+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Xav's UI

Probably. Honestly, I've fiddled like none whatsoever with sRaid, I've had the same general layout on my characters since he first came out with the mod, which was back in the Naxx days :X

I don't know about range checking though, my range check is off of shading, if the person is out of range their raid frame is dim, if they're in range, it's bright. So that can probably be changed.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Love the UI, but its probably not for me so I just want to steal some from you lol.

Any chance you can let us know what settings you have to change on ghostpulse to make it only show S&B, Conc Blow and Shield Block?

Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Your UI looks mint Xav, thanks for posting.

I just noticed that you're using Visor2.
    As the latest maintainer, I'm glad to see it being utilized by a well-known compilation.

woo, not only do we have blizz devs, we have addon developers too! go go tankspot =P

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Sorry pretty new to warrior so looking for any advantage I can get for tanking. Love the UI but having a few problems. Can't set font, /sct menu isn't recognized. Nothing with /sct is.

Also having visor problems, apparently you need a degree to change any settings. I want to move my action bar off of my chat window but no commands seam to do any thing, can't bring up a config window and /visor2 help just brings up a random list of letter that mean nothing to me.

How do I bring up a config menu so I can relocate bars?

Also, I had to re-enable my 2 action bars as I need the visual queue for that many skills, I was missing the center bar you have so I'm using those. Imagine it's going to be a problem grouping, it will be on top of the other players health bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Amborix View Post
    Sorry pretty new to warrior so looking for any advantage I can get for tanking. Love the UI but having a few problems. Can't set font, /sct menu isn't recognized. Nothing with /sct is.

Also having visor problems, apparently you need a degree to change any settings. I want to move my action bar off of my chat window but no commands seam to do any thing, can't bring up a config window and /visor2 help just brings up a random list of letter that mean nothing to me.

Also, I had to re-enable my 2 action bars as I need the visual queue for that many skills, I was missing the center bar you have so I'm using those. Imagine it's going to be a problem grouping, it will be on top of the other players health bars.
    Xav may have switched to Mik's Scrolling Battle Text..they look the same to me in SS's so try it.

/MSBT

Quote Originally Posted by Amborix View Post

I'm not sure I included SCT in the compilation. It turns out I didn't include a couple mods I should have, however I wont have any time to get a new compilation uploaded for a few weeks - this week is going to be busy, and then wrath is being released, and I'll be even busier.

As for moving your action bar, type /bar and then simply unlock the bars (top left), then you can drag them around.

As for Visor2, that is a good observation. Something happened, and now the gui is no longer implemented. I am absolutely boggled as to what happened, because the day I uploaded my newest UI here the /visor2 gui toggle command worked and displayed the interface. Now, that doesn't work at all... but, I don't think you'll need to use Visor2 at least to move the bars you want to move.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Another author created the GUI for Visor, which a separate mod entirely. I don't use it, so I can't comment on that, but will download it one evening and experiment with it. How long ago did the GUI last work for you, Xav?

On a non-GUI note - I do agree there's a bit of a learning curve with the slash commands, but they're pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it.

As a very brief tutorial:

One very helpful (almost required) tip for using Visor w/o the GUI is to set up the keybindings for the frame selector and the nudge directions. These can be found under the standard Blizzard keybind menu, near the very bottom. The frame selector will attempt to find the top level frame under your mouse cursor and set that to the active frame that Visor is operating on (I use CTRL+NUMPAD0). The 4 nudge keys will slide the frame around your screen based on the current nudge distance (I use CTRL+ARROWKEYS).

As an example of how to make settings changes with the text commands, you can adjust the nudge distance by which the keybinds will move your active frame. For example:

/vz set n=10

This will cause the frame to move 10 pixels in the desired direction whenever you press that direction's nudge key.

One important thing to understand is that at any time, there is (1) frame that is "active" and receiving modification commands from Visor. You make a frame "active" by using the selector keybind while your mouse is over that frame, or if you know its name, you can use the command:

/vz set f=<FrameName>

For example:
    /vz set f=PlayerFrame

An example of this would be if you wanted to change a frame's scale (size).
    You would first make your player frame active for Visor commands. Then, to change its size, you'd use the following command while it's the active frame:

/vz set s=1.5

This will make it 150% of it's default size.

