+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Xav's UI

looks like none of the saved variables copied over, going to assume you did it wrong unfortunately

make sure you extracted the wtf folder properly with the renamed directories and so forth
    Last edited by Xav; 10-23-2008 at 08:28 AM.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Well, I don't know what could be happening, because I am looking at the folders in my application directory, and everything is as it should be. I can see all the .bak files and such, just as they are in your "XavUI" downloaded folder, and all pertinent files have been renamed. I've even tried completely re-doing the whole setup process after deleting my previous "Interface" and "WTF" folders and starting from scratch. Gosh, I really don't know. I have two different WoW application folders because I occasionally "dual-box," but I have everything changed in both locations, each one pertaining to the right characters and such...

...I don't suppose it makes any difference that I am using a mac...
    Last edited by Karius; 10-23-2008 at 09:16 AM.
    <> Karius of Khadgar <>
    Level 80 Protection Warrior

I'll try it myself when I get home later and see if I get the same problem.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Quote Originally Posted by Karius View Post
    OK, I think this should work. I guess we'll see. Let me know what you think...

Oh, also, I saw some other stuff, like the tooltip appearing directly underneath the cursor when mousing over objects so as to make it unreadable. Anyway, I do appreciate any help you can give; I'd love to give this UI a try.
    Looks like you need to load out of date addons and go through some of the addons options and change the profiles to "Xavastasz - Alleria".

You can /cowtip to change the positions of the the tooltips

hey xav, your pre 3.0 download had about 7 different folders all slightly different is that fixed with this one.

also last time your SCT options (and as far as i remember SCT has never supported this) did not copy over, any chance of a SS of your settings.

Quote Originally Posted by darksend View Post
    hey xav, your pre 3.0 download had about 7 different folders all slightly different is that fixed with this one.

also last time your SCT options (and as far as i remember SCT has never supported this) did not copy over, any chance of a SS of your settings.
    I don't really know what you're talking about with either of these unfortunately, so you may want to try this one and see what happens. I'm actually about to try it myself right now and see if anything explodes.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

nope, this one doesnt have to folder issue

in your last pre 3.0 compilation, inside the WTF folder there was an extra "your realm name" folder, and depending on which one i actually renamed and used it gave me different configurations (possibly an older one you just forgot to take out)

but with SCT, it just goes to the default settings. SCT has always had a wierd way of saving profiles that doesnt usually let you copy it. For example trying to get SCT to copy my profile to PTR is the reason i got MSBT in the first place. not on my good computer atm so i cant see if sct is actually using your config or not.

Ok. My screen looked the same as yours when I logged in. Here's what you have to do:

Log in, type /bar, click on "Profiles" on the bottom left. From the "Existing Profiles" drop down menu, choose Xavastrasz - Alleria. (You also get to see the names of my other characters/servers, because I was lazy and didn't edit that out oh noes)

Then uncheck "lock" on the top left, and re-check it, locking stuff again.

Then type /rl (to reload the UI), which should get rid of the bugged bars stuck in the middle.

Then go into interface options, Action Bars, and uncheck all the blizzard action bars.

Then type /sct menu
    Click "SCT Profiles", again choose Xavastrasz - Alliance. The font didn't auto choose for me when I did it, but the font I'm using is SCT Adventure. You can choose that from the "SCT Frames" menu in the top right area, for each individual frame button.

That should be it, everything else worked for me.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

i have everything working perfectly except i cannot for the life of me get the combat log to "dock" with the main chat window and every time i log out its position is reset.

having the same problem with squeenix and smarty, every time i reload the position gets reset (with squeenix i can only move the map never the border)

fixed bartender, but clearly there are a lot of hidden options i definatly need to investigate more.

that said if you are using a different resolution simply go into interface options and lower your UI scale and things that might have been off screen should be seen again. apart from the positions reseting every time as noted above i had no scaling issue going from your resolution to 1280x1024
    Last edited by Darksend; 10-23-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Well, your suggestions definitely helped me out (a big thank you from those that have to have things spelled out for them)...

However, I don't know that I will be able to use the UI b/c certain things line up on the screen well, but others, such as the combat log, do not, and I can't reach the top of the window in order to reposition it b/c the tab is off the screen and such. Basically, in order for me to use the compilation, I would have to change a few things about it, and I don't want to do that because it looks amazing as you have it set up...anyway, I may change my mind, but for now, I really appreciate the help you gave me. It IS an amazing UI, btw - I wish it was as good looking on my screen as it is in your screenies...

Also, I really need to get a better mac for once the xpac hits so that I have a bigger screen with better framerates that don't drop in groups and towns...my regular macbook is good, but trying to run a UI comp. pushed it past its visual limits...lol
    <> Karius of Khadgar <>
    Level 80 Protection Warrior

Those of you having issues moving things, it's because the positions are locked and being overridden by Visor. The only way to fix that will be to disable Visor, I believe.

