Thread: ZA raiding composition

ZA raiding composition

I was wondering what you all thought was the best class composition for a ZA raid to try to accomplish the timed event for atleast the bear boss. We have the first 2 bosses down pretty good, but usually fall just short of the timed event and I would like to make a good attempt at that this week.

What I was thinking was Warrior MT, feral druid OT, druid healer, priest healer, pally healer, mage, mage, dps, dps, dps. Not sure on the last 3 dps, and might also have a pally OT with the feral druid in cast unless needed. Our feral cat can keep up pretty well with dps due to his gear sets for both. That would leave 2 dps slots for that. I think the big thing was having 2 mages for sheeps to help minimize loose mobs and causing death to delay us.

Any thoughts would be helpfull.

when going for timed event on bear boss just use the warr/druid MT/OT combo. the three healers are perfect the resto druid being the most important. Mages are good CC but other CC will work. You honestly want the 5 best dps available that know the fight already when your going for timed event.

We clear the 2 chest timers using the following group makeup comfortably. We are still working on the dragonhawk a bit, but I feel once we get him down to a "1 shot" the third chest is in our reach. All T4 gear:

2 Tanks (prot war, feral druid)
    3 Healers (ideally 3 different healers)
    1 Warlock (ss, hs, seduce/fear)
    1 Mage (sheep)
    3 Misc Dps (almost always run with a hunter, enh shaman, dps warr)

I feel 2 AOE dps is a requirement to get through the Eagle's guantlet quickly if you don't outgear the instance. Beyond that, a hunter is very very helpful on the Lynx, but isn't all together anything special on the other bosses. A shadowpriest would be very handy as well if your healers are having mana issues.

I can actually only think of 1 pull where more than 1 form of cc is handy (4 pull right before bear boss).
    The beast is getting hungrier.

The 4 pull before the bear boss is pretty much where you need 2 forms of CC without question. Warlock fear actually works pretty good here. Forget about hunter trap unless they are specced for it.

Okay, we have 2 good mage dpsers, and that last pull before the bear boss was the pull in particular that I would like to get by without a death. It has broken us from our timed event by small amounts of time now. I was going over specific members in my guild, and I think the best I can do, is me warrior and feral druid tanking, druid priest pally healers, 2 mages, ret pally, warlock, and either rogue or boomkin.

Now if I can get them all to show up and not piss off the rest of the guild lol. For some reason people like to go with certain members and get upset if we do something with our best members and not everyone gets to go. I try to suggest forming their own group for ZA since we have the members to run 2 groups if they want, and maybe then they can see that it is not a cakewalk and it takes gear, skill, and coordination.

We have done it with different group composition depending on who is online in the guild.

One of the composition we did yesterday was:

2 Proc Warrior
    1 Shadow Priest
    2 Warlock
    1 Mage
    1 Rogue (Swap for shadow Priest on Lynx fight)
    2 Pally healers
    1 Priest healer

We completed 2 time event chest.

No hunters for Lynx, we 1shot him serveral times, just get ready to pop some trinket, pots and last stance.

We are still learning the Dragonhawk boss, again the dragonhawk adds remain a problem, best attempt was 1 side eggs clear and boss 53%.

It is tough if we bring new raider to ZA as Mordigen mention above. It requires gear and coordination. Time event would be a problem if we have to take 5mins explaining the fight to new ZA raider. Also we require at least 3 healers and 2 Tanks for ZA, so not many have the chance to go.

Anyway we hope to kill dragonhawk boss soon.

Has anyone did dragonhawk boss with similar composition (ie 2 proc warrior)?
    Any particular method on the dragonhawk with this composition?
    Last edited by Tank; 02-04-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordigen View Post
    I was wondering what you all thought was the best class composition for a ZA raid to try to accomplish the timed event.
    Depends on the type of DPS (magical versus physical) your best raid members are.
    If Magical then you'll benefit more from the faster tanking offered by a pally+druid tank combo. At most I'd bring a hunter as additional physical DPS.
    If Physical (or you bring more than one physical DPS class) then you want sunders. Warr/Druid tank combo is better.
    We run Warr/Druid as tanks, enhance shammy + 2 rogues or rogue/dps warr as one group then pally+druid+other healer + shadow priest + mage/warlock as the mana group.
    You want the aoe, you want the mana return cos there's no time to drink and you need roots + feral charge for dragonhawk trash (scouts). We also use the holy pally in prot gear to tank the aoe lynx packs to make it faster through that gauntlet.
    We've not gotten the bear mount yet but we've only tried twice and gotten to Lynx room at the end of the timer ... soon, soon.
    There are no men like me, there is only me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    We have done it with different group composition depending on who is online in the guild.

One of the composition we did yesterday was:

2 Proc Warrior
    1 Shadow Priest
    2 Warlock
    1 Mage
    1 Rogue (Swap for shadow Priest on Lynx fight)
    2 Pally healers
    1 Priest healer

We completed 2 time event chest.

No hunters for Lynx, we 1shot him serveral times, just get ready to pop some trinket, pots and last stance.

We are still learning the Dragonhawk boss, again the dragonhawk adds remain a problem, best attempt was 1 side eggs clear and boss 53%.

It is tough if we bring new raider to ZA as Mordigen mention above. It requires gear and coordination. Time event would be a problem if we have to take 5mins explaining the fight to new ZA raider. Also we require at least 3 healers and 2 Tanks for ZA, so not many have the chance to go.

Anyway we hope to kill dragonhawk boss soon.

Has anyone did dragonhawk boss with similar composition (ie 2 proc warrior)?
    Any particular method on the dragonhawk with this composition?
    Shield Spike and tclap spam, and any passive dmg you can get(ret aura, thorns etc.) It is really simple to aoe tank as a warrior. The only problem that comes up is if you get ported before you are able to get any threat.

Re: prot warriors are dragonhawk.

We had our first dragonhawk kill this week and while I'm sure the next one won't be a walkover, the strat we finally settled on worked well. Originally we tried a feral druid and holy pally tanking the adds, this works well, but takes one healer out of healing anyone but himself - with a shadow priest this might have been more feasible.

Eventually we did:
    Druid - tank boss
    Prot warrior (sporgar rep shield (spiked), lightening eel food, darkmoon card vengeance) - on adds
    Rogue - would alternatively kill a hatcher before any eggs broken or kill him after he had hatched one.
    Fury warrior, would kill other hatcher after 3 or 4 eggs broken.
    Mage and warlock on aoe for the adds
    Hunter - frost (slow) trap under my feet - this means if you do get ported with adds up they move much slower.
    Two holy pallys and one priest as healers

The adds were not as grouped up as they were with the holy pally tanking, but they don't hit hard so if they get spread out it's not a huge problem and we found keeping the mage alive much easier.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    "sporgar rep shield (spiked), lightening eel food"
    Hi Shorty, do u mean Felsteel Shield Spike?
    I m not too sure about "lightening eel food", do you have the link.

Here's the shield : Petrified Lichen Guard - Items - World of Warcraft - it does extra damage to your attackers, so you get more threat / dmg. Not the best out there for total mitigation lol, but it would be better to get off AoE dmg to all the mobs hitting you.

The food: Stormchops - Items - World of Warcraft - Chance to zap enemies around you. Basically, this warrior is doing as much as they can, to do the most AoE damage, and that's why you see the shield, and buffs as they are, so that they're doing as much dmg to as many adds as they can.