+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Xav's UI

Xav's UI

Download Link

Updated 10/14/10 Cataclysm - 4.0 Compatible

Designed for Widescreen 1920x1080, no guarantees it will look right at all on a different size.

More information here: http://www.premoguild.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6077

Updated UI/download on 10/14/10 - Changes:

- Using Dominos as my main bar set
    - The main bar doesn't use the "3" key, so it skips, 1, 2, _, 4, 5, 6, 7, R, Z, F
    - The "3" key is another bar overlayed in that spot so it matches up to where the empty "3" would be on the main bar. On this second bar I have Cleave and Heroic Strike, and I toggle between them on another key (shift/control ~, doesn't matter which I push) that way either ability is comfortable to mash. If you get into the Abomination, or some vehicle, it will be massively fucked up because of this, and you pretty much wont be able to use the ability at all if you're in combat, if they have an ability on the main bar's "3" spot.
    - If this sounds awful, just get rid of that extra bar and set up the bars you like, and use the rest of the UI
    - I am using Blizzard buff frames so I can click off buffs, and they're modified a bit using MoveAnything. I am using Satrina's debuff frames so I can get them to grow vertically downwards. If you decide to right click the debuff you'll still get that error, but there's no reason to right click a debuff anyways. This is the best emulation of normal looking buff frames I could achieve, because they changed how it works. This is a modified version of Satrina's (minor lua edits).
    - I use BindPad to bind a ton of things you don't see on screen.
    - Blizzard standard frames
    - Minor other changes

Download Link

---

Installation

Quick way: Back up your own AddOns and WTF folders. Then, extract mine that you downloaded in place of yours. Then open the WTF folder and rename everthing to match your own.

Long, thoroughly explained way

This is a .rar file. Inside are two folders, "Interface/AddOns" and "WTF"
    First, extract the folder XavUi.zip somewhere unimportant, like your desktop.
    Then, open up that new folder, XavUi. Inside will be the two folders I just listed. Open AddOns. Select the entire contents of that folder, and Copy them.

Then, navigate over to your own AddOns folder, go inside, and Paste in all of my own mods. This may take a short while - you will most likely have to overwrite some files. However, as of posting this updated version on 10/14/10, all of my mod versions are the newest working versions available, double-checked before I compiled. So, overwriting should be fine.

Once done with AddOns, open up the folder "XavUI" on your desktop again, and this time open "WTF". Open the next folder, "Account". Open the next folder, "YourAccountName"

Two folders will be in there now. Open "SavedVariables", select every file in there, and hit Copy. Then, go into your own SavedVariables folder (Remember, it will be \wow\WTF\Account\youraccountname\SavedVariables\ and paste in all of my variables you copied.

Then, go back and open "YourServerName", then "YourCharacterName", then the "SavedVariables" folder in there, and once again, copy the contents, and paste it into that same directory of your own. \Account\YourAccountName\YourServerName\YourCharac terName\SavedVariables\

If your UI is all screwed up when you log in, (it probably will be), do this:

Log in, type /bar, click on "Profiles" on the bottom left. From the "Existing Profiles" drop down menu, choose Xav - Sen'jin. (You also get to see the names of my other characters/servers, because I was lazy and didn't edit that out oh noes)

Then uncheck "lock" on the top left, and re-check it, locking stuff again.

You will also have to type
    /pb
    /omen
    /sbf
    etc, and load my profiles there, too.

That should be it, everything else worked for me.

Any questions, ask.
    Last edited by Xav; 10-14-2010 at 09:57 PM.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

What's that debuff addon you have there to the left of omen?

That would be Smarty Addon: Smarty - Death & Taxes - Home of Larry the Fairy

I used to use Demon, which was text based, but Smarty is more versatile and provides more info. Smarty can't be resized manually the best (there's a limit to how small it lets you make it), but with another addon (Visor2 is what I use to fine-tune all elements of the UI), you can make it nice and small and snug inbetween 2 windows or whatnot, like I've done.

Luxx is going to update it eventually and add an option to hide the "border" around Smarty once you lock it, so that it looks slightly more aesthetically pleasing.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Why are screen shots always so small for me? Everyone else's reply leads me to believe this is a problem on my end.
    I'm the guy that does his job. You must be the other guy.

Click on them, then click the enlarge button in the bottom right.

