+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IGN vs. PlanetTR, Gangrel

IGN vs. PlanetTR, Gangrel

No less than 30% of exclusive news is coming directly from IGN every week from NCSoft. Yes, a site with a whopping 10% of the activity of the other two dedicated Tabula Rasa communities is getting the lion's share of coverage in most news pieces.

Maybe they forgot that their community news is directed to players who are already playing, and don't visit the Vault anyway?...

I sense a previous topic coming back up.

lol

Just keep your eyes on the news. Note how much meaningless stuff gets posted from them (not directed at you Maya!).

I read one of the 1.4 "class editorials" in the news link. It was 7 sentences. Was that a joke? I just clicked a link to get more advertisements than sentences?

The only IGN section I've continued to read over the years is the old Filmforce spot... just because it appeals to me greatly and they tend to have all the awesome geek-centric flicks categorized on the menu bars.

IGN continues to be the best source of information on the internet... if by "information" you mean "advertisements"
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    lol

Just keep your eyes on the news. Note how much meaningless stuff gets posted from them (not directed at you Maya!).

I read one of the 1.4 "class editorials" in the news link. It was 7 sentences. Was that a joke? I just clicked a link to get more advertisements than sentences?
    yeah I wrote a very short editorial, because I thought we were all supposed to post short editorials and they would all be put on one page or something. I was wrong. I assume you are talking about the guardian one because it is the shortest one out of all of them. But here is the thing, have you looked at the quality of the posts at PlanetTR recently? PlanetTR used to be the only one I posted on. But the more I read it the more I get the feel of reading a circus. Never read gangrel, I guess I could check that site out.

I think the thing with the number of posts TRVault gets in TR news comes from the amount of stuff they submit. I dont know the process of that, but I think it has everything to do with submissions and not any thing to do with actual popularity of the site.

You're absolutely right about the quality of posts on PTR. If you get some time, check out Gangrel's site.

Unfortunately PTR is where the devs are at.
    Delta Troop Commanding Officer
    Squadron IX, Legio X Gammica
    47th AFS Expeditionary Force
    "Quick like a kitten; fast like a cat."

you know what was funny is two days ago one of our people over at TRVault was telling us to check this site out. I was like, uhh, k. As of today she is the new Site manager over there so if you would like to ask her how to post news to the launcher I am sure she would be happy to tell you. Just pm her or somethin, or pm me if you are interested and I will ask her for you.

in response to previous poster, yeah they post everywhere.

We've had news on the launcher. We're just not a mass market site.

So about PlanetTR..?

Quote Originally Posted by KudagAxehand View Post
    PTR does have a few gems...but it's mostly quantity over quality there.
    Sorry I couldn't help myself.. That signature of yours at PlanetTR made me do it.

So now that I'm here, lets talk about how we can change things at PlanetTR for the better.. What do you guys think PlanetTR could do differently or still needs? I don't feel comfortable making it a VS thing.. However if it must be one, then it's safe to say no one can deny the number of active members at PlanetTR. Quality or quantity the sheer number speaks for itself IMO. This division of community TR is suffering from is what is honestly the most upsetting to me. The distraction of the cookie cutter corporate sponsored sites will always exist but there's no reason this community can't combine it's resources. Over the next few weeks PlanetTR will be undergoing many exciting changes. As you can see by this post I will personally be reaching out within the TR community to unite as many of us as possible.

In the end we all enjoy this game, we all want to see it be a success, and I think we all could all benefit from a unified TR community.

I think I said this to Kavadas earlier on an unrelated subject:
    We're not the people you need to reach out to.

Why? Because everyone on this site who's playing TR already frequents Planet TR. It may be a "vs." thread, but only to the extent that we were talking about news coverage. Whether PTR is better or worse than another site isn't an argument you need to present to us.

What can be done to improve PTR? That is worth bringing up. I don't have suggestions (others may).
    Last edited by Ciderhelm; 03-04-2008 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I think I said this to Kavadas earlier on an unrelated subject:
    We're not the people you need to reach out to.

Why? Because everyone on this site who's playing TR already frequents Planet TR. It may be a "vs." thread, but only to the extent that we were talking about news coverage. Whether PTR is better or worse than another site isn't an argument you need to present to us.

What can be done to improve PTR? That is worth bringing up. I don't have suggestions (others may).
    If that's the case now then I'm glad you guys have come around.. After reading that other thread I decided this one was much better to jump into. I've got to say I don't agree with you at all, the TR players that post here are some of my favorites from over at PlanetTR. Now just because you all frequent PlanetTR, that doesn't mean you're active members. As for the better or worse comment I wasn't implying that at all, my post was directed towards the very same core issues you all were discussing.

Since you don't have any suggestions let me ask you a question: Why was TabulaSpot started?

TabulaSpot started as a game mechanics site. Unfortunately, there's almost no game mechanics to discuss in Tabula Rasa, and what few there are don't matter.

Per PTR, Kudag said essentially what I'd say. You're acting as a conductor for everyone. Communities that cover all subjects and attract all people can't excel in all subjects as well.

Frequenting and being active on a site are two separate things. You will never see me being heavily active on PTR, though you will see Kudag and Kavadas doing that. I have literally zero purpose for posting on PTR.

Bear in mind, most people who come to a website are only interested in information, not community. If you aren't running at a 10-to-1 ratio of unregistered visitors to members, then you don't have enough information. Don't worry if not everyone is active.

The quality of posts (and posters) at PTR is steadily getting worse and worse. This was brilliantly evident when you look at my "Two Biggest Issues" thread and have 5-6 geniuses telling me I'm wrong and that those two issues are just my opinion. That's funny because that was exactly what I stated in the bottom paragraph of the OP. I've since had to go back and increase text size, bold it, and make it more colorful so people don't miss it.

And it's not like my OP was even that long. Probably 300 words at best. After that thread I'm less and less inclined to post anything meaningful on PTR besides in grenadier specific threads and the bugs forum.

People gave you crap because of the title of your post. Stop complaining about criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Victeonus View Post
    People gave you crap because of the title of your post. Stop complaining about criticism.
    I wasn't talking about the thread that was moved down to the rants forum. In fact, if I recall correctly you were one of the very people who failed to read my post entirely where I pointed precisely, nearly verbatim, what you criticized me about.

So read before you react.

+ Reply to Thread