+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your Interface

Here is mine.

and here is a link to show where I have omen set up at. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...b/Picture2.png

The UI also hides the party look and shows all the individual groups when in raid. I haven't had a chance to take a screen capture of it yet since I haven't gone into a raid group since re-doing the UI.

I am using Bartender3, X-Perl, eePanels2, RicoMiniMap, Bagnon, Titanpanel, RaidMobMarker, and PaladinGreaterBuffs for the asthetics. I also use some of the other normal goodies like Omen, Recount, DeadlyBossMods, Questhelper, Auctioneer, Cartographer, AutoprofitX, and Atlasloot Enhanced.

Oh, and go easy on me, this is the first time I have ever changed my UI around so things are still subject to be tweaked a little here and there lol.

After quite a while messing around with a few addons, i think i am quite satisfied with it.

Warrior one

Druid one too

Recount is shifted to the center because Its supposed to show the first time my newly level 80 friend hit 3k+ DPS.

Lol at his Twilight Vanquisher....we bought him to fight while he was still in blues just to spam fan of knives....that got us our first Twilight Drake.

With nothing going on.

With a bit more going on.

I use Grid as my solo/party/raid frame unit and I only use Pitbull to display target of target and pet frames.

Buttons are primarily for cool downs although a couple are clickers.
    There is no sig.

I lol'd at the Falcon Punch Shield Slam Macro, Kahmal

My UI.

TitanPanel (status bar at the top)
    Pitbull (raid/party frames (left), player/target/ToT (middle))
    IceHUD (player status, center screen)
    Sexymap (top right)
    PallyPower (Buff mod, right middle)
    Bartender4 (actionbars, middle, right side)
    Outfitter (right side, above the action bars)
    Recount
    Omen
    Last edited by solocommand; 03-12-2009 at 04:25 AM. Reason: updated addon information

There a reason Pitbull always seems prefered over Xpearl?

I was bored and decided to make a new UI for the sake of making one. Picked on my unused DK alt and had a go at making a minimalist design. This is my first attempt at making something minimal, no real references just going with what i liked the look of and trimming out as much unneccesary info as i could.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    There a reason Pitbull always seems prefered over Xpearl?
    Much higher customizability.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Much higher customizability.
    Yep. I used xperl back in TBC, but you can do SO much more with pitbull if you take the time to set it all up. xperl is still great, especially if you don't want to take the time to play around and change everything

Been trying to keep my UI as minimal as possible. Frames and info pop in when needed and disappear on an event basis. I've posted two shots below, one with the UI at it's most minimal (solo, no target, out of combat) and one at it's most busy (raid, in combat).

Solo

In Raid

Most of the really important info in-combat is placed in the game-field just beneath my feet or to either side of my character. Given WoW is the superbowl of not-standing-in-stuff, I rather like keeping my vision focussed in that area. Helps my situational awareness. The BT4 buttons under my feet are for monitoring the cooldowns of the skills I use the most, they are all keybound and are merely there for info purposes.

This is never really going to be finished...I tinker with my UI all the time. Looking forward to using the new version of Satrina Buff Frames once it's out of Beta, there's a lot of functionality in there I could make good use of.

As an aside, does anyone know of a mod that will make your chat window appear/disappear based on currently selected channel activity? I know I can use Prat 3 to make the chatlines fade after time but the background remains. I rather like having a semi-opaque background for chat as it makes it readable against the game background so I don't want to just make this transparent.

i should take some time to place my scrolling battle text in less used places, get dangerous when a bunch of cd's come off and im in a void zone :P

I also have SCT and Ghost Pulse but i think everything else is show ... as well as Bagnnon for my bag mod.
    The answer is user error

This is my SQUEAK interface setup.
    It's based on a custom oUF script, and a bunch of extra addons like ElkBuffBars (some appear right next to me, between me and where Grid is - the really important ones ), kgPanels, ItemRack, Bartender4, artRunes, sThreatMeter2, and so on.

It's a bit weird I suppose in that the interface is not the least bit symetric, and I never tried to make it that. Right side => detailed info, Left side => important, quick info.

Tatos UI

The main part I like about this whole setup is the CTMOD hotbars. Im sure other mods can do the same sort of thing with the hotbars, but I have spent many hours changing it around until I have come up with the way it is set up now.

The basic idea is that you put your hand so your thumb is on the ALT key, and your 4 fingers are lined up on COMMA, M, N, B, with your palm resting on the space bar, creating almost like a 6th finger.

The part that you cannot see, is that the movement keys are bound differently:

SPACE = move backwards
    PERIOD = start normal attack
    COMMA = forward
    M = jump
    N = strafe right
    B = strafe left

then some other keys:

V = open all bags
    A = character pane
    TAB = map
    Q = Q log
    SHIFT + O = social
    SHIFT + I = LFG
    SHIFT +L = spellbook
    SHIFT + P = pets
    SHIFT + K = skills

There are more that use SHIFT that open panels, so that they dont use up valuable non modified keys, cause those are the fastest.

