+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Xav's UI

Heres one for you. I loaded your UI today, everything worked fine. I hadnt actually read all the way through it and didnt realize you had spellbinder installed so i had disabled all the mods and logged into the vanilla wow UI to start keybinding so i would be able to see all my bars.

When I turned them all back on and logged back in I noticed that Smarty is now stuck in the middle of my screen.

There is a screenshot to let you see. I am wondering if it is due to visor2 bugging out because I tried using visor2gui to move the frame itself, but it wont allow me to do so. In the screenshot itself, you can see the error I received everytime I clicked the grab button.

Visor2: The frame [Unknown] is not a valid UI frame.

I have tried reloading the smarty addon, reinstalling it, etc. Nothing works. I dont really want to have to go back through and reinstall EVERYTHING again. Was wondering if you had seen this before or might possibly know what would cause it. I dont know enough about your UI yet to dig deeper as I dont know what the foundations of your UI are.

Any help would be appreciated..and <3 your UI
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

Hey Xav,

What is the mod you use for the health display above the NPC's heads? It looks much nicer than hitting (V).

Hey, really nice UI, it seems to be working well for me (Still havn't checked in a raid, but I am hoping it will come through :P) However, I have one problem, everytime I enter combat, when, for example, Glyph of Blocking procs or when I use Bloodrage, I get a white bar with my name on it and the resulting buff, in this case the Glyph or Bloodrage. Does anyone know the name of this addon so I can move/delete it? Thanks in advance,

Faínt

I fixed my issue. I had to copy the layout file in the WTF folder back over and it got the issue. Currently trying to figure out what the above poster posted about as its an issue with me too. I'll let ya know if i figure it out.
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better

Quote Originally Posted by Faínt View Post
    Hey, really nice UI, it seems to be working well for me (Still havn't checked in a raid, but I am hoping it will come through :P) However, I have one problem, everytime I enter combat, when, for example, Glyph of Blocking procs or when I use Bloodrage, I get a white bar with my name on it and the resulting buff, in this case the Glyph or Bloodrage. Does anyone know the name of this addon so I can move/delete it? Thanks in advance,

Faínt

Found it. The mod causing this problem is called Yatba.

If you type /yatba. then go to profiles, you'll need to drop the profile down to Xav's profile and it should alleviate the issue. He has it setup for tracking vigilance but it defaults to your toons profile which shows every buff/debuff placed. Woot I can see my screen again lol

Thanks for clarifying that Klor, I stopped paying attention to my thread!

As for Smarty, you can hold down alt and left click the border (you might have to right click - unlock it first) to move it.

Rather.. you have to grab the *very* edge of Smarty, since I have the graphical borders turned off (they're clunky!), and hold alt+left click and drag it around. It takes a bit to get used to it. I'm not sure why it would have plopped itself in the middle of the screen like that. It's easy to fix, at least.

And yeah.. Yatba has to be set to my profile; I should add that in to the tutorial.

Also: The mod I use to replace the default nameplates is called Aloft.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that Klor, I stopped paying attention to my thread!
    Blame Kazey! I saw him do it and wanted to be just like him!

By far the best UI Xav. Thanks a million for releasing this.

One question, for anyone, what is the mod that tracks by buffs. I would like to make it slightly larger.

Thanks again Xav. Many props!
    Warrior's - The few, The proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeferith View Post
    By far the best UI Xav. Thanks a million for releasing this.

One question, for anyone, what is the mod that tracks by buffs. I would like to make it slightly larger.

Thanks again Xav. Many props!
    Do you mean the buff display, the top right? That's Buffalo.. you can probably do something like /buffalo or /buff to open the config for it.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

perfect thank you! Going to take a little getting used to but I love the look and feel of it =)

great job
    Warrior's - The few, The proud.

Xav, love the setup, I didn't copy the WTF folders personally, I use a slightly customized version but I'm leaning more towards Buffalo than what I previously used, ElkBuffBars. The reason is you can't separate columns with Elk, and with all the hots and other crap on you in 25 mans you end up with a list the height of your whole screen, hardly appealing to the eye. My question is with Buffalo, how the heck to you resize the buff icons? And is there a GUI or is it all /buffalo commands? No rush it's not a big deal I was just curious for future reference because I would like to shrink it a bit. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Buffalo has a gui, you can shrink stuff there.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Xav,

Is there somewhere on this thread that lists all the mods you are currently using? sorry if it's a repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by troyonfire View Post
    Xav,

Is there somewhere on this thread that lists all the mods you are currently using? sorry if it's a repeat.

As you can see, 50% of that bullshit is simply Blizzard UI and Pitbull folder spam.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

I tried downloading the addon, but it wouldn't allow me ? It gave me a HTTP error.

Trying to figure out which one eliminated your red error text (too far away, ability is not ready yet, etc). I used to use roguespam but curse doesn't even have the old version anymore...hate to be a bug with silly questions but I've tried looking it up myself and am hitting brick walls :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    Trying to figure out which one eliminated your red error text (too far away, ability is not ready yet, etc). I used to use roguespam but curse doesn't even have the old version anymore...hate to be a bug with silly questions but I've tried looking it up myself and am hitting brick walls :P
    error redirect 2

Quote Originally Posted by Aggromatic View Post
    I tried downloading the addon, but it wouldn't allow me ? It gave me a HTTP error.
    Do you mean you tried to download this UI compilation? It works fine. Go to the first post, click download.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Yes I did try to download it but it gave me this error:

Quote Originally Posted by Aggromatic View Post
    Yes I did try to download it but it gave me this error:
    Did you get yourself banned from filefront somehow?

XavUI.rar - FileFront.com
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    Did you get yourself banned from filefront somehow?

XavUI.rar - FileFront.com
    yeah I tried that link, and no I didn't this is my first time using filefront in some time.

Maybe it's because I'm using internet download manager ?

EDIT : I got it to work, but was wondering how do I move these buff bars out of the way ?
    Last edited by Aggromatic; 01-01-2009 at 05:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread