+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which aggro weapon to go for?

Which aggro weapon to go for?

Right now I'm working on holding aggro better and one part of that is getting a better aggro weapon. Or faster really. Currently using [item]Grom'tor's Charge[/item] as mitigation and [item]Terokk's Nightmace[/item] as aggro weapon, which got a nice expertise but is a bit slow.

So now it's either farming BM for [item]Latro's shifting sword[/item] or grinding HH rep for [item]Honor's Call[/item]. Just want to make sure which one to get. Or if there is another.

Armory link here

*$

Well, since being exalted with both is good anyway, why not "go for" both?

Although if you can tank Heroic Mech, that's what you want to do, to get the Sun Eater.

Honor's Call is the better weapon, IMO.
    Ardalan - Tank
    Guild: Momentum
    Server: Scarlet Crusade

Just did Mechanar in heroic first time, and it seems i can
    So I guess I go grind that one instead.

*$

Sun Eater is an avoidance weapon, the two you mentioned are good, plus I believe 2.4 has a few in regular magister's terrace that will drop, plus rep reward weapons.

Honor's Call is great if you're a human and get the +expertise from it. As an orc, I'm using the Thrallmar equivalent and it's suited me all through Kara and into ZA (I've been passing on the KD for our undergeared rogue and warrior alt since they needed it more than me). And good luck with the Sun Eater, I've done 26 or 27 runs now (I stopped counting) without seeing it. I'm not saying you shouldn't go for it (the rep is great, the sha'tar exalted shield is worth grinding mech even if you never get the sun eater), just warning you that it's the rare drop

I see you're a blacksmith, so I would (and did) go swordsmith and craft Fireguard.

Now that nethers and vortexes are no longer bop, it's much easier to upgrade to Blazeguard and Blazefury, which are all excellent agro weapons.

Toss on an Executioner enchant and you have a nice agro weapon. I wouldn't put executioner on there until at least Blazeguard, though, since you lose the enchant when you upgrade.

Terralaine

A much cheaper alternative than the swordsmith weapons is the new rep reward sword from Shattered Sun Offensive, forget the name but I remember it has 25ish stam, hit and expertise on it, and you can get it just by doing dailies and Magister's Terrace on regular mode. Wish something like that was around when I hit 70, promise you I would not have done mech near so much.

True enough -- that's a nice sword. Wish that was around when I was looking to replace Grom'tor's. Fast too!

+ Reply to Thread