+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon chanting?

Weapon chanting?

I'm getting around to doing some farming for gold so i can buy shards etc for my enchants.

In the short term i have been throwing crusader enchants on my weapons as i had a heap of righteous orbs. Now I'm out of Orbs and wielding A wolf's paw and Fool's Bane while waiting for a decapitator to drop.

What's the appropriate ranking for enchants on a DW Fury Warr and a Tank?

executioner on 1 if no other dps in your raid has it, and otherwise, i like +20 str.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    executioner on 1 if no other dps in your raid has it, and otherwise, i like +20 str.
    I'm waiting on a 95+ DPS weapon before I splurge for Executioner, but you're comment makes me wonder. Does the proc apply a buff to the player or a debuff on the mob?

I always thought it was a proc on the mob? I don't actually own it though, but I swear I saw it on my enemy in pvp once when my 3v3 teammate had executioner go off. Maybe its just my ui's though. If its a self buff, then I think 100% when dw: executioner on 1 weapon, potency on the other. Mongoose is lackluster for warrior dps. for tanking just go mongoose.

hmm i'll look at executioner buff/proc and see whats involved....

The 20 strength seems not so nice to me but thats probably because i see crusader up for alot of the time in my fights being dual wielded....

crusader = 132AP

20Str = 44AP

Looking aqt executioner it's a "Weapon Buff" so it's tied to one char on one mob for 15 seconds......so on your average mob it's like 5% more damage for 15 seconds with that weapon (possibly both as it seems to not tie to the weapon as such).

I think ill stick with crusader until i get some more Armour Piercing stats then swap to executioner.......the more armour piercing the better i say..
    Last edited by fastidius; 02-11-2008 at 04:09 PM.

Executioner is a buff to yourself. It causes only your attacks to get the armor ignore bonus.

ah k, thanks for the clarification nilya.

so based on that the following information would seem about right?

Executioner - The more Armour Ignore you have the better - no other AI gear = about 5-6% damage increase while active (mob may have more or less armour)

Crusader / 20 Str - 132 AP on proc Vs 44AP constant....I like proc if both weapons have it particularly for bosses and long fights where the entire proc time is used. in short fights you may find +20 Str is a winner.

Formulae for crusader proc rates
    Chance on hit (%) = weapon speed * 1.82

Mongoose - Heaps of crit but more a tanking buff..1.75 - 2% speed increase but nothing amazing...2hander warrior maybe use for flurry

+ damage enchants - not really appropriate for slower weapons.....dagger chant and warrs ont use daggers anymore 8)

[Weapon dps]+([+dmg of the enchant]/[Weapon speed])

so in that case im using my crusaders until i can get 2 badge items and an excutioner chant.

+ Reply to Thread