+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DW Offhand?

DW Offhand?

I picked up Netherbane from Al'ar last night and have a question about the various offhands I have available for a Fury spec. Which one would be best?

Akil'zon's Talonblade:
    95.7DPS at 1.50 speed
    +25 stamina
    18 haste rating
    52 attack power

Dagger of Bad Mojo
    95.6DPS at 1.80 speed
    +21 agility
    40 attack power
    140 armor penetration

Decapitator
    92.1DPS at 2.60 speed
    27 crit rating

What does everyone think?

Assuming you have no rage issues, Decap is the best choice of the 3, although it's not by much due to the superior stats on the fast weapons. If you are having rage issues, I'd go with the Dagger.

yeah decap for fights with heaps of rage, MoJo for rage starved/Exe spam,

keep the other dagger for your mainhand in exespam also maybe...

Basse dps is a big deciding factor in weapon choice, in a situation like yours I would probably be using Dagger of bad mojo, as stats are superior to akillzons and base dps is superior to decapitator. Don't let people fill your head with the notion that Slow weapon>fast weapon with better dps/stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Centx View Post
    Basse dps is a big deciding factor in weapon choice, in a situation like yours I would probably be using Dagger of bad mojo, as stats are superior to akillzons and base dps is superior to decapitator. Don't let people fill your head with the notion that Slow weapon>fast weapon with better dps/stats.
    This is possible, but it would still be close either way. I'm basing it off my own experience with [item]Fool's Bane[/item] vs. [item]Malchazeen[/item], where I have a higher output with the mace. However, I do recognize that the stat differences between the two are considerably different than that between the weapons he has available. His best option would be to try all three in similar situations to see which one benefits him the most.

I don't think you can be wrong on this one....

slow slow > Slow Fast in general, i parsed it at about 30 DPS with my malchazeen being much lower dps than fool's bane for whirlwind DPS. However having said that ArP is good to have if you have enough to notice....

In badge gear i would go the dagger, In dropped gear i'd go the decapitator. I'd definately use both in different situations tho 8) Exe the decapitator and stick dagger with Potency or something so you can get more DPS on Exespam.

Well, I have the badge shoulders which give ArP, the Zul'Aman BP which also gives ArP, and could get the badge belt. With those three and the dagger, that would be over 600 ArP before Executioner proc. I would have 1850AP, almost 28% crit, and over 200 hit, which means I could drop my Romulo's Poison Vial for a different trinket with AP or Crit. Would 600ArP make a huge difference?

i have parsed out executioner at 800 ArP at around 40 DPS so yeah 600+ executioner would be around 80 DPS as a guide. there isn't any 100% proof of ArP from what ive found but its definately worth it after 500+

+ Reply to Thread