+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forums Converted!

Forums Converted!

The site has now been completely converted to the new template. Now, it's a matter of getting the new navigation and some fixes in place. Thanks again for continuing to visit TankSpot. Hope you're enjoying the new changes!
    Last edited by Ciderhelm; 03-26-2008 at 04:07 PM.

My eyes...

wtb opt-in darker template.

Quote Originally Posted by Klimpen View Post
    My eyes...

wtb opt-in darker template.
    Opt-in is unfortunately not possible. To apply templates to separate pages (News page, Chat, Blogs, Arcade, etc.), they need to be enabled as user accessible. The reason I override user decisions on templates is that if they decide to choose one of the other templates on accident, it can permanently stop them from using the forums, as most of our templates don't even have a login/logout navbar.

I agree, the website is fairly blinding at this point. Would be nice to have the option to turn the overall brightness down

I think it's a great design. For me, it's not blinding at all. Some just need to get use to it, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonerot View Post
    I agree, the website is fairly blinding at this point. Would be nice to have the option to turn the overall brightness down
    Again, I can tell you with 100% certainty that will not be an option. Am still getting a feel for the exact scheme, but there will not be user-selectable templates.

Assuming you use Firefox, you can use Stylish to set up your own CSS theme for any website. It was quite easy to use with Cider's themes here.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

I've reverted to default vBulletin icons for the time being. Will make custom icons in the not-too-distant future.

I am having a tougher time seeing which forums have new posts on the following page:
    TankSpot General - TankSpot

Anyone else having this problem?

The default icons can easily tell you which ones have new posts.

Two papers with an orange bulletin board = new posts...

I like the new look, good job on a smooth template and domain transition.

The only minor issue I would bring up is that clickable text links default to plain black text, so there's no way to tell them apart from normal text until you hover your mouse pointer over one. Maybe a shade of gray or blue to match the rest of the design?

Keep up the good work!
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

I was also going to comment on the link issue, as well as the main page not linking to the forums directly (it takes me to the "update your bookmarks" page. Not terrible, just extra work for me cuz I keep forgetting).

Otherwise, I do like it, unless I have a headache, in which case it hurts my eyes (but that's my head's problem, not yours)

Would you give me an example of the links?

Also EBS, force refresh the page. That header should direct to the forum root.

Ctrl-F5 for those that don't know how to do a forced refresh

An example link (I hadn't read this thread yet and came just to report the same problem) is in my post at http://www.theoryspot.com/forums/gen...html#post68460. The words "Sunwell Radiance" are a link which lights up under mouseover (yay!), but it's totally not obvious to a reader.

And of course, the link in this post to the other post is another example.

How do the links look now? They're all a bit brighter (moved from #330000 to #660000).

Much better. (Part of this might be that I'm reading from a mac—the gamma differences can really make a difference in places like that.)

I like the new design, good work!

Quote Originally Posted by ebs2002 View Post
    I was also going to comment on the link issue, as well as the main page not linking to the forums directly (it takes me to the "update your bookmarks" page. Not terrible, just extra work for me cuz I keep forgetting).
    He means the very first link on the left navbar of tankspot.com It points to TankSpot - TankSpot
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Understood. I've been meaning to replace that entire bar, will do so shortly.

+ Reply to Thread