+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any comments/hints?

Any comments/hints?

Hi,
    I'd like to present my little dwarf to you folks.

I'm trying to build up like an allround tank without having to worry about which weapon/equip to wear for a certain boss.
    What I'm still missing is a nice pair of boots. Like the battlescar ones and also Solarian didn't want to satisfy me.
    I got nearly everything in my bagpack/bank what you need out of heroics, badges and Kara.

What I got to add is that I'm not MT in our guild, so don't worry about my talent build . I'm doing fine with it. Around 1000tps, but I'm thinking about putting executioner on the Mallet.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Norgannon&n=Bobur

Thanks for your advice

I'm not really sure what advice you're looking for here. You have [item]Boots of Elusion[/item], which is a great avoidance piece...are you looking for something that you can wear for either avoidance OR threat? Battlescar is probably better, but short of that I'd guess [item]Eaglecrest Warboots[/item] are more all-around (it has agi and str, which are marginally better threat than a dodge-heavy Elusion...but I still don't think I'd wear it).

The only thing I can say about your gear is that it seems a little light on +hit rating if you are ever tanking something that needs it (bear boss in ZA comes to mind).

The problem with being a tank is that if you are only building one gear set, and never swapping anything out, you're not going to be as effective. Sometimes the gear set you're wearing is perfect for the fight, and sometimes you're much better off with some changes.

As a guild's OT it's important to have multiple sets. If your guild is in the habit of burning the OTs target first you'll need a damn good threat set. You'll also want the best tank set you can get since you'll probably always be undergeared compared to your MT. Lastly, you need a DPS set for the many, many fights that don't require an OT.

If you have everything you can get from badges, then you probably already have some decent threat gear. Download Outfitter or ItemRack and setup some outfits bound to a hot key. I just leave all my gear in my gear bags and have a hotkey for tank, threat, mixed, and DPS. Takes me half a second to change a complete gear set.

You said to ignore your spec but I'm ignoring you. Drop Unbridled Wrath like a bad, bad habit. 5/5 UW is 40% chance of 1 rage each swing timered hit. With a 1.7 MH like you have that's 0.7 rage every 3 seconds. By dumping 3/3 in Imp TC and 1 in Anger Management you'll 1 every 3 seconds and have a left over talent point as a bonus. Even if you DW a lot with a 1.6 in your OH that's still only 1.45 rage per 3 for FIVE talent points.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmtyBob View Post
    You said to ignore your spec but I'm ignoring you. Drop Unbridled Wrath like a bad, bad habit. 5/5 UW is 40% chance of 1 rage each swing timered hit. With a 1.7 MH like you have that's 0.7 rage every 3 seconds. By dumping 3/3 in Imp TC and 1 in Anger Management you'll 1 every 3 seconds and have a left over talent point as a bonus. Even if you DW a lot with a 1.6 in your OH that's still only 1.45 rage per 3 for FIVE talent points.
    Thanks for the mathetical evidence for that I'll try this out in our next raid.

The +hit thing: I'm currently working on it. Our MT is currently sitting at around 70 and is only slightly better equip than me.

For the boots: I got my hands on the ZA Boots and Shoulders in our last run.
    The boots I'm actually using in my equip. They gave me a nice push in my shieldslam.

Actually I'm swapping around gear for different fights. I#m just working out a set which I can wear at most situations

I now have skilled the Anger Management and i've put the leftover point in Unbridled Wrath.
    It really was a nice push in Rage amount.

Quote Originally Posted by ebs2002 View Post
    The only thing I can say about your gear is that it seems a little light on +hit rating if you are ever tanking something that needs it (bear boss in ZA comes to mind).
    +hit Problem is solved.
    I got me the new 2.4 Badges Girdle which gave me a nice bosst in expertise and hitrating.

I was able to compare two raides with WWSstats.
    My missed hits dropped from around 10% to around 3-5% which was a nice boost in threat.

At the moment I'm worrying about getting the new Badge Chest. But 100 Badges are sort of crazy.

So thx for your advice

+ Reply to Thread