I tried to make it so there were as many keys to use for skills as possible. I also tried to make it so that from one position there are many keys you can press with little movement. The amount of time between movements is key, so you really want to maximize efficiency by arranging the keys so the most used are closest and the least used more annoying to press. This is also sort of how Dvorak keyboards are, they try to minimize movement to allow for maximum efficiency and speed.

I found the spot on the keyboard where the most keys were within a 1 or 2 key reach. Your 4 main fingers sit on B, N, M, and COMMA, and are your movement keys. When you are in fight mode, you uncurl your fingers and set them on U, J, K, L. The keys U, I, O, and P as well, although a bit slower, are located within close reach above. Also, sometimes I have my fingers on H, U, I, L, like in this picture, because Cleave and shield slam are my two favorites, and then revenge, and my index finger switching back and forth between devastate and heroic strike, and thunderclap close by. The keys G and SEMICOLON are also close within reach with the pinky and the index finger. This is all conveniently located so that the palm could be used as a 6th digit almost to press the spacebar to make you walk backwards, which I use quite a bit for pulling, kiting, etc. It was also convenient that the thumb is on the ALT key because it is used as a modifier that doubles the amount of skills allowed by the keys. There are always ALT variants of keys and they are a little bit slower, but not quite as slow as a reach 2 keys away, especially if its an ALT modified H, J, K, L or something right underneath your fingers. Your thumb is always on ALT, so its always ready, so the ALT variants double the amount of fast and slow keys you have at your disposal.

When you look at the bars down at the bottom, you can see the basic layout of the keyboard, with all the keys labeled right on the hotbar. You can also see the ALT variants nearby. The even slower keys above are the 8,9,0 and slightly slower 7 and 0. These also have ALT variants.

The key layout is pretty easy to set up for other classes as well. Once you have the hotbars and keyboard set up, you can just plop skills in and move them around and try to find the most efficient arrangement. With my main, I basically tried to place the keys I used the most within the closest reach, and the keys I only used once per battle or once per minute, etc, slightly further away. I still sometimes swap things and experiment, I'm obviously very OCD about all this.

Over on the far left there are the less used potions and other stuff, profession related.. non combat skill stuff basically. They use the keys 1-6, modified by SHIFT and CTRL for the other 2 rows, and then also the HOME, INSERT, DEL, END, PGUP, PGDWN keys for some other stuff. Other stuff dont even have a key cause you can just click them they are used so infrequently. Some things are also just there for display purposes. Then down in the lower left corner of the main combat stuff, there are 5 keys linked to my 5 extra mouse buttons, so I can drag whatever skills I want to them. When I go farming for ore, I set my flying mount dismount to under my fancy mouse side thumb button, so I can dive bomb nice quick. I especially like END on the Disenchant, because its like I END the item

Oh and do not forget about targetting. I have them set to [ and ], but really those 2 keys are bound to my mouse's fancy scroller wheel left and right click. Then ALT modified its selecting nearest and last friendly. This way I basically click the wheel left and right to toggle between guys, its really convenient.
    Last edited by rocknlouie; 03-12-2009 at 06:50 AM.

Very minimal ui setup, i cant stand to see clutter on my screen, there is enough clutter these days when tanking the average aoe pack. There are pics of my warrior and my lock, both have almost same setup with afew variations. Afew things you cant see are OOC bars that are mouse over, DBM warnings, and MSBT. The rest of the raid frames just continue down the side like the others. So i am finally happy with my setup, and just in time for 3.1, i hope to get a month out of it before im forced to reconfigure.

Addons Used:

ag_UnitFrames
    Prat
    BaudMark - when you bind this mod to a key it is awesome, highly recommend
    SunnArt - i use it only for the viewport, i know ct_viewport is better but i wasnt able to find it at the time, but this works very well
    Ratingbuster
    Msbt
    SexyMap
    BunchOfBars
    BigBrother
    Bartender4
    Digits
    Auracle
    Satrinas Buff Frames
    and afew more "standard mods" that im sure most people use, DBM and such.

edit: for grammar
    Last edited by jsshiver; 03-14-2009 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by solocommand View Post
    Yep. I used xperl back in TBC, but you can do SO much more with pitbull if you take the time to set it all up. xperl is still great, especially if you don't want to take the time to play around and change everything
    I thought Pitbull was fantastic till it lied to me on Thaddius. Showed me Negative when I was Positive. Haven't trusted to use it since. Back to Xperl.

I love the customization of Pitbull but Xperl is so quick to go, it's hard to compete

I would try ag_unitframes, they fit in between xperl and pitbull, easy to setup but still lots of options. Plus it is about a third the size of both so it wont lag you up near as much.

As far as with thaddius, that encounter is laggy alot of times with your charge no matter what mods your running.

My UI on a H UK run

This is my UI. I know there is alot of info, but I like to keep a eye on everything. Add-ons are : Omen, Healbot, DBM, ag_unitframes, Omen, Decursive and Digits http://www.tankspot.com/forums/pictu...&pictureid=308

Many people have enough to live by but nothing to live for - they have the means but no meaning <<<>>> Tenraiel - Warrior||Kross - Priest||Anethea - Hunter

+ Reply to Thread