+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1736

Thread: Show your Interface

Still not finished, but here is a little project I started on today. I still need a new castbar, a focus setup, raid/party frames, and Cooldown watching. After that should be good to go, and shouldn't take up much more space than I have taken up presently now anyway. I'll probably redo the player/target frames a little bit later too. Mostly I want a cleaner place for the numbers and names.

Three small bits of feedback for you Petninja, which you may or may not already be considering.

1. Make a custom boarder to the minimap that is a little larger and goes with the overall theme. Probably should hide the icons as well.
    2. You could also add some custom border to wrap around the chat window. Like the minimap, parts of the base UI stand out because they don't go with the overall theme.
    3. The text that overlaps the health and mana bars is difficult to read because of how you chose to represent the bars. As an alternative, I'd recommend moving the text off to a side to make it more readable. For example, condense the two bars inwards and then have a little block to the left of the player frame and to the right of the target frame where text is displayed over a more reading friendly background. Not being able to easily read critical information quickly could make the UI less practical. While a pretty UI is nice, a playable UI is more important.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Petninja View Post

Still not finished, but here is a little project I started on today. I still need a new castbar, a focus setup, raid/party frames, and Cooldown watching. After that should be good to go, and shouldn't take up much more space than I have taken up presently now anyway. I'll probably redo the player/target frames a little bit later too. Mostly I want a cleaner place for the numbers and names.
    What I'd recommend doing is getting rid of the vertical bars over the health and mana bars. From what I can see, they serve no real purpose and just clutter up the overall look as well as making the text hard to read.

Other than that, it's looking really good.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Gape View Post
    DXE is the bars above my target. I used Pitbull for unit frames and Grid for raid frames.

MSBT
    Omen
    Batender
    OmniCC
    Chatter
    PowerAuras
    Aloft
    Minimap Button Frame
    PMiniMap
    SBF

Thats most of the addons. I've switched a few addons though.
    Thanks a bunch
    Cardaxar|US-Dunemaul
    n1ck1stkr13g.deviantart.com / nicistkvlt.blogspot.com

My new UI. It's still a bit of a work in progress.
    I don't have any raid action shots, I just came back from a 3ish month hiatus. So I just toggled everything so it'd be visible.
    Also, I'm still playing with dxe, trying to figure the best fit. Definitely like it so far tho.

Cardaxar|US-Dunemaul

My UI

if you want to know addons and such. Please ask!

Gamithor Interface

WoWScrnShot_081410_173015.jpg

This is my current UI. I have vuhdo open so you can see what it would look like in a 25 man. Please leave comments/suggestions

Nowhere near done:

Last edited by Benea; 08-16-2010 at 05:25 AM.

Odine is doing a great job with his rendition of Tukui. It looks wonderful.

Also, yay for two [Wrathful Gladiator's Mooncloth Leggings] and being the only priest? Rofl.

Personally I still do not understand why people have Omen and Recount... there's no need to have Omen if you have Recount...
    Pic #1: Paladin - Prot/Holy
    Everpal UI.jpg
    Pic #2: Warlock Demo(PvE)/Destro(PvP)
    Gnoa UI.jpg
    Pic #3: Shaman Ele(PvE)/Resto(Tank Heals, PvE)
    Eversa UI.jpg
    Last edited by JonahJB; 08-18-2010 at 10:16 PM.

People have both recount and omen because Omen is a better threat meter than recount, and people like to track other things with recount. Just because an two addons can do the same thing doesn't mean you only need one of them.

A little project I started tonight. I'm pleased so far with how it's looking, but certainly open to suggestions. Raid and party frames aren't in it yet, so I obviously can't show them. I also don't have a threat meter yet. BTW, like most of my UIs all important abilities are keybound and most are hidden. Rarely used abilities are kept on a hidden bar on the side of the screen that appears on mouseover. No sense cluttering a UI with tradeskills right?

On second thought I'll probably remove Cascade from the bottom left. That's prime space for good stuff, and I almost never use cascade on this guy :P.

Quote Originally Posted by ralli View Post
    People have both recount and omen because Omen is a better threat meter than recount, and people like to track other things with recount. Just because an two addons can do the same thing doesn't mean you only need one of them.
    Most everyone, who is any one has moved onto the awesomeness that is Skada.
    "A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.
    - Mark "Alec Baldwin" Twain

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    I got a 3 bars hiding on the right hand side of my screen

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikak View Post
    Most everyone, who is any one has moved onto the awesomeness that is Skada.
    Yeah, a lot of people have, but that wasn't what I was talking about. Omen is a better threat meter than recount, that's the only point I was trying to make. And while I've used skada, I don't honestly like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ralli View Post
    Yep, that's basically it in a nutshell. It's a nuisance to have to switch between multiple recount settings during an encounter. It's easier to just have both meters running and have the information I need more readily accessible.

As far as skada goes, call me old fashion but I just can't get rid of recount. Even if skada parses data slightly better. Recount does it's job, and it's easier to use as far as I'm concerned.
    Cardaxar|US-Dunemaul

I went back to update my Tapestry unitframe redux version for a friend. To do: Nameplates, and fix a few symmetry errors =p. I can't decide whether the health bar color should be bluish or blackish. That is skada by the way, not recount.

ooc/casting on priest:

ic/casting on paladin:

Nice UI Benea, what's the name of the name plates that you're running?

+ Reply to Thread