+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crushing Blows

Crushing Blows

I'd like to have something pop up on my screen when I take a crushing blow. Yes, I keep shield block up as often as I can, but I'd like to see those ones that slip by without having to stare at my combat log. I use SCT but couldn't find a way to have it differentiate crushes versus regular incoming damage. Does anyone know how I could set this up, or if there is a mod out there to do this?

Thanks.

The version of SCT I have displays normal damage like this: 3462 and crushes like this: ^6320^. I didn't have to change any settings to have it do that, so I think it's just a feature in one of the newer versions. However, I also have SCT damage (SCTD) which may be the culprit. On a side note, SCTD differentiates between normal and glancing blows like this: 241 / ~113~
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, Blizzard's SCT displays crushes like it does crits (larger text). In PvE, you can safely assume that the larger text either means you got crushed (or you haven't unbound your sit button and accidentally popped a squat in a boss fight).

Quote Originally Posted by Arrivan View Post
    The version of SCT I have displays normal damage like this: 3462 and crushes like this: ^6320^. I didn't have to change any settings to have it do that, so I think it's just a feature in one of the newer versions. However, I also have SCT damage (SCTD) which may be the culprit. On a side note, SCTD differentiates between normal and glancing blows like this: 241 / ~113~
    /facepalm duh, of course... I totally knew this too. This is what I get for posting messages way too late at night. Thanks for the refresher!

There is a scrolling combat text mod called parrot which displayes it like this 9000(Crushing). It is called parrot and i love it

+ Reply to Thread