+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any way to check someone's cash via addons?

Any way to check someone's cash via addons?

Ok, lately it seems like we've had a string of idiots on our raids who after a few wipes admit to being too broke to fix their gear and have to borrow money until they can get it from an alt, their uncle, do dailies, etc.

It's irritating to say the least.

Currently, addons like CTRaid, ORA2, etc. will allow you to check your raid members for durability, particular items in their inventory, etc.

Is there any way to see how much cash somebody is carrying on them? It sounds rather juvenile, but it would be nice to know that Bob showed fully repaired, packing consumables, ready to roll, but with only 3g in his pocket. *sigh*

That sounds soooooooo familiar after the last two week's I've had, and I can see the irritation, especially being a wannabe Tanky type and forking out for food, pots, flasks and more critically repairs, then getting a dps type howling about pots.

I can't say I've seen anything when skimming mods, but I'm sure our GM's/RL's might be interested in this if anything was available, assuming they haven't fired them already.

May explain some of the attendance on 25 mans where deaths may and likely will occur....

Former TBC/LK Tank
    Waiting for Dunmail Jnr to sleep to enable online gaming.

I can sound harsh but maybe tell them if they can't afford to repair, they can't afford to raid? It take ~1hrs to do the dailies and make near to 100g, which should more than enough to pay for a unlucky raiding night.

I see it like someone who buy a Porshe, but unable to pay for racing tire, gas, insurance, normal maintenance... if you can't pay for that, then you can't afford a Porshe.

I had a friend who bought a Lincoln Continental to chill out, when he saw how much gas this boat was burning, he sold it back and bought a Toyota...

In short, repair bill come with the raid. You can't repair, then you can't raid.

You can't query for someone's money arbitrarily, no. You'd need to build it into oRA/CTRaid to respond to a query just as the durability and item queries work.

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    You can't query for someone's money arbitrarily, no. You'd need to build it into oRA/CTRaid to respond to a query just as the durability and item queries work.
    Thanks Satrina. That's what I suspected. Oh well.

And Djiss, believe me, we totally agree. That doesn't help us though when we're recovering from a wipe, people are trying to get ready to make another try before trash respawns, and some idiot mentions that they don't have repair money. If it happens again, we may have to pull out the old 50 DKP MINUS!!! stick.

+ Reply to Thread