+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1736

Thread: Show your Interface

Now I will list my addons and try to explain why I use them.

Deus Vox Encounters – I just downloaded this the other day after all the recommendations it got and I still have to try raiding ICC with this but in OS10 it looked clean and useful.
    Dominos – I liked this more than Bartender and it’s just so simple and usefull. Much better than the default actionbar.
    Shadowed Unit Frames – I’ve always liked ag_unitframes until one day I couldn’t see my raidframes anymore, I was like noooo but after hearing about this one I instantly got it.
    Grid – Even though I switched to SUF for raidframes at first, I got myself Grid after I had to heal on someone’s character (good friend of mine) and in Combination with Clique it’s just amazing, not only for healing but also for tanking. Right click for Righteous Defense is the most useful thing I can do
    Recount – I’ve always used this, but now I switched Omen for the threat module, why you ask? I don’t need to see everyone’s DPS when I’m tanking and if I want to see it I can always check in my Chocolatebar which has a Broker plugin for the total raid DPS.
    Quartz – This is probably not the best addon you’ve seen on a tank but I love it, I can keep track of everything. It’s just a nobrainer.
    TipTac – This is also an addon I just discovered recently but I only got it to be able to move the tooltip :P
    PallyPower – Best Paladin buff management in history, a pally without this is a useless pally.
    SexyMap – Just another addon to make my minimap look better/nicer.
    Sunn Viewport Art – This addon made me decide on finishing my UI, I was scared because of kgPanels and I couldn’t configure it to my liking. So after discovering this I was amazed. I can set many different backgrounds for the bottom bar and it also allows me to recenter the camera view on my character which is ideal for a tank as you have to see everything around you.
    ButtonFacade – Easily the best addon in my list to make everything look nice 
    ChocolateBar – There are a lot of addons that can achieve the same goal, but this is just my favourite
    Prat – Best chat enhancing addon hands down.
    Big Brother – Nifty addon to check everyone’s buffs.
    Baggins – It’s a shame this addon didn’t make it to the Battle of the Bags addon spotlight, it’s a very nice addon that categorizes your bags
    Tidy Plates: Threat Plates – This is just another addon that makes me tank more efficient. I can see what mobs have aggro on me instead of what party members have aggro on mobs 
    XLoot(Group and Monitor) – Best loot enhancing addons ever
    QuestHelper – Still keeps my #1 questing addon spot.
    OmniCC – I love seeing cooldowns on my buttons
    DrDamage – Just another addon to let me see how much dmg my abilities are gonna do on my buttons
    Auctioneer – Just because I love making money.
    Postal – For the same reason I love auctioneer.
    Fontain - Making everything equal FTW

There are more addons I have installed but many of them are dependencies or broker plugins, if anyone wants to have a name of one of my addons just ask me.

Screen shot 2010-07-14 at 7.53.51 PM.jpg

Here's mine. Be gentle it is a work in process. Got Bartender Buttons set up to match the layout of my Logitech G13 Gameboard. Still playing with Grid and Pitbull to see which I like better but I'm liking the combo right now.

I've done a lot of refining over the past few weeks and feel I have finally come up with something I like.

I've been messing with the idea of killing off the second skada window but I like it so I can see threat in one and damage done while in combat on the other. The highlighted area by player health is for important debuffs (Rune of Blood, Festerguts Stacking "buff", Mortal Wound, etc...) Other than that it's pretty simple Player left side, target right, target of target to the right of target. Player buffs top left, debuffs top right. Tooltips hide in combat but are in top left corner. When in dungeons space between main action bar and my VuhDo frame is Main Tanks, rest of raid/party fills empty space below and right of current VuhDo frame.

Addons:
    Bartender
    DBM
    ErrorFilter
    Pitbull
    Raid Mob Marker (hidden when solo)
    Carbonite
    VuhDo
    Prat
    ButtonTimers
    MikScrollingBattleText
    IceHud
    Skada
    Satrina Buff Frames
    Cowtip
    Titan Panel
    Sexymap
    TidyPlates/Threat Plates
    OmniCC

and others
    Attached Images
    For those who understand, no explanation is necessary; For those who do not, no explanation is possible.

