Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your Interface

awesome, thanks blackfriday.

Quote Originally Posted by Canaji View Post
    after i had to do everything new after 3.0, i came up with this:

alone in shattrath

and with a raid.

i think it looks quit nice .
    Very nice - I like that a lot. The only change I would make would be the minimap - IMO, it would look better as a square with a border that matches your unit frames and action bars (or something similar). Otherwise it's really great.

i never found a mod that changed my map to a good looking one. so i am stuck with this round one.

Quote Originally Posted by Canaji View Post
    i think it looks quit nice .
    very clean and minimalistic, looks great.
    care to post what addons you're using?
    Last edited by tehrad; 10-28-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: humungous pics crit thread for 1786535456

well there are a lot of addons working somewhere, but the addons that have to do with the interface are:

PitBull - for unit and character frames, with glaze texture and emblem font
    Bartender - for bars. i realy hate that, but bongos is not working anymore
    ButtonFacade - for the look of the bars with onyx skinn
    Skinner - for those black background things. i have macros that let me turn backgrounds for the raidframes on/off
    Buffalo - for the new look of the buffs. ButtonFacade will skinn this aswell
    Quartz - for cast bars. you can't see it in the screen, but it looks nice on caster alts to have a castbar with the same texture as the unitframe
    Omen - for threat of course. using glaze texture aswell
    SharedMedia - to get more textures like glaze
    CowTip - for the tooltips. you can't see it on the screen, but they look great because you can force them into the same look as everything else
    MikScrollingBattleText - for some information about cooldowns or buffs
    Prat - for the chatframe

everything with a lot of tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfriday View Post
    How to make your UI available for others to download.

1. Copy your WTF and Interface folders to a clean folder created outside of the main WOW Folder.

2. Go into the copied WTF folder and:
    a. Under WTF/Account – Rename the account folder to something like, “Rename to your account name – ALL CAPS.”
    i. If you have more than one account just delete the other account names.
    b. Under Account you will find the name of your server. Rename the folder to “Your Server First letter cap.”
    i. If you have toons on more than one server, just delete the other servers.
    c. Under the Server folder you will find all the names of your toons. Delete all but one (should keep the toon that the UI is primarily used for) and rename that folder to something like, “rename to your Character.

d. DO NOT mess with any of the saved variable folders as these have the settings for your addons you have so carefully laid out.
    3. Zip your WTF and Interface folders.
    a. I use Winrar. It has a wizard that makes zipping folders a no brainer. Available at WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files
    4. Go to WoWInterface - Find World of Warcraft AddOns!

5. Under “Other Categories,” choose “Compilations & Suites.”

6. Click on the “Upload and Update” option on the top bar.

7. Using the drop down menu, select an upload category. Generally the category you will want to upload to is “Graphical Compilations,” found below “Compilations and Suites.”

8. Browse to your file and you can then upload it to the site.

9. Be sure to include a description of the UI and screenshots. It is usually most helpful to have raid, party, and solo shots.

10. A list of the addons, with a brief description, is a good thing to have. It is a bit tedious to create but can help others decide whether or not they want to use your interface.

11. There will be a brief delay while your file is vetted by the site and then it will be posted to the category you chose and is one click away from being downloaded.
    That seems like alot of dam work lol. If I have more than one intrested person, Ill spend some time on a day off work and get it sorted out.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

My simple UI!

Trying to avoid cluttering, hence switching from a lot of MSBT-messages to Power Auras ^^

Bod - don't bother with the list if you don't want to. It only takes about 10 minutes, maybe 15, the first time, to get it done. The steps outlined don't take very long for each one, despite the intimidating number of steps.

I know I woiuld like to get my hands on your interface folder - your UI is extremely good looking.
    Last edited by Blackfriday; 10-28-2008 at 08:53 PM.

Canaji - Chinchilla gives you a lot of flexibility in shape positioning, etc, of the map.

Yeah both Bod and Canaji's setups are great. I love to try other set ups (Roth UI ect).

Sounds like I have atleast 3 intrested people. So when I have some time Ill get it done, probably this weekend.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

since the patch i had to redo my whole ui pretty much, was using wicked old addons, so heres what i'm running around with. its not actually 800x600, its 1280x1024, my image host sucks apparently and resizes things.

addons
    ------------
    bottombar
    macaroon(buttons)
    perfectraid
    phanxchat
    ranttooltip
    recount
    dbm
    omen
    xperl
    simplebuffbars
    ricominimap
    sellfish(not seen, just vendor values)

Quote Originally Posted by Tobius View Post
    Ok after living with it for a bit this is the finished (until I change my mind again) version. It's designed to be a working UI, not a pretty UI and for some reason I never feel all that comfortable with Bar Mods.

loving this thread ( and the site in general) seen some lovely UIs here, this one caught my eye however and i was wondering about a few of the Addons;
    Are those pitbull unit frames you're using, i guess it would take a fair bit of fiddling with the config to get them like that?
    As for raid frames, what is that you're using, grid?
    The debuff and buff timers above yourself and your target, by the looks of it they're EEB, look a bit like classtimers at a glance?

Also, how do people manage to get the Default actionbar zoomed out like that in the middle of the screen, so you can actually see the ends? Is it a Ui scaling thing or a screen res thing perhaps, posting from my laptop so not really able to check atm. Anyhoo, thanks in advance and keep the UIs coming!

just go to your graphics menu and lower the ui scaling. that should do the trick with the standart actionbars.

the screenshot is in german, but well it should look the same with the english client.
    Last edited by Canaji; 10-30-2008 at 03:27 AM.

Takeko UI

Nothing special,

And wearing Gimmick Gear. However I'm chuffed to bits with my current UI.

The raid marks are on us because of the madness trying to find one another during the invasion events.
    Last edited by Takeko; 10-30-2008 at 04:04 AM.

Here's my currently UI, I'm pretty happy with it right now but I've still got a few things to add as far as functionality.

Blind I like that one as well, is that a modified version of the old RothUI?

Quote Originally Posted by Urrick View Post
    Blind I like that one as well, is that a modified version of the old RothUI?
    Nah, the layout is oUF_Lyn modified a bit.

Blind,

What skin are you using for Bartender4 to get such great buttons? And your minimap with no border, is that a simple minimap option? Thanks.

(First post!)

+ Reply to Thread