Thread: Agro Gain Spoof?

Agro Gain Spoof?

This past weekend I was in Gruuls Lair with my guild. During the fight with Gruul our MT died. I was the only other Tank there so I just switched to sheild and sword and out of habit taunted and shield bashed. During this time the raid leader was calling out for MD on me in vent.

Now, I was just dps'ing with two weapons and when I switched I was at least 8 or more down on the threat meter (omen) on my computer and the wifes. I taunted, shield bashed and heroic strike and every other thing I could do to get instant agro aside of Mocking blow. At this point I got to the top of the meters and held agro and we downed him.

After the fight everyone was saying how did I get up in agro so fast. I didn't say "I taunted and SB him" cause he is untauntable and I didn't want to get laughed at. I am not saying that worked but it was odd to go up so fast. Perhaps all out Threat meters were off? Anyone had a similar occurance?

Gruul's

I have done this more then once i would say a review of wws will show that one or more hunters critted while MD to you also a good raid group will do all they can do drop down threat meter if you have to switch tanks (vanish,fade,etc) with Gruul your main goal is to get above melee dps depending on how many are up at that point and what classes they are that isn't as hard as you may think.

I have seen on any fight that a warrior taunt will build aggro up to the same value as the lead aggro holder, this is basically any boss it works on ZA Gruuls Mags Kara, after taunt it is up to the warrior to blow out any other aggro build he has bash and a few sunders with a revenge works well

Taunting untauntable mobs does increase your threat and has, at least for me, put me top of Omen. It doesnt appear to actually taunt the boss from the MT but it does allow you to go top on threat meter!

Tried it on VR after the knockback and also on most of the untauntable mobs and bosses in Kara, works a treat.

Basically what Bogota linked is correct.

The addon itself doesn't check if it is immune, it just checks if the taunt was resisted or not. if it successfully landed (not checking for immunity) it will wrongly shoot you to the top of the threat meter.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I am not 100% sure you are right. Yesterday we were on the bird boss in ZA I was OT and was way down on the treat metre, I warned our MT I was going to try a taunt to build the aggo up and he could just taunt back from me. My taunt pulled bird boss onto me and our MT taunt failed, I landed up being MT for around 15% of bird boss then his taunt kicked in and he started on the boss again.

After the run we went to Kara and tried it out there and it seemed to work the same each time you will get the aggro - build up your aggro on a taunt even if the boss does seem to be immune.

Hmm... well we don't use an OT on the bird boss and I don't think I've ever lost aggro, so I've never taunted him. I was under the impression that he was an untauntable boss. But what you describe is a classic MT/OT trick on a tauntable boss. For example my guild uses the OT taunt/MT taunt back on High King Mulgar who is tauntable.

When you taunt Akil'zon do you get an "immuned" message?

You can taunt him it just takes a bit of timing, normally just after his lightning attack or as the lightning attack starts I have found is the best just make sure the MT taunts it back.

ranged dps needs to be at 130% threat to pull, melee at 110% threat... if you were 8th down on the list, it doesn't mean you would be the 8th to pull aggro.. so if you got md's you would probably be at enough threat for your ranged to not be 130% over you and pull

I have seen from experience that their is no such thing as a non-tauntable boss (in ZA/TK/SSC anyway). You can alwasy build threat with taunt, as far as I've seen.
    Playing a warrior tank well is its own reward.

I would agree with the taunt discussion, actually, I'ma start a new thread about this.