+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Xav's UI

Which is which

Hey boss, i used your UI and was wondering if you could tell me who in the raid was messing up? Like who gets hit by the lava wave in 25 OS, or the dance in NAXX.

Quote Originally Posted by HipnoToad View Post
    Hey boss, i used your UI and was wondering if you could tell me who in the raid was messing up? Like who gets hit by the lava wave in 25 OS, or the dance in NAXX.
    You mean, the mod that announces that? I think it's Failbot, the name may have changed, but try that
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Wich addon do you use for the raid health bars??? is it just the one pitbull's got?

Updated, this will work for 3.1 that is coming, and is currently on the PTR's.

Added/changed a couple of small things, general design of the UI is the same. I eliminated my ToToT frame and moved Omen a bit, but that's minor.

The UI is still compact, hides a lot of unnecessary stuff, and allows for maximum viewable screen area while providing tons of useful information.

XavUI.zip 4/5/09 Download
    Last edited by Xav; 04-08-2009 at 10:35 PM.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Temporarily removed UI from download while I resolve an unforeseen problem. It'll be fixed and downloadable later. Sorry.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Ok. Links all fixed. Should also not be dumping you in my guild's channels when you first start up and stuff. Some mods are disabled by default I think? Anyhow, this is the full compilation.

Download link in original post.

Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

What are you using for your raid frames and how do I stop it? I did a little of my own rearranging of bitbull and bartender and when I was in a raid again I noticed that all the old raid frames were unchanged (your raid setup) and the new configured raid frames I did with pitbull were also there. So now its just a pile of players frames and impossible to make heads of tails of. I know I could disable my own but yours are a little different than what I prefer.

My raid frames would be, cryptically enough, sRaidFrames that you see on your addon list!
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Great UI, Ive been forever trying to figure out those MT frames to only realize its part of my ORA2.../facepalm

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting an error message every time they try tracking achievements with this UI? I was using your pre-3.1 UI and I had no problems, but I have a new computer so I downloaded your current one. Now every time I try to track an achievement it gives the error "You don't have anymore space to track any more objectives, stop tracking some first." Is this just my WoW being retarded or me by overlooking something?

I think quests and achievement tracking share a slot so if you have 5 quests tracked it would give you that message.

If you do not have any quests tracked I have no idea. Have yet to update to it since 3.1 because I moved to much stuff around and I have not had the time to set it up properly but I can tell you the pre 3.1 version does not give me this error

It wasn't giving me the error with the old version, and I made sure I wasn't tracking any quests (disabled auto-quest tracking in the game menu and triple-checked to make sure none were tracking) and it is still giving me the error.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

it has to do with the map being on the bottom
    to fix it, move your map to the top, and enable the blizzard quest tracker thinger in objective tracking. drag it to the middle of the screen, then move the map back to the bottom, and finally move the objective tracker to where you want it (probably above the map). that's what i had to do to fix it
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

I tried what you suggested and it didn't fix it. I even disabled simple mini map and no luck. I finally just disabled all add-ons, using the bone stock WoW UI, and it is still giving me the same error. I'm going to try loading my old WTF since it's the only other thing I can think of still causing this.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    I tried what you suggested and it didn't fix it. I even disabled simple mini map and no luck. I finally just disabled all add-ons, using the bone stock WoW UI, and it is still giving me the same error. I'm going to try loading my old WTF since it's the only other thing I can think of still causing this.
    Uncheck all of the boxes in the blizzard objective area.
    Move minimap towards the top.
    Enable the checkboxes in the blizzard objective area (this should get it to show up)
    drag tracker somewhere not on the bottom
    Move minimap back to bottom
    Drag tracker somewhere more appropriate
    Lock settings/disable mouse-over thingy in blizzard objective area

that's what I did.
    However I ended up switching to chinchilla for my map mod or something like that, but I think what I said should work.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Ah, got it. It finally popped up asking after re-checking the boxes if I was sure since it would wipe the settings. I hit yes and the box showed up. I guess I unchecked the settings after I moved the map from the bottom to the top when I tried earlier. Thanks Xav, you rock!
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Xav,

I see for example that you can't read the full name of your target, don't you have any issues with this in for example targeting a named mob X in a big group?

Quote Originally Posted by Justinp View Post
    Xav,

I see for example that you can't read the full name of your target, don't you have any issues with this in for example targeting a named mob X in a big group?
    Never, I physically look at the mob on the screen to make sure it's the right one.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

First of all just would like to say your UI looks really good, but somehow I cannot reproduce it.
    First of all here is the result:

My questions are:
    1. I always get an error on simpleMinimap everytime I login saying something of the QuestWatch_update is not a function?
    2.How to hide the party frames while in a raid and how to set focus target?
    3.How do I put the combat log like yours on the top left?
    4.How do you do if you have to use Charge, Challenging Shout, Intervene, Concussive Blow, Last Stand, Berserker Rage, Bloodrage, Heroic Throw, etc :s? (Curious since I don't see them in the bars)
    5.Which macros are you using? I see some shield block and bash macro (curious again)
    6.How do I hide Recount in raid too btw?

Thanks a lot.

PS: Do you have FPS problems with this UI?
    Last edited by wyzzy; 05-12-2009 at 09:25 AM.

I got the latest Pitbull4 here:

WoW AddOns - PitBull Unit Frames 4.0 - WowAce.com

+ Reply to Thread