Thread: Maggy 23k hit, bug?

Maggy 23k hit, bug?

My guild has been farming maggy for months, although on our last kills, we have been having problems with our maggytank dieing. Our usual MT got so heavy damage that he died. We have never had this problem before, he took unusally high damage. No crits or crushings. So we decided to try with me as tank, it all seemed to go well, i didnt take as much dmg, i even felt ragestarved, until i got a non-crushing, non-critting 23k dmg hit. It didnt even show in my combatlog, but it did in one of the other members wich confirmed that it wasnt a crit/crush, and ofc i died

What can this be? A bug?
    Last edited by Abexy; 03-05-2008 at 10:42 AM.

He must have done a split cleave, frenzy, and enrage, all at the same time. Hell, if he's going to use one ability he doesn't have, why not use all of them he doesn't have?

Do you have a macro that makes you get naked? Other than that and maybe stancesets stripping your shield for a rage-starvation zerker dance, I can't understand why he'd hit that hard.
    Last edited by Bigstik; 03-05-2008 at 11:31 AM. Reason: added some humor

I do have an addon that removes my gear, ofc it could only remove shield, wep and range since i was in combat. I was one-shotted, and while corpserunning, i had everything on me, so i doubt that. And even so, without shield, wep and range - 23k?
    What's more strange is that the hit didnt even show. I dont remember the exact hits but it was like this:

Maggy hits you for 4-5k
    Maggy hits you for 4-5k
    Maggy hits you for 4-5k
    Maggy misses you.
    You die.

??? doesnt make any sense at all ^^

It was on phase 3 of Magtheridon?
    I mean, after he break the ceiling.
    Because at that stage you have debris falling from one time to another and if some of the debris fall on you, you will take unhealable damage.

I mean this spell: Debris - Spells - World of Warcraft
    Or this one: Collapse - Spells - World of Warcraft
    Can't recall the name....

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Ah, yes that seems reasonable.

Thanks

I got hit for 19.7k last night, WWS showed it as Debris. Luckily I was full health at the time.

yeah, Cavenins CAN happen on the tank, so if you are taking a 20k or so hit, you were probably standing in a cave in. It is hard to see that though when you are tanking him, so people need to comunicate on vent or TS for the tank to move out of the cave in.

if it killed you instantly, it had to have been a cave-in.
    which for what i know of it, is unavoidable, isn't the damage spike instant and unforeseeable?

if the above is true, basically after the ceiling drop, its a balls to the walls DPS fest to get him down ASAP. because after that point its a giant Russian Roulette for both the Tank and The Cube Pushers.

on a side note a small excerpt from our vent during the pre-fight
    "If You Are Assigned A Cube, Stay The F*** Away From It Until It Is Your Turn To Push It"

You get the debris falling some seconds before the damage. If you don't sleep, you can move out of it. The problem is that as tank you have no visual at all...
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid