+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Illidan, Shear and Shield Block

argh whyd you blur out the epeeen meter xav we wanted to see how good a healbot you are

and wow old screenshot wyndryder quit didnt he? (well lots of spriests quit...)

Isn't Troxed the raid leader with that awesome sound board?

Well the top name was me, but I blurred it cause it was irrelevent and would have detracted from the picture if the context wasn't understood, etc I have the original

and yeah Troxed is "the angry soundboard guy"
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    and yeah Troxed is "the angry soundboard guy"
    I'm sorry, it was good, but only worth about an 8 out of 10. 9 tops. The Onyxia guy still retains the 10/10 for me.

Yeah, the Onyxia guy had a horrid accent, which made it considerably more amusing.

Sebudai > both of them IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganda View Post
    Sebudai > both of them IMO.
    I didn't quite feel the full effect of him without a sound board or vent recording to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Caulle View Post
    I didn't quite feel the full effect of him without a sound board or vent recording to be honest.
    Anyone can yell and get upset, but fewer people can find so many ways to say you suck. :)

i love troxed!
    ARE YOU STUPID???

HELLO???

THAT IS A SERIOUS FKING QUESTION!!!

I am the guild leader of a relatively big guild on Thrall server. I have a MT who does not spec into deflection (He doesn't like it). We do not force specs so we have be letting him in with the 0/15/x spec he prefers. It hasn't been an issue really. Till now...

We are on Illidan and he is getting sheared. Not every time, but usually. He is stubborn and thinks that it is only because he doesn't have the 4 set T6 bonus. He is stubborn but he is not stupid and a damn good tank. He has shield blocks up, doesn't miss assignments and is usually on top of things.

I read on elitistjerks forums that you need 66.5% with dodge+parry+block. Is this true? Needless to say, he is not meeting the minimum requirements and can easily make it up by speccing 5/5 deflection. However, before confronting him, I need to know whether elitistjerks.com is right?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    I have a MT who does not spec into deflection (He doesn't like it).
    Get a new MT, if the current one isn't interested in improving their survivability. You don't force specs, but neither are you forced to take them along with their poor talent choices. I'm sure you can find someone else who is interested.

We are on Illidan and he is getting sheared. Not every time, but usually. ... He has shield blocks up
    Possibly trying to keep SB active at all times? Which then results in the charges getting eaten just before a Shear. Tying into the first part: charges get used faster with less avoidance, which is already a known problem with your MT.

Illidan can't crush, so save SB for the Shear cast.

I read on elitistjerks forums that you need 66.5% with dodge+parry+block. Is this true?
    They're talking about Paladin tanks. Holy Shield + Libram = ~35% block, so they need that much baseline D/P/B to push the Shear hits off the table.

The +75% block from Shield Block is more than enough to make a Prot Warrior safe from Shear with even the most rudimentary gearing....if used at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    I am the guild leader of a relatively big guild on Thrall server. I have a MT who does not spec into deflection (He doesn't like it). We do not force specs so we have be letting him in with the 0/15/x spec he prefers. It hasn't been an issue really. Till now...

We are on Illidan and he is getting sheared. Not every time, but usually. He is stubborn and thinks that it is only because he doesn't have the 4 set T6 bonus. He is stubborn but he is not stupid and a damn good tank. He has shield blocks up, doesn't miss assignments and is usually on top of things.

I read on elitistjerks forums that you need 66.5% with dodge+parry+block. Is this true? Needless to say, he is not meeting the minimum requirements and can easily make it up by speccing 5/5 deflection. However, before confronting him, I need to know whether elitistjerks.com is right?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Never heard of that number and it makes no logical sense. But if your tank doesn't get deflection he is an absolute fool. Along with having a problem getting sheared it makes me thing the guy is rather unintelligent.

At any rate, what was that mod in the screenshot on page 2?

I've never read that you need that number, interesting though, can you link the EJ thread?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Hrm, that doesn't sound right, maybe it's for paladins, because a warrior hitting shield block gives him +75% block right away. That easily pushes shear off the table.

What the heck does 4 piece t6 have to do with blocking shears?
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

That's what I thought Rak O_o.

Maybe he's trying to shield slam through the shears instead of shield blocking them? *shrug*

Sounds like an idiot (well, he is an idiot, brutally obvious if he's not going 8 points into arms, as a tank). And he's probably trying to get more loot (do you not default loot or something?) by claiming that somehow 4 piece T6 will prevent him from being sheared.

Truly horrifying to think about.

Not getting sheared is nothing more than hitting shield block as soon as you see the cast, and then not turning your back. You can still get sheared if the server's desynced/laggy/you're lagging, etc, even if it says you get the buff. It's not common though.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Illidan's shear can be dodged, parried and blocked, the only thing it can't never happen is a Shear missed. Then you just need your dodge+parry+block to be 102,40% to avoid getting sheared.
    The 25% of block needed for Illidan is a myth and if you read any of those articles in this site you should have known this.
    Its not 102.4%. You need 101.8% to avoid Shear. Illidan cant "miss" Shear, so you do not add the "miss" of 0.6% of a level 73 mob.

So with SB all you need is a 26.8% combined dodge/parry/block as a warrior, which im pretty sure you do...

For Prot Paladins, they need 71.8% combined dodge/parry/block or 66.47% with Libram of Repentance, which is very easily attainable.
    Last edited by Heavyhammer; 07-10-2008 at 05:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread