of Apples, Duke of Pimento-loaf, Prime-Minister of Meats, Count of Tomato, The Regent of Danish, Chieftan of Chutney, and Lord of the Dance.

and if you actually mouse over the grim reaper entry it'll tell you exactly what he died from

Actually this is a known bug to my guild.....

ONLY occurs when you have TOO much melee DPS in the consecrate area with you.

the max is 4 players in the consecrate.

shamefully I can say that now we have no trouble with this boss, but we have had our OT stand out and just shoot.......

our pally OT slaps on some healin gear and helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Tristessa View Post
    That could be the Enfeeble bug. You being the tank can't be afflicted by enfeeble... but sometimes it happens and oneshot you.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

I don't have the screen anymore, but I have a combat log of prince during phase 2 getting a string of flurry procs that did over 17k in less than 2 seconds.

Too shame you lost the screen. It could have been a good example of how parry-gib works out there.
    I recall Fame had a video where he pulls Archimonde, get his first three attacks parried, then got bursted and killed by a triple-hit-combo for more than 22k.

Co-Co-co-comboscore!

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Too shame you lost the screen. It could have been a good example of how parry-gib works out there.
    I recall Fame had a video where he pulls Archimonde, get his first three attacks parried, then got bursted and killed by a triple-hit-combo for more than 22k.

Co-Co-co-comboscore!

oh man he just didn't stand a chance...
    Nom Nom NOM =D

lol, had to be Fame.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

This parry thing was happening to our MT in Kara on Prince. It seemed like EVERY time Prince got down to 30%-40% he would just 1 shot (well "technically" like 3 shot) the tank.

It got to the point where the only way we could down him was for our MT to blow his CD's around 40% or so to get him into phase 3.

In the early days when I was in mostly blues I would get insta-gibbed by prince. 2 hits and 2 crushes, then a parry and I was gone.