+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Xav's UI

Quote Originally Posted by wyzzy View Post
    2.How to hide the party frames while in a raid and how to set focus target?
    there is an option in the Interface -> party/raid where you can simply hide your group while being in a raid
    3.How do I put the combat log like yours on the top left?
    right click on "general" on your chat window -> select "unlock window" -> click on "combat" drag and drop the combatlog -> lock the window again
    4.How do you do if you have to use Charge, Challenging Shout, Intervene, Concussive Blow, Last Stand, Berserker Rage, Bloodrage, Heroic Throw, etc :s? (Curious since I don't see them in the bars)
    xav uses the addon Spellbinder that allows you to bind them in your spellbook
    6.How do I hide Recount in raid too btw?
    use the recount config (the gear wheel) and in one of the registers you can choose when you want to hide or show your recount (e.g. being solo, being in a grop and so on)
    Thanks a lot.

PS: Do you have FPS problems with this UI?
    I'm sure he has not.
    If problems occured with the UI that didn't occure earlier, you should either deselect some addons or reduce your video effects.

good luck

My questions are:
    1. I always get an error on simpleMinimap everytime I login saying something of the QuestWatch_update is not a function?
    2.How to hide the party frames while in a raid and how to set focus target?
    3.How do I put the combat log like yours on the top left?
    4.How do you do if you have to use Charge, Challenging Shout, Intervene, Concussive Blow, Last Stand, Berserker Rage, Bloodrage, Heroic Throw, etc :s? (Curious since I don't see them in the bars)
    5.Which macros are you using? I see some shield block and bash macro (curious again)
    6.How do I hide Recount in raid too btw?

Thanks a lot.

PS: Do you have FPS problems with this UI?
    Trond answered most, but anyway:

1) This was answered a couple of posts ago, scroll up/back a page or two
    2) That's in the Pitbull options somehow (it's also advised you update to the latest version of pitbull). A focus target is globally set in WoW by typing /focus (or making /focus a macro and binding it)
    3) Unlock, drag, lock
    4) Indeed, spellbinder, dozens of hidden keybinds.
    5) Charge/Shield bash combine macro, Intercept/Devastate combine macro, shield block macro used to just activate my monarch crab when I hit shield block, but I don't use it anymore.
    6) Close the window, or disable recount on your login screen (it's rather resource intensive)

FPS problems, no, my computer's pretty good
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Thanks a lot for the clarifications.
    Just have a last question, what are those bash/charge intercept/devaste macros?

Thanks a lot for the clarifications.
    Just have a last question, what are those bash/charge intercept/devaste macros?
    Cast shield bash
    Cast charge

Cast devastate
    Cast intercept
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

The URL is toasted
    Last edited by Casz; 05-19-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Chizari View Post
    Cant download your URL
    fixed
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Maybe I meant your UI isnt downloadable or URL is toasted.... Had some stress resetting keybinding last night before raid

Thanks for fixing it.

When i got to load your profile on bartender it wont show your profile

Hey quick Q: What's this thing in the middle of my screen? x_X

thanks!

edit: the little grey thing next to the dinosaur...

That looks like the default location for Auracle. There should be another profile that sets it in the right place.

hmmm yup it's auracle... dunno how to get rid of the window though and loading the xavastria profile doesn't help

I don't think Auracle properly supports profiles yet, it never seems to have in all my experiences (annoying, I know).

May have to set it up manually :/
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

I didn't have any problems with the profiles when I used it (from your UI). I even moved things around and made my own profile, and it still worked fine.

Maybe delete the Auracle folder from Interface/Addons and install a fresh download? And delete the saved variables and recopy them as well? Might work.

I'm sure this is pretty easy, but my brain is just not working tonight.

With the cooldownwatch addon, you have abilities spaced out from each other in pseudo-groups it seems (charge/intercept further down on the list from revenge/shield block for example). How are you achieving this?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyrr View Post
    I'm sure this is pretty easy, but my brain is just not working tonight.

With the cooldownwatch addon, you have abilities spaced out from each other in pseudo-groups it seems (charge/intercept further down on the list from revenge/shield block for example). How are you achieving this?
    I'm not. They just have longer cooldowns, so they will be on the screen longer. If I use 10 abilities with a cooldown before hitting a long-ish one, they'll all refresh and disappear before the others do.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    I'm not. They just have longer cooldowns, so they will be on the screen longer. If I use 10 abilities with a cooldown before hitting a long-ish one, they'll all refresh and disappear before the others do.
    I was definitely described that wrong. I was thinking more along the lines of how you have blank space between CD's (ala: this).

Quote Originally Posted by Freyrr View Post
    I was definitely described that wrong. I was thinking more along the lines of how you have blank space between CD's (ala: this).
    Yeah, my response still applies to this.

Example:

Shield Bash, Taunt, Revenge, Shield Block, Intervene are all used or something.

10 seconds (Shield Bash)
    8 seconds (taunt)
    4 seconds (revenge)
    40 seconds (shield block)

Then I use say Thunderclap and Shield Slam

5 seconds (Shield Bash)
    3 seconds (taunt)
    37 seconds (shield block)
    4 seconds (thunderclap)
    3 seconds (Shield Slam)

Moments later I use Charge, but Thunderclap and Shield Slam come off cooldown right after. It will look like this

4 seconds
    6seconds
    3 seconds
    33 seconds
    (thunderclap expired)
    (shield slam expired)
    15 seconds (charge)

Sorry if the explanation sucks and the times don't make sense, but I hope you understand now.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Yeah, that makes more sense now. I was just hoping that having 'blank' spacers was possible

Thanks for the explanation

Freyrr, I've also found the gaps to appear when you have abilities that are spec specific (like Mortal strike for an arms spec or devastate for prot spec) tracked by cooldownwatch while not in that spec. The gaps are left between abilities you've used, and abilities you don't actually have in your current spec, but maintaining the order you set up in the configuration mode.

In the screen shot you posted Freyrr, charge is a base talent so it's always going to show up, then there are two gaps before intervene. But if you look at the timing, he used charge a second after he used intervene, while taunt, shield slam, and shield block all got used in the same second that the picture was taken. This leads me to believe that the order is set in the configuration of cooldownwatch and isn't sorted by first used, last used, or time remaining (although if I remember correctly, you can set it up to sort by time remaining).

To fix this, I had to do some altering of the display in cooldownwatch every time I changed specs (I had to turn on the "use spell name" and then turn it back off). This aggravated me and I have since switched to ForteXorcist and disabled all of the functionality except the cooldown timer. It's a bar that graphically shows the image of the ability sliding towards zero and then pulses the image when it is ready. It is a single bar for all of your cooldowns, this saved on space and the distance my eyes had to travel to gather the same information as using cooldownwatch.

how do i change the ghost pulse flashes??

+ Reply to Thread