Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sunwell Avoidance Reduction

Sunwell Avoidance Reduction

Sunwell Radiance - Spells - World of Warcraft
    -20% dodge, -5% miss, on the mobs, reducing your chance to dodge and be missed

https://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/t...91100630&sid=1

Looks like Blizzard finally thought of a way to deal with tank gear inflation; unfortunately this hits druids and paladins way harder than warriors.

Anyway mainly posting this to throw it out there and inform you all in case you missed it, but I saw a few of you post in the thread so far and, what can I say besides express how amazed I am at this? Not angry, but sort of surprised that Blizzard would think of a way to flat out keep guilds that aren't decked out from being able to compete for progression, and keep guilds that are decked out but not competant from competing for progression.

The upside is that, if the wowhead article is correct, this goes away phase 3 of the city or, phase 3 of something. But this certainly isn't preventing guilds from killing the first 3 bosses—my server has 2 guilds with Felmyst down.
    My Armory (May be in PvP Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Marn View Post
    unfortunately this hits druids and paladins way harder than warriors.
    Howso? Nothing in Sunwell Crushes...

Eh, I guess I said that because my guild's druids are the ones feeling this the hardest, and we don't have a protadin anymore but, of course protadins don't have as much armor as a druid either so I imagine this hurts them a lot too. I guess my guild's healers are just accustomed to being prepared to heal me like crazy all the time, but not being as vigilant on healing my druid buddies because of their normal avoidance rates.

I know my druids were complaining about feeling like they were taking way more damage than they should be given their gear, and it was pretty inexplicable at the time.
    My Armory (May be in PvP Gear)

yeah when i heard about this i was a little surprised. pretty much just throw a little bit more dodge and parry gear on. but yeah i am glad to see that Sunwell actually posses a challenge for most guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Klimpen View Post
    Nothing in Sunwell Crushes...
    Seriously? Not even trash?

Check out my blog

No crushes?

...so, everything just hits harder without crushing? Or how does that work? (I haven't seen anything in Sunwell outside the dailies or SPlat5, so...)

Quote Originally Posted by Radhja View Post
    No crushes?

...so, everything just hits harder without crushing? Or how does that work? (I haven't seen anything in Sunwell outside the dailies or SPlat5, so...)
    Brutallus, for instance, hits for about 9k MH and 4k OH and because of the ability mentioned above hits REALLY often. This leads to more incoming damage, but it is at least less spikey than having to deal with crushes.
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3012/paum1rp8.jpg

"As fish go, the naga on the loading screen is pretty hot." - Ciderhelm

so im just wondering so i havent seen it posted but what would an ideal gear set up look like for kale and brut...our guild is working on kale and i feel that we are a little under geared for it...main question is i see most tanks using Praetorian's Legguards - Items - World of Warcraft over the t6...should i get these the next time we do BT
    Last edited by sabinsmain; 04-06-2008 at 02:51 AM.

Druids are the best tanks in sunwell. Warriors and Paladins are running around with about the same HP as Druids, with a little more avoidance, but 15k less armor GG. The thing that kept Druids in line was crushing blows, and now that those are gone... I guess you can still take magic damage better as a warrior...

I guess you could try to gear for less than 20% dodge, but I just don't see that happening, since all warrior gear seems to have some dodge or defense on it.

Honestly, I don't think it's fair. Warriors should be as good as Druids, since it says they are the best tank in the class description. But I'm sure this is just a temporary thing, as they will be rebalancing everything for the xpac.

From what I have read warriors are doing just fine in sunwell. I have read that tanks have tried EH, and Avoidance stacking and both seem to do well.

This doesn't make any one class shine more than the other.

You can EH it, you can stack more Avoidance... it's linear, not like it scales based on how much avoidance you have.

I chose to go the avoidance route on Brutallus because based on the gear (or the lack thereof) that I have now, it's the better way to go. Our other prot warriors EH it, and they're doing fine. Druids work fine both ways as well.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Druids are the best tanks in sunwell. Warriors and Paladins are running around with about the same HP as Druids, with a little more avoidance, but 15k less armor GG. The thing that kept Druids in line was crushing blows, and now that those are gone... I guess you can still take magic damage better as a warrior...

I guess you could try to gear for less than 20% dodge, but I just don't see that happening, since all warrior gear seems to have some dodge or defense on it.

Honestly, I don't think it's fair. Warriors should be as good as Druids, since it says they are the best tank in the class description. But I'm sure this is just a temporary thing, as they will be rebalancing everything for the xpac.
    When you take into account inspiration + def stance that 15k armor is less. Lets put it this way I haven't got a single T6 item and im at 18k armor add devo+gotw thats 19k add ironshield and thats 21.5k. Armor cap is around 36k-21k = 15k (I have one item out of t6 well 2 since i took a badge reward of the same ilevel). Now we add inspiration which is 25% of your base armor (I dunno, Im going to go with 17k for ease) +4250. This puts -me- at 25.7k armor and the uptime is quite good as resto shamans have a simmilar proc.

So druid = 75% damage reduction
    Warrior = 25.7k (68.24%) + 3% (def stance)= 71% damage reduction but wait theres more block value will often mitigate 5% of the damage you take, therefore warrior mitigation is 75% via procs and my armor class is hardly comparable to a t6 warrior. True it relys on pot/proc but it means that the warrior is taking around the same level of damage.

maybe I got something wronglol

Just few points that I want to add to this thread thus far
    -Twins crush
    -Druids are the best tanks for Brut hands down
    -While Sunwell Radiance might go away at some point (yes it still stays up past Felmyst) it is entierly possible to do all the encounters thus far with it on (obviously proven)

I had the same feeling about Brutallus, but considering we've only barely tried Kalecgos, intuition tells me avoidance is even more so important in Sunwell on some of the consecutive burst string type bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Klimpen View Post
    Howso? Nothing in Sunwell Crushes...
    Lady Sacrolash crushes.

Twins crush! just thought I would throw that out there to

From my experience + reviewing numerous WWS reports of the M'uru encounter nothing in said encounter has the Sunwell radiance buff. Feel free to go over to WWS and review a few of the reports. Some are bugged sadly so not all of them are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxius View Post
    From my experience + reviewing numerous WWS reports of the M'uru encounter nothing in said encounter has the Sunwell radiance buff. Feel free to go over to WWS and review a few of the reports. Some are bugged sadly so not all of them are valid.
    This is true. I noted it a few weeks ago and had it included in the Protection Warrior thread by Maraudor/Quigon at EJ.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

I was checking my reports on M'uru aswell and noticed hight avoidance values on the fight... nothing I've seen since Black Temple ^_^

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

EDIT: Nvm, searching WWS found me the answer.
    Last edited by Canadianpimp; 05-19-2008 at 07:42 AM.