However, it should require no movement of anything if you're using 1680x1050 and want the setup I have. If you're actually having clearly buggy positioning with my UI setup (after you get things working properly with my followup explanation), and you are indeed using 1680x1050 as your resolution, then that's very strange.

All I can suggest is to disable Visor so you can move things, but that may break other stuff. Alternatively, type /visor2gui toggle
    And get used to using Visor, you'll end up loving it. To use, click and hold the "Grab" button at the bottom, mouse over the frame/icon/whatever you want to modify, and release. It should select the frame. If it doesn't, it will show you the Parent frame at the top - and a button to the right that will let you modify the parent frame instead, so you can keep "jumping up" to maybe get what you want in that area. The sliders are for movement amount, scaling, etc etc.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

yea that was it thanks

i disabled visor because thats what was preventing my combat log from docking behind my main chat log and nothing seems broken

one last thing and it should be finished, do you include a boss mod, i dont see one in the folder even though you have it in the screenshot

No, my UI compilation only includes pretty much the essential stuff for the UI to be, well, a UI. Boss mod preference varies by player, I use BigWigs, other people used DBM, etc.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

I'm sorry but functional as the UI may be, I fail to understand why anyone would want to use this in preference to something like this when given the choice.

Functional + looks neat & tidy > functional

I've seen a lot of UI's presented in these forums and various other sources that are probably superb functionally but they look completely half arsed and untidy (like this Firstblood UI for example which to be honest is dreadful). If you are going to create a UI I don't understand why you wouldn't then also make it at least relatively presentable (which this one isn't, it looks awful in my opinion).

For the amount of effort you put into making an awesome UI why on earth wouldn't you go the extra 10% and make it visually appealing & logically organised on screen? You have to look at the damn thing every day after all!

Apologies if that's a rather contraversial post but I really do think some of the much vaunted UI packs on this and other forums are terribly over-rated and in actual fact look half finished.
    Last edited by Wulverin; 10-25-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Um so don't download them?
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

@Wulverin
    I think you miss the point of these UI threads. It's not a beauty pageant. They're not trying to be the prettiest (though I'm sure Xav would leap at the chance to enter his warrior into said pageant). They've made the UIs that they like the most, that work for them. People out there must agree with them because they've requested for these compilations to be posted.

Really, if you don't like their UIs then the simple solution is to just not use them. Besides, mine's the prettiest. :P

People who want to have prettier sleaker sexier UIs, make them themselves, that's why they want it that way, these UI packages are for the average joe who doesn't know how to properly set up their UIs let alone make them pretty, and find that Xav's and Firstblood's UI setups allow them to do a very easy, download, install, and off we go. Not to mention Xav and FB both help with questions regarding the addons since most of these addons either don't come with guides or come with ones that make no sense.

If you don't agree with them that's fine Wulv, that's your choice, but to come into a thread where someone is trying to help others who like their UIs is beyond elitist, it's just downright rude.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Coming into a thread populated by people who are actually using and liking the UI, to bash it? Very poor form.

how do i get my combat log either to appear or am i missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Wulverin View Post
    I'm sorry but functional as the UI may be, I fail to understand why anyone would want to use this in preference to something like this when given the choice.

Functional + looks neat & tidy > functional

I've seen a lot of UI's presented in these forums and various other sources that are probably superb functionally but they look completely half arsed and untidy (like this Firstblood UI for example which to be honest is dreadful). If you are going to create a UI I don't understand why you wouldn't then also make it at least relatively presentable (which this one isn't, it looks awful in my opinion).

For the amount of effort you put into making an awesome UI why on earth wouldn't you go the extra 10% and make it visually appealing & logically organised on screen? You have to look at the damn thing every day after all!

Apologies if that's a rather contraversial post but I really do think some of the much vaunted UI packs on this and other forums are terribly over-rated and in actual fact look half finished.
    <snip>
    A UI is a person's preference. My preference is to not have my UI look ultra sleek and sexy with extra graphics, colors, and tons of extra memory+mods needed just for aesthetic purposes.

I personally think my UI looks great in a live raid, and has minimal extra "crap".

The UI example you linked is what I would call horrible because of the massive amount of extra colors and space and graphics and stuff like that everywhere.

If you don't like the UI, you simply don't download it, and don't comment on it.

Enjoy your UI's that chop a few more FPS off your system's performance and cut your viewing area by an additional 20%, I'll keep mine, thanks.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 10-26-2008 at 01:57 AM. Reason: lets not stoop to their level Xav.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

+ Reply to Thread