+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Broadcast

First Broadcast

Direct Download For This Podcast

TankSpot: Ciderhelm Episode #1
    Thanks to Veneretio of TankingTips.com for giving me the idea to push this. I have no intention of putting up a transcript for the entirety of this due to the length. Here's the bullet point:
    • Introduction
    • Brief personal background
    • Warcraft background
    • Goal of TankSpot
      >Help players with basic needs
      >Also provide discussion for knowledgeable players (Satrina)
    • Format for podcast will be "Ask Me Anything"
    • Regimented
      >Monday = Tanking
      >Wednesday = Guild Relations, Guild Leadership
      >Friday = Whatever I want
    • Outline of fund raising for site
    • Traffic
    Please note that I have no idea how much bandwidth this is going to suck out of us. It may come to a point where old episodes are privately archived or where I don't post 3 times a week. Enjoy!

References
    Veneretio's TankingTips
    Guild Roundtable
    How To Get Accepted Into Any Guild
    TankSpot Gear
    Go To Hell, GameGoods

Ask Me Anything -- What Are Your Questions?
    Got a question or discussion subject? Post here or send me a private message through our forums!
    Last edited by Ciderhelm; 04-14-2008 at 09:15 AM.

Fantastic ! So glad to see this happening. Nice first episode. Looking forward to all the rest.
    The Raid - A feature length documentary following the lives of a group of virtual raiders.

Fully buffered, clicked play and nothing happened, just changed to pause icon, tried refreshing and restarting browser multiple times but nothing changed, would love to hear it

Downloaded and listened to it at work. Keep up the grand work.

Sounds great. Look forward to hearing some more. I've learned so much from this site, it's great to see it evolve so much.
    "They can be a great people Tyrale they wish to be, they only lack the light to show them the way." - Adal

Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich View Post
    Fully buffered, clicked play and nothing happened, just changed to pause icon, tried refreshing and restarting browser multiple times but nothing changed, would love to hear it
    Try closing all your browsers, then re-opening it and playing it. That's been a recent issue with me.

Patrick,

I too am a soldier, it just took me a while longer for the wear and tear to hit me =p Army Infantry rather than Marine Corps. The Good Lord decided it was not for you, but you did more than most, you volunteered.

Your insight here on these forums wether it be guild managment, past experience in guild leadership and other parts of this game have given me the resolve and foreknowledge into continuing to lead my own guild.

you once said something to the effect of as a MT, if you havnt blown all your cooldowns possible, the wipe is your fault. I know it is paraphrasing and in certain situations it isnt true, but what it does is really drive home how raid success rests on the shoulders of the MT. and the MT ultimatly makes or breaks the raid.

I didnt really find you guys till after BC came out and I had returned home from Afghanistan. Pre deployment i was one of the nub tanks who had no clue about how class and game mechanics worked. The insights here, at Tank Hard, and Tanking Tips has opened up a world unknown to me and thus being a Prot warrior stopped becoming a chore, and started becoming my favorite thing to do just with the knowledge of how to put it all together.

thanks again and keep it up!

P.S. I may come be a schlum in the TankSpot guild. I have never really given the alliance a shot... it jsut feels really dirty =p

Nice new podcast. Keep up the great work, I look forward to listening to more.

Your problem with the armory, Is it firefox that you are using because i have found it ALWYS crashes for me.

Enjoyed listening to this, looking forward to some more

Oh, wonderful the sigs are workign again

sig is a work in progress, will have it ready in an hourish

Cider... you sound so strange, LOL. I'll never get over it. Great podcast!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

TBH the voice didnt surprise me. I've met enough people thru guilds/raids on vent that I don't tend to expect things anymore. Though, when a male character is actually a female voice, that's surprising.

Great podcast, Cider. I'm sure I'll be listening in everytime.

No questions to ask ya at the moment but i'll try to think of something. Your contributions thus far have answered many of them already =).

Not at all what I expected to hear!

Excellent, looking forward to more.

BTW, this is good stuff to farm to, kek
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Great post Cider, I cant imagine you yelling at anyone in vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Excellent, looking forward to more.

BTW, this is good stuff to farm to, kek

Exactly what I did!

I can't believe you mentioned TankSpot t-shirts and mugs and all that fun. I was actually sitting there thinking around a month ago how nice a tankspot shirt would be. I could see it being a conversation starter.

Good podcast!

There's a voice I haven't heard in a while. That is all.

Quality on this has been increased and we're hosting this off-site until our Libsyn service comes up.

+ Reply to Thread