All of the "/vz set" commands are covered in the in-game help.

To see all of the current settings on a frame, you'd type:

/vz detail <FrameName>

The other more powerful set commands such as anchoring, parenting and direct x/y offsets are a bit more complex, but can be learned with reading the help sections and experimenting a bit.

One thing I've yet to find online, and wish I could, is a comprehensive list of FrameNames for all of the default blizzard UI frames. The frame finder keybinding is only marginally useful in that it can't "drill down" into complex frame structures to find the names of the child frames.

So all in all, the mod has its limitations in exchange for being extremely lightweight and resilient to Blizzard's UI changes over the years. The only change I've had to make since TBC launch has been to keep the underlying Ace libraries up to date. Again, I can't personally speak for the GUI, but I'll experiment a bit with it.
    Last edited by Tengaaris; 11-10-2008 at 04:16 PM.

That's pretty complicated for the average user, though! The GUI was really nice and easy to use. It was working as recently as like 2 weeks ago, I was using it since the 3.0 patch just fine. I'm not sure what happened to cause the gui command to become unrecognized, even with me still having the mod installed.
    Last edited by Xav; 11-10-2008 at 06:54 PM.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

I got Visor2 gui working by editing the toc version to 30000, I have no idea if that actually caused it to work or if it was a coincidence =X
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Just a quick question, is your UI zip still up?

I seem to be having trouble downloading it

Quote Originally Posted by Cildesana View Post
    Just a quick question, is your UI zip still up?

I seem to be having trouble downloading it
    yes just tested, working fine
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

From: Visor2 GUI : WoWInterface Downloads : Plug-Ins & Patches

/vzg toggle works with the UI I downloaded from you Xav, to open the Visor2 GUI

I can't for the life of me figure out how move Smarty..very annoying. Any ideas? :P

I also cannot view the world map on the bottom right corner, and the top left combat log is stuck outside my window, so I can't close it.

edit: at certain points my entire screen flashes with the minimap, it's stretched and takes up the whole screen - how annoying..probably part of the same problem as why it won't show up in the corner.
    Last edited by clavarnway; 11-13-2008 at 05:42 AM.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...308_055642.jpg

In the top left where the arrow is pointing, I can't figure out how to move that combat log.

In the center bottom, I can't move Smarty - I want it more to the left.

In the bottom right, where there is nothing, Squeenix is supposed to be working and showing a square minimap.

Help?

edit: Updating Squeenix worked, but I already have the most recent version of Smarty, at least the same one that's on the Wowinterface and Death and Taxes site.

edit: I don't know what I did but it moved the top left window where I could edit it.

edit: I still have no idea how to move Smarty.

edit: Apparently there are certain places you can click on Smarty using the Visor2 GUI that lets you move it, so I got that done.

BUT Squeenix is broke again, and I don't know WTF why.

Also Omen is broke now, reinstalled still broke, so some other component is messing with it.

This is what Omen looks like, and getting in combat/in raid/in party doesn't change it .

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...308_080551.jpg

See that mess in the middle of the screen? That's Omen.

edit: I cleared settings on Visor2 and then everything worked! So just be warned, Visor2 is like removing things in Firefox with RemoveItPermanently..be careful what you click or else you'll regret it! :P
    Last edited by clavarnway; 11-13-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Yea, visor2 can do some awkward stuff, it's definitely a volatile mod if you aren't very experienced with it. Sorry for not replying, I was hiding in a cave since wednesday night and didn't do anything but play wow. Surprising, right?
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    Ok. My screen looked the same as yours when I logged in. Here's what you have to do:

Log in, type /bar, click on "Profiles" on the bottom left. From the "Existing Profiles" drop down menu, choose Xavastrasz - Alleria. (You also get to see the names of my other characters/servers, because I was lazy and didn't edit that out oh noes)
    i do that but dont find ur profile

XAV

hi there tried dllding ur link from filefront not able to dlld will it be possible for u link it some where its more easier to dlld . ty .

+ Reply to Thread