Thread: Karazhan Consumables

Karazhan Consumables

Does anyone have a ready made list for what each group should bring? Specifically, which elixirs, which foods, etc.

fisherman's feast or some other 30 stam food.....fortification flask (2 if you are new to kara, 1 once you get your time down).....sharpening stones and the ones that buff your chest piece and shield (forgot what they are called)...3-5 healing potions, 2-3 charged crystal focuses from ogrila, and any other potions or elixirs you prefer.

My 2 cents

agi pots,wiz oils, sharpening stones etc....all your bits should be modded out with chants or armour kits etc. cobrascale legs for melee is fast to farm so they should ahve done it....

maximize your DPS/TPS a have heal pots......the rest is fluff like flask of titans for some extra hps on tanks etc

Yea I was kinda hoping for specifics for each group.

For instance:

Healers--Fish Sticks, Mana Oil, Elixir or Greater Healing, bla bla bla

I didn't think of sharpening stones and the runes of warding. I'll start making some.

If anyone knows a guild with a pre-made list and a link to it that'd be awesome.

Don't know a site, but just use a general base for each toon:

food for whatever stat they benefit the most from...

flasks for whatever other stat they need boosted semi - permanently...

Bandages and heal pots for ugly situations....

Sharpening stones for melee...

Oils for casters.....

Mana pots for casters....

Every toon will need something different, but if you really think about it all you need to do is sub whatever personal need each toon has. It is almost all the same item - food/pot/flask - just personal preference for the rest.

Slight rewording here.

Make sure people have there food/pots as an absoloute minimum. anything over and above that should be seen as a bonus. If you have enchanters in the guild(which you should) make sure your DPS know they can make Oil's and what types, However I dont see flasks as a requirement until the lattar parts where the DPS requirement start to go up.
    Last edited by adrenalize; 02-28-2008 at 05:40 PM.

ugghhh...please don't tell new people it is ok to show up to raids without pots/flasks/gear. Bring the stuff and don't use it if not necessary, but having to stop so some fool can go back to shat or org to get something is painful. Let's promote being prepared.

I concur that flasks may be a little cost prohibitive and uneccesary for the beginning bosses. I tanked the first three without any flasks.

Heal pots for tanks are worthless. Stoneshield ftw.

Heal pots are useless when your healer is silenced? How does getting 1500-2500 health in a pinch = worthless?

The biggest difference makers for Karazhan are [item]Greater Stoneshield Potion[/item] or [item]Ironshield Potion[/item] for a tank; because they use your healing cooldown, [item]Nightmare Seed[/item] can be used when you require a self-heal (shares a cooldown with healthstones, though). [item]Super Mana Potion[/item] or [item]Auchenai Mana Potion[/item] for a healer (either amounts to an extra 100 mp5 on average if you're chain-drinking them).

I hope this gives you some ideas. Obviously different classes/specs will value certain consumables over others. I am sure this list isn't exhaustive, but it is what I came up with off the top of my head.

Tanks:
    20/30 Stam Food
    Flask of Fortification
    Elixir of Major Agility/Earthen Elixir/Elixir of Mastery/Elixir of Major Fort/Elixir of Major Defense
    Sharpening Stones
    Ironshield Potions
    Resistance Potions
    Health Potions
    Nightmare Seeds
    Greater Rune of Warding

Melee DPS:
    20 Agi/20 Str/20 Hit/40 AP/30 Sta Food
    Flask of Relentless Assault/Fel Strength Elixir/Elixir of Major Agility/Elixir of Mastery/Gift of Arthas
    Sharpening Stones
    Resistance Potions
    Haste/Heroic Potions
    Health/Mana Potions

Caster DPS:
    23 Spell Dmg/30 Sta Food
    Flask of Binding Light/Flask of Pure Death
    Adept's Elixir/Elixir of Major Frost,Fire,Shadow Power/Elixir of Major Mageblood/Elixir of Draenic Wisdom
    Wizard Oil
    Resistance Potions
    Destruction Potions
    Health/Mana Potions

Healers:
    44 heal/20 Sta 8 mp5 Food
    Flask of Mighty Restoration
    Elixir of Healing Power/Elixir of Major Mageblood/Elixir of Draenic Wisdom
    Mana Oil
    Resistance Potions
    Health/Mana Potions

Excellent Hadan. Thanks. I've always been kinda bummed over guardian elixirs for tanks as none of them really seemed worth the effort. Previously I just rolled with Agility on and nothing else. I'll re-research them all and the flask though.

I've always been kinda bummed over guardian elixirs for tanks as none of them really seemed worth the effort.
    See what you need to do is put it in terms you understand. For example 250 health from a fort pot is like 2 solid stars (actually a little less cause of vitality and kings), or it's like upgrading 8 gems from 9 stam to 12 stam (really probably more like 6 cause of vitality and kings), or 1 and 2/3 of the chest enchant. Those are upgrades we all do already, so it helps convince you of the worth. You can obviously do the same thing with the armor pot.

So...do the flask and elixirs stack? I have only been running with Flasks of Fortification.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehn View Post
    So...do the flask and elixirs stack? I have only been running with Flasks of Fortification.
    No they don't. However, I generally carry both flasks and elixirs with me. I use elixirs on old content where I don't expect to die (but I still like to be juiced up to make things go smoothly) and flasks on newer content that I expect to be dieing on often.