+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macro help re: Al'ar

Macro help re: Al'ar

So last night we went and had a guild first Al'ar kill. Before that glorious moment however, when getting back to my platform (i was platform 4 tank), I intercepted him to cut off flame buffet, and then proceeded to be crushed twice and die before I could get shield block up in defensive.

I'm very noobish with macros, so if anyone could help me with one that would intercept, then switch to defensive and shield block I would appreciate it. Probably have to spam it to work, but w/e.

If it was a one time deal, I wouldn't bother, but it happened three times and I would rather it not...
    Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

/castsequence Intercept,Defensive Stance,Shield Block
    You'll need to hit it 3 times to make it work

I had thought this would work, but you still need to hit it a third time for the SB anyway it seems:
    /castsequence Intercept,Defensive Stance
    /cast Shield Block

A better solution is to enchant Boar's speed on your boots and not worry about one buffet happening.

Do you have defensive stance and intercept hotkeyed? If so, it should be no problem at all to hit defensive stance whilst travelling to your target (during intercept) and then hit shield block. Being able to do a motion quick like that is pretty essential, much like stance dancing fearbreaks reliably, etc.

Since any macro needed to do this has to be mashed anyways, it's not really different at all from just hitting the buttons manually, those are my personal thoughts.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

I switch to Berserker stance, staying on the outside edge of the ramp you can sneak about 1/2 way up - then hit your intercept and stance change while moving (just bind your defensive stance to key on your berserker toolbar). Works like a charm 0 or 1 flame buffet.

Quote Originally Posted by loquatious View Post
    I switch to Berserker stance, staying on the outside edge of the ramp you can sneak about 1/2 way up - then hit your intercept and stance change while moving (just bind your defensive stance to key on your berserker toolbar). Works like a charm 0 or 1 flame buffet.
    I do something very similar:
    (1) Drop down and switch to zerker stance
    (2) Use Bloodrage
    (3) Go up the ramp (stick to the inside and go as far as just before the point where the "white strip" becomes equally thick.
    (4) When Al'ar begins to move I start running up the the ramp and intercept.

Result: 0-1 flame buffets depending on how quick I am.

+ Reply to Thread