+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Xav's UI

Ok, I just have 1 more question :P

So say I just want to copy your pitbull preferences, is there any way I can do that using the files, or can you post your layout so I can copy it? Much thanks

The pitbull layout is part of the UI compilation, assuming you do everything as instructed.
    Designed for 1680x1050
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

If you want to copy his Pitbull preferences, just copy over everything in the UI Compilation>WTF folder that has the word 'Pitbull' in it to the corresponding folders in your WoW directory.

Mmmm Xav when i click on the link u have written it missdirects me to filefront.com Can u please make something :P

Curses; I only have an ancient monitor that's too small to use for this! I'm going to have to see if i can hook my TV up instead, since it's a widescreen =P. I'm looking forward to getting to use your UI (Working)

Quote Originally Posted by Atuan View Post
    Mmmm Xav when i click on the link u have written it missdirects me to filefront.com Can u please make something :P

see first post for updated links (10/23/08)
    Last edited by Xav; 10-22-2008 at 10:25 PM.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

having some trouble setting it up.

specifically the raid frames, pitbull doesnt have raid frames active so i have no idea what they are an how to move them.

also, the bars, how do i set them up, hell i dont even know what bars those are, i dont even know where they are either they just pop up and disapear for no reason.

edit:

where are macros and itemrack sets saved by chance

and can you post your sct options they did not save/copy for some reason
    Last edited by Darksend; 09-27-2008 at 07:17 PM.

i can't download ur UI
    u have other link??

My UI compilation is completely outdated for 3.0.

I have a new one for 3.0 though using different mods and such, so I'll get a new one up sometime soon. However, a few mods are still unstable because of the 3.0 patch changes, and I'm waiting for the 2nd (or more) iterations of them - several haven't been updated since Patch day, and there's still glaring problems. Give it time.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

okok ty ^^
    im wating for
    =P

Anyway, as for my UI, I have everything working now, except I can't get Omen to have completely invisible borders/no title. I don't like the Title of Omen3 and the borders are ugly too, you can't make them completely go away. If anyone finds out how to do that, I'll upload. I might just upload it regardless very soon.
    Last edited by Xav; 10-21-2008 at 02:23 PM.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Take a look at Omen in my UI (Falkor's UI thread). I have no background and no borders and the header that shows indicates the mob I'm on (which I like if I feel like tabbing around for low threat targets).

If that's as you claim, how did you get it like that? I don't see the point in asking the same question in multiple threads if people are patrons in other threads as well.

Hmm it appears it's answered on the omen page already, I'll try this when I get home:

Omen Threat Meter - Addons - Curse
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Yea I just logged in to check and my Omen has no borders and I didn't do anything special for it. I spent ~5 minutes setting it up on patch day. Can't be hard to figure out.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

UI is fully updated now. It's the same layout as my current shown pictures, however using different mods to achieve the same thing. (Mainly, more efficient/newer/actually updated mods!). When I get home later tonight I'll clean up the compilation and only get the stuff in there that people need, and then zip and upload.

I will also have updated screenshots, and a short video showing the one new feature I added, Ghost Pulse auras, for S&B procs, Conc. Blow, and Shockwave.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Updated for 3.0 / Wrath

Designed for Widescreen 1680x1050, no guarantees it will look right at all on a different size.

Updated UI pic in AV, and a screenshot of me in a real raid setting, however, this was BEFORE I revamped my UI, made stuff cleaner, and moved it around, and before I added GhostPulse. This will however give you somewhat of an idea of how it looks in a raid. I will have a truly updated, accurate raid setting of my UI next week. Also, sRaidFrames were bugged for me in the raid setting pic - showing all buffs like that is not supposed to happen, but it's fixed now.

Here are 3 screenshots of the different spots for my Ghost Pulses, the only real new thing I added. S&B is in the middle, Shockwave is the bottom left, Conc Blow is the bottom right. They all are transparent and flash for something like .4 total time on the screen, this can all be modified by you however. NO OTHER COOLDOWNS FLASH, only these 3. I chose these 3 because they're the major new changes to a standard tank rotation, Conc and Shockwave are both equally better than Devastate for threat, and S&B procs randomness can be brought to attention quickly with a pulse amidst lots of chaos.

Updated UI/download on 10/23/08 - Changes:

- Switched to Bartender4, from Trinity
    - Switched to CowTip, from TinyTip
    - Added GhostPulse, pulsing cooldown notifier for S&B procs, Shockwave, and Conc Blow
    - Everything else is the same it's been for over a year now, just new versions of mods

Inside of the UI I have some mods built in that are NOT essential, but are SO very good that I included them because that's how good they are. This includes:

- BaudMark [raid symbol marking]
    - RatingBuster [converts ratings/raw stats into actual gained attribute values]
    - SpellBinder [lets you keybind anything via a GUI interface, without needing to drag things to bars first]

And a few mods remain in this compilation that are required for it to work properly, libraries and such for one, but a few others that may look odd to unknowing users!:

- Squeenix [Map mod, square map, other minor features]
    - Visor2 [simple interface to move/scale/hide/delete ANY frame/part of the interface]

XavUI.zip - FileFront.com

---

Installation

Quick way: Back up your own AddOns and WTF folders. Then, extract mine that you downloaded in place of yours. Then open the WTF folder and rename everthing to match your own.

Long, thoroughly explained way

This is a .zip file. Inside are two folders, "AddOns" and "WTF"
    First, extract the folder XavUi.zip somewhere unimportant, like your desktop.
    Then, open up that new folder, XavUi. Inside will be the two folders I just listed. Open AddOns. Select the entire contents of that folder, and Copy them.

Then, navigate over to your own AddOns folder, go inside, and Paste in all of my own mods. This may take a short while - you will most likely have to overwrite some files. However, as of posting this updated version on 10/23/08, all of my mod versions are the newest working versions available, double-checked before I compiled. So, overwriting should be fine.

Once done with AddOns, open up the folder "XavUI" on your desktop again, and this time open "WTF". Open the next folder, "Account". Open the next folder, "YourAccountName"

Two folders will be in there now. Open "SavedVariables", select every file in there, and hit Copy. Then, go into your own SavedVariables folder (Remember, it will be \wow\WTF\Account\youraccountname\SavedVariables\ and paste in all of my variables you copied.

Then, go back and open "YourServerName", then "YourCharacterName", then the "SavedVariables" folder in there, and once again, copy the contents, and paste it into that same directory of your own. \Account\YourAccountName\YourServerName\YourCharac terName\SavedVariables\

That should be it. Any questions, ask.
    Last edited by Xav; 10-22-2008 at 10:32 PM.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

OK, I downloaded and installed your UI comp., and after opening up WoW, the screen looked very different from what it should have - not like "different resolution" wrong, but things from the default UI were showing up, things you have set up being completely out of place, etc. I have a screen shot, and I uploaded it to FileFront, but I don't know how to link it - otherwise I would. If you could help me figure out how to link it with a post, then you can see what I am talking about...I have messed with using addons and compilations before, so I feel pretty confident that I did everything I was supposed to...
    <> Karius of Khadgar <>
    Level 80 Protection Warrior

imageshack.us
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Bartender4 and CowTip are so win.

OK, I think this should work. I guess we'll see. Let me know what you think...

Oh, also, I saw some other stuff, like the tooltip appearing directly underneath the cursor when mousing over objects so as to make it unreadable. Anyway, I do appreciate any help you can give; I'd love to give this UI a try.
    Last edited by Karius; 10-23-2008 at 08:02 AM.
    <> Karius of Khadgar <>
    Level 80 Protection Warrior

+ Reply to Thread