+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bear Tanking gear?

Bear Tanking gear?

A friend of mine is a feral Druid and has gear set for DPS and is trying to find some kind of guide to check out for Bear Tanking gear rankings, he loves Berg's Gear Guide but haven't seen anything for the bear. Anyone seen anything out there? Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the website i've been using to gear my gf's feral druid up to speed for tanking:

Feral Bear Tanking Gear List

Includes Cat dps gear sections, too. I found it thru the druid wikispaces site. Hope it helps.
    Kardalys
    80 Warrior of <Hellions> H-Cenarion Circle

Emmerald's is good, but keep in mind that as it gives each of the items a numeral value, it is only accurate for the model he put up. Where there is a small difference, your gear set can shift the ranking up or down.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Rawr... USE IT!
    The Druid Wiki Rawr

I am having a problem with my gear. I'm currently in T5 tanking and as we are progressing on to t6 content I've been looking at what gear upgrades I should be getting.

I have Rawr (love it), but as I equip the gear that it recomends for me I keep seeing a problem. No defense.

I'm really not sure what to do. If I follow its recomendation I'm under crit cap by over 1%, and I'm really not sure how to fix it. Since I'm new to t6 content I dont really know if that's just the way it is, or if I have to sacrifice stam gems for def, or what... and if so, what items are really an upgrade? Def items with stam gems vs high end items with def gems seems not to be a real progression with gear.

Really would like some help as I have lots of competition for tank spots.

Gem Resilience. Sad to say but it's one of the better ways to get there.

15 resil to chest, glyph of the gladiator (20 resil, 18 stam), etc. are all viable options.

Yeah, I've been looking into it, and I've been considering getting the 40k honor resilience trinket. I lose a trinket slot... but adding up all the gems I would need to replace with resilience would make me lose just as much. I'll probably hang on to some of my high def pieces even after upgrading to adjust my gear for different fights. I tried looking for other solutions but this one seems to be an quick easy one step fix.

Don't - the S3/S4 bracers are a better choice for resil in general.

What's your armory? I might be able to give you a few ideas if you're in tank gear.

+ Reply to Thread