+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Xav's UI

just finished watching your yogg 0 keepers video (BIG UPS btw) and i was wondering what that addon was that tracked the skills you used and when they were about to pop back up from cool down. it was kinda sitting on a timeline that moved down...did that make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by fiftyspellpower View Post
    just finished watching your yogg 0 keepers video (BIG UPS btw) and i was wondering what that addon was that tracked the skills you used and when they were about to pop back up from cool down. it was kinda sitting on a timeline that moved down...did that make any sense?
    I believe it's either CoolLine or ForteXorcist
    <Rak> shouldnt you be sleeping
    <Rak> its early afternoon

Xav what boss mod are you using in your Alone in the Dark Vid?
    Last edited by Benjen; 07-20-2009 at 07:40 PM.

Edit: I found what was wrong

Another question. What is the mod that is watching vigilance?

Quote Originally Posted by Bragoon View Post
    Another question. What is the mod that is watching vigilance?
    I use Yatba for it. There's a "Vigilance tracking" mod out now, it was posted on tankspot a while ago. Seems like it's an excellent replacement. I'll likely be keeping Yatba for mine simply because I use it for a few other minor things (rend tracking, tracking beacon/SS on my paladin).

I'll actually update my UI compilation file today. It still works beautifully in 3.2 - all I had to do is "Enable outdated addons" and everything worked.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Yeah, i've been using your UI the past week or so, and it just runs a lot smoother than all the other UIs I use. (using only like 20 MBs) My only problem was that I had scaled the UI diffrently because I didn't like everything that big, and the vigilance tracker was sitting right ontop of my bar! Thanks for the response!

P.s. enjoyed the interview with totalbiscuit :P

Finally updated. Sorry, got lots of requests the past week to update it, and I was still in the process of changing a few things.

What I have now should work well. Couple of minor changes. Fairly accurate screenshots, minor aesthetic differences (the new msbt coloring, and some minor pitbull frame text differences I think)

XavUI.rar
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

As usual.
    User error!
    Edit: epic yogg macro
    Last edited by Bragoon; 08-19-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Just an FYI - I just downloaded the latest version, and upon logging in, found two custom chat channels, that looked like they were custom guild channels. I saw something in the thread earlier about people being able to access channels they shouldn't have been able to. I didn't know if that would happen again with the update or not, but I thought you should know.
    Last edited by Mhoram; 09-03-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Hi Xav, I'd like to know what addon are you using for the mob nameplates and if using that addon of yours it was possible to colour the health bar differently according to the aggro you have on the mobs (like a red bar if the mob is on you and a yellow or whatever color if the mob is not attacking you).

Quote Originally Posted by Eries View Post
    Hi Xav, I'd like to know what addon are you using for the mob nameplates and if using that addon of yours it was possible to colour the health bar differently according to the aggro you have on the mobs (like a red bar if the mob is on you and a yellow or whatever color if the mob is not attacking you).
    I believe that is aloft. It takes awhile to set-up, but most people find it worth the effort.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Hi, nice UI!
    One question, are you using bigwigs or dbm, because I cant find neither of them in the addon folder?! Or is there another raid warning addon I dont know?

Thanks for the win UI - Xav. I did a bit of tinkering here and there (mainly me preferring Dominos to Bartender) and got something that, to me, looks great for a tank and plays great (even if Recount decided to OMNOM my memory halfway through tonights raid.) However I had a query - Your boss buffs/debuffs are pretty tiny (on mobs) - do you use anything specific for tracking such things on other players/your focous (example Gormok's impale on the other tank) or do you just use your raid frames (which I've alas, changed to Grid)?
    Last edited by Solasun; 10-13-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Formatting was a off

FYI, Forte was missing a dependency in that package, I had to re-download it from Curse. Works fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Xav, have you recieved any problems with 3.3
    I was getting the 132 critical error, and with the removing of all addons it no longer happened.

Download Link

Updated 12/23/09 Wrath - 3.3 Compatible

Designed for Widescreen 1680x1050, no guarantees it will look right at all on a different size.

Updated UI/download on 12/23/09 - Changes:

- Switched to Tidy Plates rather than Aloft
    - No more S&B notifier, no acceptable mod for it currently

Inside of the UI I have some mods built in that are NOT essential, but are SO very good that I included them because that's how good they are. This includes:

- BaudMark [raid symbol marking]
    - RatingBuster [converts ratings/raw stats into actual gained attribute values]
    - SpellBinder [lets you keybind anything via a GUI interface, without needing to drag things to bars first]
    - Auracle [debuff tracking]
    - Obituary [prints deaths in your log with the last 3 things that killed them]
    - Recount [dmg meter/healing/details, disabled by default]

Download Link

---

Installation

Quick way: Back up your own AddOns and WTF folders. Then, extract mine that you downloaded in place of yours. Then open the WTF folder and rename everthing to match your own.

Long, thoroughly explained way

This is a .zip file. Inside are two folders, "AddOns" and "WTF"
    First, extract the folder XavUi.zip somewhere unimportant, like your desktop.
    Then, open up that new folder, XavUi. Inside will be the two folders I just listed. Open AddOns. Select the entire contents of that folder, and Copy them.

Then, navigate over to your own AddOns folder, go inside, and Paste in all of my own mods. This may take a short while - you will most likely have to overwrite some files. However, as of posting this updated version on 12/23/09, all of my mod versions are the newest working versions available, double-checked before I compiled. So, overwriting should be fine.

Once done with AddOns, open up the folder "XavUI" on your desktop again, and this time open "WTF". Open the next folder, "Account". Open the next folder, "YourAccountName"

Two folders will be in there now. Open "SavedVariables", select every file in there, and hit Copy. Then, go into your own SavedVariables folder (Remember, it will be \wow\WTF\Account\youraccountname\SavedVariables\ and paste in all of my variables you copied.

Then, go back and open "YourServerName", then "YourCharacterName", then the "SavedVariables" folder in there, and once again, copy the contents, and paste it into that same directory of your own. \Account\YourAccountName\YourServerName\YourCharac terName\SavedVariables\

If your UI is all screwed up when you log in, (it probably will be), do this:

Log in, type /bar, click on "Profiles" on the bottom left. From the "Existing Profiles" drop down menu, choose Xav - Sen'jin. (You also get to see the names of my other characters/servers, because I was lazy and didn't edit that out oh noes)

Then uncheck "lock" on the top left, and re-check it, locking stuff again.

You will also have to type
    /yatba
    /pb
    /omen
    /sbf
    etc, and load my profiles there, too.

That should be it, everything else worked for me.

Any questions, ask.
    Last edited by Xav; 12-23-2009 at 01:05 AM.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

I'll have better raid pictures tomorrow, didn't actually take any that were remotely decent since I wasn't planning on updating this, but yeah got another request so figured why not!
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Xav wheres youre config in the WTF folder?

OK, updated with some minor changes. New screenshots. No more auto joining channels that have nothing to do with you (I think), and no more health text on nameplates.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

+ Reply to Thread