Thread: Empíre solo tanks Gruul. (A success story)

Empíre solo tanks Gruul. (A success story)

Hi guys,

Just thought you'd like to hear this one

Last night, during farm night, we end with Gruul to get some more Elusive DST's...

I do a ready check... everyone is ready. I run in to punch Gruul.

"Gruul angry!"
    "Gruul Smash!"
    "Die!"
    "Stay!"
    "Scurry!"

Q.) ...wait, why do the rogues keep getting one punched???
    A.) Apparantly clicking ready during a ready check for my Druit OT doesn't include standing on the Gruul side of the gate, and he's locked out of the fight...

So some idiot yells WIPE IT, Gruuls at ~90%... I chastise the guy who yelled out, since in my house, only the Raid Leader calls for a wipe... "KEEP Going!" I shout....

Basically gruul died in between growth 18 and 19 all of our melee dps was dead by that point, but due to good avoidance of shatters from the raid (made easier by the fact that so many melee kept dying to hateful strikes), smart, efficient use of tanking cooldowns, and great heals from great healers! we did it

So in conclusion we're a 3/6, 1/4 Raiding guild... not geared for BT or something like that. Keep your spirits up guys, with the right attitude people can pull off amazing things! Never give up!

nuff said

Atank
    70 Dwarven Warrior
    GM/RL Empíre
    Detheroc

Thank you for holding your ground to see a fight through. I can't STAND when someone yells out "WIPE!" and half the raid runs out, dooming anyone with the balls to stay to an inevitable wipe.

Kudos to you and yours. Chastise the drood for being a dumbass tho. Who the hell gets locked out of a fight?

Rofl that's pretty good. Definitely a good way to respond to the person who calls for a wipe.

That's always irritated me. Half the time when people think it might be a wipe, it isn't one. If you wipe, you're going to wipe anyhow; why call it when there's still a chance?

I love hearing stories like this, too. It's great for morale.

Sometimes it is worth continuing even if a wipe is inevitable - just for the additional learning.

hehe, the main time to call for a wipe early is if you are fighting very fast respawns or its so early on and a crucial person has died. On a similar note last time we did Karathress, the first time the hunter tank died while the dps were killing him, somehow I managed to agro the hunter from diagonally across the room and tanked both him and kara until we'd lost too many healers. The second time my primary healer died while the raid were finishing off the priest and due to some small miracle when I died Kara ran straight off to the priest tank (bypassing all the dps and healers) and they killed him!

Main thing is to make sure only one or two people ever call a wipe, so that there's no confusion
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Another trick to prolong Gruul if you have lost your OT (or in the more likely scenario you lost the MT and the OT took over) - one you have lost all your melee, call out the weakest healers/range dps to move into melee range (one at a time) so they will take the next hateful stirke. You can at least prolong the fight a bit longer if you are close to downing him.
    The beast is getting hungrier.

Man, here I was thinking some Pally solo'd Gruul. I was gonna be pissed.

But grats a ton dude!
    Ardalan - Tank
    Guild: Momentum
    Server: Scarlet Crusade

Yea Gratz on having The Testicluar Fortitude to MAke that assesment. I hate it when someone calls wipe and Me (Tank) and healers are up. Ive downed so many bosses with under the so called required player amount i feel its Rather Nubish to run like an Scary lil Smurf . Props to a good story fight

I've lost my OT at 30% before... all the melee died, then gruul died

About the wipe call: I called a wipe and people kept on fighting... then I started yelling about timers and they listened when they realized they were going to have to clear trash in 5 minutes :P lol

While there are certainly time that calling a wipe is beneficial to getting back up and getting moving again, I hate it when someone calls it prematurely.

That's strong and I know it was a hell of an adrenaline rush.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)