+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World of Logs Query

World of Logs Query

Hey Guys/girls

Do any of you know a query for the world of Logs Client that shows how much you've parried, dodged and blocked? I hear people going on all the time about bears, DKs and Pallies healing a lot but I would like to know how much we mitigate through our ability to block. Shield Bar shows up on our heals but shield block doesn't. I'd like to be able to refute claims that Wars are inferior because they can't heal as much.

Anyway thanks in advance for the help.

Do you mean something like this?

Code:
    sourceReaction = REACTION_HOSTILE
    AND (blocked != 0
    OR missType = MISS_DODGE
    OR missType = MISS_PARRY)
    AND targetName = 'PlayerName'

Fetzie

Thanks for that. It worked really well and helped me to understand some of the syntax of query system.

Unfortunately once you dodge or parry damage the game doesn't tell you how much you've avoided so I can't add up the benefit of Shield block over Shield Barrier. I wanted to be able to show my raid leader how much mitigation we get from the warrior class without trying to explain everything to him in a theoretical way and I wanted to check whether I was improving from fight to fight in heroics.

Thanks for the time and effort.

Tell him to watch ARB Episode 4. I talk about that a little bit =P.

Really the benefit of sblock/sbar is a discussion over impulse and "spike" damage input, not benefit over a long time.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

This is more for my own peace of mind. No one on the raid is complaining about Warriors but I see huge self heals on other tanks and I wanted to know how much blocking and parrying reduces damage over time so that I can have that information to hand if someone ever says anything about it. When I look back through our logs using Fetzies query though I realise that it's a waste of time. Our druid tank only dodges and she dodges a lot. I've got block and parry on top of her dodge so I suppose it all evens out in the end. If my DPS was higher I wouldn't be as paranoid but Teng has given me some pointers on that so hopefully next week I will be in a better headspace with my Prot War.

i'd just look at the total damage intake graph then. It's not about how much certain abilities reduce damage, it's about what your damage intake graph looks like (is it a lot of damage compared to the other tanks? is it spiky? etc.)
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

If you use Skada, I believe there is a "Healing Required" tab, that shows how much healing people received from outside sources.
    Although tanks rarely have to tank for the same amount, it should atleast give an indication of how much the healers need to heal you overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread