+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sun Eater or Kings Defender

Sun Eater or Kings Defender

Good Morning,

I was able to get Sun Eater from Heroic Mechanar like 2 month ago and immediately enchanted it with Mongoose for maxing avoidance.

Yesterday evening I got Kings Defender as well, and I was planning to enchant it with Executioner to use it on trash and bosses where you dont need max Avoidance.

But now after I read a bit on the forums I am unsure about what to do. Some people say that if you are still on T4 content it would be better to enchant KD with Mongoose and use it over Sun Eater?

My threat is ok so far but the gap is closing now that our dps starts to gear up as well, so I thought KD with Executioner should boost my threat by a nice amount.

Could I please get some opinions? Dont want to waste that much money on a wrong enchant.

My Gear is mainly Kara and Heroic epics with 3 blues left, and my guild has cleared Kara with me as MT.

I'm guessing they mean by putting Mongoose on it you'll get a hybrid tank/threat weapon. Honestly the difference is so damn trivial it's not worth a wasted enchant. In my not-particularly-informed opinion just drop executioner on it so you'll have a nice tank weapon and a nice threat weapon. The alternative is to have a hybrid now you probably don't even need and want to re-enchant later.

I use KD with Executioner as a standard tanky weapon, for pure threat. I will farm mech at some point to do what you have and get Sun Eater as a avoidance weapon in my bag (as SSC could be a while off). It certainly won't be money wasted and if you already have a mongoose weapon then the alternative option could be quite sensible.

Plenty of people do use mongoose on KD and seem happy with it, so it is somewhat personal preference, but I can't see you being unhappy with the result, if that helps.
    Former TBC/LK Tank
    Waiting for Dunmail Jnr to sleep to enable online gaming.

SE w/ Mongoose is currently the best avoidance weapon in the game. Use it when threat doesn't matter.
    KD w/ Executioner is the way to go, imo. Use it the rest of the time.

I use the SE with Mungoose in my avoidence equip.
    My last tanking weapon was the KD also with Mungoose. I still use it in fights where i need more +hit.
    Atm I'm using the Mallet of The Tides also with Mungoose on it.

Your weapon of the choice always depends on the encounter.
    Our MT prefers Executioner on his weapons but I prefer Mungoose for extra avoidence and armor when it procs

As a tank, you're going to have to swap weapons around based on the fight. If you enchant a high-avoidance item with threat/EH stats, and a high-threat/EH item with avoidance, you're actually lessening your options.

If you only have one option, then I can see a case for putting mongoose on your low-avoid/high-threat weapon, or putting +12agi on a high-sta cloak, because you'll need to wear it on both encounters.
    However, if you have two options, it's best to put mongoose or agi on your high-avoidance item, and executioner on your high-threat item. You have more options this way. Exe on your KD, Mongoose on your Sun Eater.

+ Reply to Thread