Ive been looking at this ui forum for a few days. I liked what i saw so i put my spin on it.
    Its still a work in progress but this is what i have.UI.jpg

Tankspot UI.jpg

Couple of Addons that I am using and what they are for :

- Pitbull 3 - Unit Interface.
    - Bartender 4 - Action Bars.
    - ArkInventory - All in one bag.
    - ButtonFacade - Skin for Action Bars.
    - DragEmAll - Makes most deafult frames movable.
    - Fizzle - Displays % of armor durability.
    - ForteXorcist II - Cooldown Timer.
    - GearScore - Well, yeah...
    - Grid - Raid Frames.
    - IceHud - Castbar.
    - KgPanels - Various Information.
    - Mapster - Simple Minimap.
    - MoveAnything - Moves Anything. O:
    - Omen3 - Threat Bar.
    - OmniCC - Action Button Cooldown.
    - Quick Repair - Repairs automaticly when talking to an NPC.
    - Satrina Buff Frames - Buff Frames.
    - Skada - DPS bar.
    - TidyPlates - Tidy Nameplates
    - TipTop - Tooltip
    - XLoot - Simple Loot Window
    - Deadly Boss Mods - Timer for Boss encounters.

That's about it, Rate and Comment please.
    - Gwaargh Protection Tank of Ahn'Quiraj.
    Tanking since 2004.
    Protection Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaargh View Post
    Attachment 2037
    - DragEmAll - Makes most deafult frames movable.
    - MoveAnything - Moves Anything. O:
    why both of these? other than that looks pretty decent. I'd use Quartz for my cast bar, and pitbull has one if you wanted to use it. I don't like addons that I pull ONE little bitty thing out of to use.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chicknsalad current UI.

This is my new shaman UI. The only change to my addons that I want to make, is getting rid of X-Perl and going to pitbull.

shaman UI.jpg

Alright, so recently I swapped mains (from my hunter to my druid). I am trying to optimize the UI for tanking (quite new to tanking in general as well), but still have the option to heal, since I have to do that at the moment.

This is what I managed to come up with. The icons right above my bars are all the relevant raid debuffs I want to track (something like Auracle or Utopia, just more lightweight and more custom). The bars right under my unit frames are from the same addon as the debuffs, just tracking different stuff. And Event Horizon...well I am just used to it, its simple.

So any suggestions you might have about changing something or adding something vital I am missing would be appreciated.

This is my Warlock UI. All my other bars are hidden but have the same look as the other bars only much, much smaller. I'll have to post an in-combat pic some other time. My addons are: Skinner, Recount, ForteXorcist, ButtonFacade (ButtonFacade Trinity), Bartender4, Pitbull 4, Quartz, Drainsoul Timer, Grid2, MikScrollingBattleText, PowerAuras, DeadlyBossMods and SexyMap.

Dojoartist
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music."

ICC 25. Pictures were shot in windowed mode because I am PC illiterate.

Lord Marrow
    Lord Marrow DPS.jpg

Sauf
    sauf 25man.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gape View Post

I accidentally left my Quest Tracker open in that SS. And my DXE Proximity frame is sized incorrectly and placed incorrectly.

Taking any suggestions.
    Any chance you can give a run down of your mods? Specifically the timers above the target frame and what unit frames you're using. Thanks
    Last edited by kvlt; 08-07-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locust View Post
    ICC 25. Pictures were shot in windowed mode because I am PC illiterate.

Lord Marrow
    Attachment 2106

Sauf
    Attachment 2105
    Erm....that just looks horrible, everything overlaps everything else?

Quote Originally Posted by kvlt View Post
    Any chance you can give a run down of your mods? Specifically the timers above the target frame and what unit frames you're using. Thanks
    Looks like he's using DXE for his timers. Not sure about his enemy health bars.

Quote Originally Posted by kvlt View Post
    DXE is the bars above my target. I used Pitbull for unit frames and Grid for raid frames.

MSBT
    Omen
    Batender
    OmniCC
    Chatter
    PowerAuras
    Aloft
    Minimap Button Frame
    PMiniMap
    SBF

Thats most of the addons. I've switched a few addons though.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    at least 90% done messing with the LUA code of my UI.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6...0810120439.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

+ Reply to Thread