+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why I hate raiding

Why I hate raiding

Seems like lots of people are talking about this recently but I don't want to start my own blog to follow that group but I hate raiding too and by hate raiding I mean I love to do it but I hate it at the same time.

I'm in a very large casual guild. Some of our members are excellent, best that you could find examples of their class but they are a very very small percentage of our membership. We have a slightly larger group of people who really really like raiding but aren't amazing. They have the stats but not the magic.

I consider myself among the best of them, I've learned a lot about prot warriors. I have amazing gear for our progression level which brings me to why I hate raiding #1. I can no longer afford to play with subpar players. My gear is too expensive to repair. I don't mind wiping with we have a solid group but under performers don't do much but cost me money. Every single wipe, even partial costs me a fortune. It was fine starting Kara, my gear wasn't too bad to repair but now that I'm loaded up on t4/badge purples and a touch of t5 it's freaking outlandish how much I pay.

My gear is also the reason I hate raiding #2. My gear doesn't benefit me day to day. I can only be so excited for new gear because it lets me raid more. A healer benefits from better gear no matter what they heal, a dps class benefits from more dps no mater what they do but a tank can only realistically wear so much gear before they so far outgear an instance that it starts to work against them. Why can't I wear my shiny new gear at any level instance I want to tank?

#3 is respec costs, why do I need to pay so much money if I want to step outside of a raid instance and be useful? Why don't you allow me to PvP as arms some times or dps as fury for fun? Why do you charge support classes who already spend too much gold even more while the dps classes who have the best gear for getting more gold can do both for free?

So yes, I love to raid and I hate that it's so painful to do it with less then the most amazing performers. No I don't want a new guild, I could care less how progressed we are but why punish me so much for having having nice gear and playing with average players?
    Last edited by Bonerot; 03-11-2008 at 07:31 AM.

r u serious ?

btw.
    I can no longer afford to play with subpar players.
    made my day ^^

Get a new guild/raid if you start "hating" your favourite activity - do you think your the only plate wearer that has high repair costs ?

Do you think wiping for 2 months @ Kael Thas in 4/5 T5 was cheap ?

If your raid is to casual or even "non-skilled" for you, and you really dont want to leave - why do you complain

man sorry to tell, i dont really get your "problems"

Oh, this is about gear, I thought it was about raiding

Did I accidentally post this on the wow forums?

My point is that the system shouldn't punish people as much as it does for choosing to play as I do. This is just a game and entertainment should be the #1 priority not punishing people for choosing to play with friends.

So no, I don't switch guilds because I'd rather suck it up and eat the costs. Doesn't mean I have to like paying them though.
    Last edited by Bonerot; 03-11-2008 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonerot View Post
    Did I accidentally post this on the wow forums?

My point is that the system shouldn't punish people as much as it does for choosing to play as I do. This is just a game and entertainment should be the #1 priority not punishing people for choosing to play with friends.

So no, I don't switch guilds because I'd rather suck it up and eat the costs. Doesn't mean I have to like paying them though.
    I hate to tell you my friend, this game is now all about entertainment and no longer has a difficulty factor. In fact, it has become so pathetic that 2 of the top 10 U.S. guilds have thrown in the towel for the World of Casualcraft.

Blizzard gives you so much ability for gear, for gold to repair that gear, your argument is a joke.

I wont go on about "Back in the day" however you have no idea what repair bills or punishments are. You can farm enough gold to repair your gear in less than 30 mins.

Give me a break.

This is just a game and entertainment should be the #1 priority

Quote Originally Posted by Bonerot View Post

I did a little cutting and pasting to try to unmask your ridiculousness.

also stop complaining about money. you can make 100g in an hour of incredibly easy daily quests. how often does your "very large casual guild" raid? 3 days a week?

I'm in a similar position, but it's not as bad because we only raid on Sundays and Mondays. So the 110g respec (adding 5g to each spec for re-learning shield slam and MS skills) only has to happen once a week.

If your guild raids on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, though, that really sucks for warriors ><

Moved this to the guild forums. I'd suggest putting it up as a blog entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimy View Post
    I hate to tell you my friend, this game is now all about entertainment and no longer has a difficulty factor. In fact, it has become so pathetic that 2 of the top 10 U.S. guilds have thrown in the towel for the World of Casualcraft.

Blizzard gives you so much ability for gear, for gold to repair that gear, your argument is a joke.

I wont go on about "Back in the day" however you have no idea what repair bills or punishments are. You can farm enough gold to repair your gear in less than 30 mins.

Give me a break.
    I've been a hardcore raider since Lord Nagafen in '99, and if anybody thinks that warcraft was ever not geared and designed to accomodate the casual player base more than the hardcore then you are very sadly misinformed.

It is only more recently that this ahs become more apparent, and perhaps removed the fog over your eyes so you can see it as well. Why is this you would ask? could the ever increasing population of casual gamers have something to do with it?

Lets be realistic here, an mmo gets stale far far to quickly, for casual and hardcore gamers, hence the need for major timesinks in said gmaes, it only gets worse with time, and wow is still a very very new game, if you don't like the trend gtfo now, cause it will only get worse.

Don't get me wrong ehre, i agree with much of what youa re saying, especially in regards to the OP, but the way you come across is very angry at a casual game catering to casual players, which is moronic at best.

thanks Cider, I took the plunge and posted it as a blog entry. It's really more of a vent to blizzard then a request from posters for assistance.

+ Reply to Thread