Direct links are here

http://www.theoryspot.com/photoplog/...49/1_uiooc.jpg

http://www.theoryspot.com/photoplog/...9/1_uicom2.jpg

http://www.theoryspot.com/photoplog/...9/1_uicom1.jpg

10/23/08 edit - these are old pictures, but I'll leave them in if people are curious.
    Last edited by Xav; 10-22-2008 at 10:27 PM.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Thanks for the direct link. I opened it up in IE and it worked as it was supposed to. That was odd because I tried both IE and Firefox in the UI channel and it didn't work there before. Works now though. Might have been IE 5 or 6.
    I'm the guy that does his job. You must be the other guy.

10/23/08 - these are old pictures (from an old update), but I'll leave them in for people who are curious
    Last edited by Xav; 10-22-2008 at 10:27 PM.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Indeed, a beautiful UI!! I'd be very happy to have my UI configured in a similar way. When I downloaded your UI and extracted it to my main wow folder (the addons folder to the Interface folder ofc) and changed all the WTF subfolders' names after logging in I noticed most of the addons were out of date. I did a quick wowace update but still most of the addons were "out of date" according to wow. I loaded out of date addons and then It was chaos. Really, something went wrong :P It's like all the addons were reset and I had a bunch of randomness on my screen :P Are you sure you did it right? =) Also, would there be any way for us standard 1280*1024 users to get this working? I.e. what addons are doing what? and how did you configure them? Besides the obvious positioning that is.

Thank you!

Need a better description than "Chaos" as to what went wrong, a screenshot or two would be useful.

Nothing is configured "special" other than the layout designed for widescreen, which is simply mod placement.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

When using a package UI never, EVER update all addon's at once. Some will reset, some might not work at all.

Try again, even if all the addon's say that are "out of Date" just clicj Load out of date addon's and login, If your having the same problem still make sure you res is as close to the original res as possible.

Still problems? Scale back the UI scale to its minimum to see if that helps at all. Still problems, take a couple of screenshots to better describe what you are seeing.

General Rule of thumb, Keep important addons such as OMEN, Recount etc updated, otherwise, if everything else still works, then leavve it as it is.

Thanks for the help! This is how it looks (I didn't update anything, just loaded out of date add ons). Btw, I'm not sure if you're supposed to write in capitals in the WTF subfolders, I just wrote "Fitz", "Tarren Mill", and "Fitz". Anyway:

And when I scaled it down:

Hm, odd. It looks like all the mods' saved variables didn't copy over, I'll upload a hopefully fixed version in a day or so, going to be rather busy for the next day, possibly two, with a sunwell gate being opened and all.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Good luck with the new encounter.
    And about your UI, just take your time, generally when people rush things something always get messed out.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Thanks for the update Xav, I love your UI, it has worked wonderful for me for tanking, keep up the good work. And thanks a ton
    Last edited by Ozziefudd; 04-10-2008 at 01:36 PM.

I really like that addon 'Smarty', trying to get it to work as we speak.

Having issues though, for some reason only two buttons will show. I have added about 5 debuffs I want to show and they are all working, but instead of getting more windows/buttons once I apply more debuffs it just overrides the one I had earlier (since only 2 buttons/windows are showing and only one for the actual debuff).

Where do I change so more can be showed at the same time? Noticed you had 8 windows with debuffs.

Hope this made any sense

Updated this. Had a couple people ask for it, and I've been lazy, but finally got it done. Should work, let me know if there's any issues - remember, follow the same typical directions that are used in any UI compiliation. I forget how thorough my step-by-step process is, but I'm sure FB or that other guy have it really thorough if you need more help.

Sloppy KJ kill, no, that wasn't our first (since our video is of the first..), but somehow we managed to barely kill him while playing terribly.

Mods/things that changed: I use oRA2 now, and RaidCooldowns, as well as CowTip. The weird borders/colors and shit in this screenshot are due to the environment/animation, not part of my UI.
    See my first (original) post in this thread for DL links, etc.

10/23/08 edit, old pictures, from an old update, but going to keep them in for people who are curious
    Last edited by Xav; 10-22-2008 at 10:28 PM.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

CowTip is so great. RaidCooldowns looks really interesting. I've never seen that one before, will definitely look into it.

Your UI is sweet. Thanks for posting it. I'm curious to know which addon your using on the chat box. Here's a cut out I stole off of your screen to show you what I'm asking about. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Your UI is sweet. Thanks for posting it. I'm curious to know which addon your using on the chat box. Here's a cut out I stole off of your screen to show you what I'm asking about. Thanks again.

Prat I believe.

+ Reply to Thread