+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleaver of the Unforgiving vs TSE

Cleaver of the Unforgiving vs TSE

I posted this on the Warrior Class forums, no responses. So I thought I'd try here. I have been an avid reader of tankspot since this guy dinged 70 (around 10 weeks ago). This is my 1st post. ^_^

Just downed Zul'Jin for the 1st time on this toon last night. I picked up Cleaver of the Unforgiving. Looking for some opinions.

[item]Cleaver of the Unforgiving[/item]- [Mongoose]
    [item]The Sun Eater[/item]- [Mongoose or Executioner (deciding which enchant)] Gemmed +12STA (contemplating +8HIT)

Benefits/Loss in switching from TSE to CotU

+21STA (+12 of that is from the gem)
    +20 Parry
    +12 Hit (this will be +20 Hit if I re-gem)
    +15DPS

-19 Dodge
    -5 Expertise (Human Racial for Swords) [this isn't rating, it's 5 Expertise points]
    -13 DEF

Same weapon SPEED [1.6]

As far as avoidance go, TSE is the clear winner.
    TPS-wise, I'm really not sure. It seems like CotU would be superior, but the 5 expertise, well.. is a LOT of expertise. +12hit doesn't even dent the effectiveness of that expertise.

Obviously CotU is superior in Stamina. However, I'm debating whether to put +8hit in it, thereby making it into a threat/trash weapon. Maybe I should enchant it with Executioner? How does executioner vs mongoose debate stand in terms of threat gen?

Any opinions as to which I should use for what scenarios?

Perhaps if there are no personal opinions, hook me up with the conversions for:
    +hit -> TPS
    +parry -> TPS
    +expertise -> TPS
    DPS (weapon) -> TPS

Expertise Rating -> Expertise

I wasn't sure whether to put this in Gear Rankings or Armory Ratings/Suggestions. Feel free to move it if it is posted in the wrong section.

Armory: Hollowskin (70 Protection Warrior)
    Armory: Bauwls (70 Enhancement Shaman)
    Last edited by Hollowskin; 03-31-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Does anyone have any opinions on the matter? I'm game for anything you're willing to throw at me.

+ Reply to Thread